The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Altered memory routines (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
512 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Looking once again for help or suggestions from the bottomless pit of the Café members knowledge, I'm trying to find some more routines of the "Mistress memory" type (Paul Brooke, the book of lies, page 59); the spectator firmly believes what he saw or did, but you, AND the audience, proves him wrong... Paul's routine is incredibly strong and powerful, I would love to add a couple others to my repertoire... Any idea welcome!
Have a nice summer, all!
Friendly, from Belgium,
Gilles
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Patrick Redford has a GREAT one which he taught in his lecture. Absolutely killer. I've performed it quite a lot.
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
512 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Penguin lecture?
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2014, gillesA4 wrote:
Penguin lecture?

Yes.

His pegging lecture is packed full of great material.

Howeve if you just want false memory tricks, he has a PDF "Glemme" which is specifically focused just on that plot.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5942 Posts

Profile of george1953
Another vote for Glemme here, I think you will find lots of useful stuff there.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Btw, by pegging, I meant penguin. My phone decided to change it.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12100 Posts

Profile of John C
There is something from Jay Sankey too called memory relapse.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Another vote for Glemme. Luke Jermay also has a wonderfull idea on his skulldrey DVD that I've had great success with. I've said this before but my faveourit piece that I've used for this type of effect is Cerebral Steal by Jsmes Brown. Hands down when performed correctly, it delivers the ultimate impact for this type of effect.
Twitter @darjames
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2014, Jamie D wrote:
Another vote for Glemme. Luke Jermay also has a wonderfull idea on his skulldrey DVD that I've had great success with. I've said this before but my faveourit piece that I've used for this type of effect is Cerebral Steal by Jsmes Brown. Hands down when performed correctly, it delivers the ultimate impact for this type of effect.



Are you referring to the bubble pop?
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
It's the effect called RGM but the bubble burst is worth the price of DVD in my opinion.
Twitter @darjames
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2014, Jamie D wrote:
Another vote for Glemme. Luke Jermay also has a wonderfull idea on his skulldrey DVD that I've had great success with. I've said this before but my faveourit piece that I've used for this type of effect is Cerebral Steal by Jsmes Brown. Hands down when performed correctly, it delivers the ultimate impact for this type of effect.



Are you referring to the bubble pop?


I think Jamie is referring to RGM on the Skullduggery DVD. I've been using it for a decade now and absolutely love it. Anytime I'm asked to perform with cards its one of my goto pieces. To this day it has been one of my best purchases, along with 7 Deceptions.

RGM can be found on the DVD and in 7 Deceptions.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2014, MatthewSims wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2014, Jamie D wrote:
Another vote for Glemme. Luke Jermay also has a wonderfull idea on his skulldrey DVD that I've had great success with. I've said this before but my faveourit piece that I've used for this type of effect is Cerebral Steal by Jsmes Brown. Hands down when performed correctly, it delivers the ultimate impact for this type of effect.



Are you referring to the bubble pop?


I think Jamie is referring to RGM on the Skullduggery DVD. I've been using it for a decade now and absolutely love it. Anytime I'm asked to perform with cards its one of my goto pieces. To this day it has been one of my best purchases, along with 7 Deceptions.

RGM can be found on the DVD and in 7 Deceptions.


Ah yes, I remember that now. I used it for a while until I learned Patricks.

Funny story actually, I performed Patricks once to book a show. One owner saw it and then wanted the other owner to see the same trick. I decide to take a risk and try to do it for real. It worked PERFECTLY. I was so shocked/secretly evil laughing inside because that absolutely 100% convinced everyone that it had all been real.


On another note, you may want to look into "hypnosis without trance" it has great material as well. One of which is how to induce real amnesia so someone forgets their name using hypnosis techniques but without having to put them in a trance. Honestly, I find it to be extremely reliable. The psychology behind it makes it really hard to fail as long as the participant is willing to do what you ask.
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
512 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Thanks all of you for your kind answers, I've ordered the penguin lecture and will check for the Glemme .pdf
Jamie D., "Cerebral steal "is by far my favourite mentalism routine, unfortunately I'm not too successfull with it, often need to use the first "out"... Any tip would be highly welcome!
Take care!
Gilles
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1737 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Please note - Glemme never has come as a PDF..and anyone who has one has an illegal copy. This was released in hard copy only.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2014, Patrick Redford wrote:
Please note - Glemme never has come as a PDF..and anyone who has one has an illegal copy. This was released in hard copy only.

Aha. I just assumed it was PDF since it was on your site. That is completely on me.

Sorry for Mis informing anyone!
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
In "Psychological Subtleties 2," Banachek has a section called "Subtle Amnesia." Jay Sankey's "Memory Lapse" is the basis for the effect "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little...What?" wherein a spec appears to forget an ESP symbol s/he has been shown.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Yep, I do a combo Sankey/Redford style effect where I erase a ESP symbol - but its cloaked within a given memory where I actually do verbally mention the symbol so the audience hears it as well, there is a friend of the participant holding the doubly signed paper with the symbols upon it - and I even have behind the participant a giant projection of the 5 symbols and one fades away as I tell the story - then when I ask them to say the symbols - KLABAMO... it always kills. Lots of fun - I share this because these effects can be close up or scaled up for stage presentations for 100s of people.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Altered memory routines (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL