The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Lewis Ganson's - 1968 Academy Award with Vernon's Hands (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

james prince
View Profile
Loyal user
England
233 Posts

Profile of james prince
In my collection of Magical Memorabilia, I have Lewis Ganson’s, Academy of Magical Arts 1968 Award trophy

It consists of a mahogany Plinth, with a brass plaque, on which there is a life size plaster cast of Dai Vernon’s hands, holding a pack of cards and his trademark cigar

I would like to know a little more about it, any information would be good and I’m particularly interested to know –

Was this one of the first ever AoMA awards? (From what I can see on the net, they started in 1968)
Is this the only award with the Vernon hand cast?
The Magic Castle site shows Lewis as having won a ‘Literary Fellowship’ award in 1968 but the actual trophy reads ‘Card Book of the Year’ –Why the discrepancy?
If card book of the year presumably ‘Vernon's Ultimate Secrets of Card Magic’ ? (Although this came out in 1967)
Is the cast of Vernon’s hands just that, a cast, or is it a representation?

Anyone who can help shed light or add anything further, my thanks in advance

James
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Lewis Ganson's - 1968 Academy Award with Vernon's Hands (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL