The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Amazing Johnathan radio interview (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
The Amazing Johnathan joined me on my weekly radio show "Live Unleashed". We talked about how he started, how he built his career and how you can build yours. Everything was talked about. Playing the streets of SF, working clubs, colleges, Vegas, TV and more. A great hour. Listen in! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAkjDXsPGu8
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Having just watched one of his final performances makes the interview kind of bitter sweet.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Where was his last performance?
Official Thread Killer
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Last offfical performance was at the Magic Castle
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I'm goin to be very honest about John.
I spent a few days with him in San Diego
at his comedy club gig not too long ago.

His act is no longer what folks have come to
expect from this mostly comedian. It is time
for him to retire from the stage if he wishes
to represent himself as any kind of magician.

Folks were laughing at him not for him.
He wears a defribillator vest in case he
goes into cardiac arrest.

He makes no secret of having abused speed drugs...
this should serve as a lesson for those wishing
to follow in his freaky footsteps. He made no
secret about it which made for an uneasy feeling
the rest of the evening.

We didn't pay for his guilt trip...

I wish him the best, but he is not someone to emulate.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
I just saw him at the Magic Castle and he was amazing. I never promote drug use, I've always been straight edge. But I'm not going to knock anyone for their past. In the interview he is talking about how he succeed and how he made it. That part is beyond great advice. Nor is the interview about his health issues which are very unfortunate. The interview is with a person who as accomplished far more then most. Some times we can learn what to do and what not to do at the same time. I'm very thankful he took the time to be so frank and informative.
MagiciennesUnlimited
View Profile
Regular user
of the phrase 'Bite Me'.
197 Posts

Profile of MagiciennesUnlimited
Devious, as his wife, who was in San Diego with him, I have to say you are mistaken. Also, no one calls him John except his immediate family. His name is Johnathan now. I have no idea who you are...you do not look even slightly familiar. Johnathan and I keep to ourselves on tour. We don't 'spend a few days' with anyone, let alone someone who would say people were laughing at him and not for him. How dare you. Seriously. How dare you you arrogant arse. He killed at the show, I have standing ovation video proof. YOU need to stop acting like you know everyone. You're a nobody anybody has heard of (yet you try to come off here and elsewhere on the green board like an insider) ...talking to someone for 5 minutes at a signing table doesn't make you an insider. Oh...and his heart has improved, thanks for your concern. He no longer is in the danger zone requiring the vest...it was a safety precaution and he even had great material for it.
Sia Synn
www.siasynn.com

"Pain solves everything" -Russ Fox's T-Shirt
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
I have been waiting to post again because I wanted to make sure of a few things.

Devious, first something you are very right about: Johnathan makes no secret about who he is or what he has done. He has always been very straight forward about his life and his past.

Now things I don't understand about your post.

1- you didn't "spend a few days" with him as you wrote. Why would you even say that?
2 - "Mostly comedian" Do you know who he is? It is 95% comedian with more the illusion of magic being the other 5% (side note, in real life his knowledge of magic, history of magic and performance of magic is beyond amazing)
3 - Hard to understand why you'd say people were laughing at him when I have seen the footage and the standing ovation
4 - What guilt trip?

I don't ever understand why someone feels the need to make their bones by breaking others.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I met Jonathan once. I bet a million dollars he does NOT remember me. I would not expect him to.

It was at the South Bend Funny Bone. I was really just starting and doing open mic nights. The owner LOVED magic and had me MC quite a bit. I was learning. Jonathan was there for his run and the owner introduced me. He spent a ton of time talking with me. Even had one of the original Dragon Dictate programs. Almost missed his intro as we were teaching the thing how to swear!

He was wonderful to me with no reason to be. Th is is that he true measure of a man. Not how he battles his demons. He inspired me to even pursue this career and he probably has no idea. Hopefully now he does.

I have seen him many times since, as an audience member that is. Not being the guy who introduces myself with "hey remember me" I never said anything. Hey I even got to be "his brother" in the show for a couple of shows!

As for the demons...we all have them. Lord knows I do. I suggest we ddon't judge by them. I would hate to be judged only for the worst things I ever did. Perhaps if I see him somewhere in Vegas this week I will say hey.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
He is a very generous person to so many. I'm always blown away by his ability to reach out and guide others.
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
That was one devious b*+€# slap! Thank you for setting the record straight. I wish the absolute best for you both.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Amazing Johnathan radio interview (10 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL