The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magicwebfx with Pebble (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1948 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
As luck would have it, it's using SHoCkeD order, which works for me!
I am having trouble using it in conjunction with Pebble accelerometer...
Are there any instructions on how to move your arm??
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2014, dooblehorn wrote:

Dooblehorn - I believe we've spoken by mail. Is all OK now?
Hello! I make magic apps, such as WikiTest, Earworm, Amalgam and Xeno.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
MagicWebFX was reviewed by Ian Rowland for MagicWeek:
http://www.magicweek.co.uk/magic_reviews......ebfx.htm

Quote:
You invite any spectator to take a look at your website on their smart phone. They do, and they see that you have a few photos of you performing at various functions. You invite the spectator to name any card they want (no force of any kind). Let's suppose they say the five of clubs. You mention that, as it happens, there is only one playing card featured in any photo, anywhere on your website. The spectator scrolls through two or three photos on your site and, sure enough, they see that in one photo the five of clubs is clearly and prominently displayed. This really is the only playing card featured anywhere on your website, as they can check for themselves. Remember, the spectator is seeing this on their own smart phone the whole time.

There is no force, no pre-show, nothing written down. Whatever card the spectator names will be the one and only card they see, via their own phone, on your website. This miracle works every time and is under your complete control. It's a solo item, with no need for assistance or covert help of any kind. You don't even need to have your own website, as the trick automatically sets you up with what will pass for one. Many tricks that utilise smart phone technology look like exactly what they are: an app that anyone can download and so anyone can perform the trick. This doesn't. It doesn't look like anything except an inexplicable miracle.

This is a miraculous 'think of a card' effect that is simply magnificent. In fact, if I hadn't seen this with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it's possible. The spectator is left with your website and contact details on their own phone, and with a darned good reason to show it to other people and shout about your miraculous talents. It is very hard to think what else you could possibly want from a close-up miracle of mentalism.

For full details, simply go to http://magicwebfx.com/

Written by Ian Rowland. Originally published in The Magic Circular at www.themagiccircle.co.uk
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3824 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Hits the nail Smile although Ian didn't mention the possible combination with a Pebble... I think this is the hottest app on the market - at least at the moment. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1948 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, magicmarcuk wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2014, dooblehorn wrote:

Dooblehorn - I believe we've spoken by mail. Is all OK now?

Magicmarc, we spoke after I posted this, everything is good...your support is awesome and this app ROCKS!!!!
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
FYI, the ability to select your favourite suit order is in the next update which should be out later this week:

saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2014, magicmarcuk wrote:
FYI, the ability to select your favourite suit order is in the next update which should be out later this week:

Great app! Highly recommended!

Got this yesterday and I'm extremely pleased.

I asked about CHaSeD order too as it seems far more logical. Minor detail but nice to see that the creators are listening. Thanks!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3824 Posts

Profile of JanForster
For card workers "SHCD" isn't anything surprisingly new... most people are just used to "CHSD" as they know it as common with Si Stebbins e. g.; actually there are people who prefer it the other way around. If you would not know "CHaSeD" and learn any order of suits for new you probably would go with "Shocked", as the shapes of the suits transmit this order visually too, Spades one tip, Hearts two (or two curves on top), Clubs 3 leafs, Diamonds 4 corners... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
MagieLucas
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
79 Posts

Profile of MagieLucas
I am happy that Mark is giving the choice for suits. I use the SHCD order for the trick but I might move to CHSD.

The trick is very good !I like it a lot and do it always.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Another small programming suggestion: for the clear function with a single finger it might be better to provide some tactile feedback to confirm. Maybe two short buzzes - anything just so you know that the clear happened.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Another small programming suggestion: for the clear function with a single finger it might be better to provide some tactile feedback to confirm. Maybe two short buzzes - anything just so you know that the clear happened.

Noted - I'll consider adding something like this in a future update.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thank you. Waiting impatiently for the chased update! Argh!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Based on Jan's glowing recommendation I ordered the Pebble Watch from Amazon today - can't wait to give this a spin.
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
328 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
The pebble watch is an incredible addition to an already very powerful tool. This is my go to trick for months now.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Waiting for the watch and the app update ...

I figured apple update would have happened by now 😄
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
So now that Apple lunched the new watch do you plan in the future to release the app working with it?

I can wait... it would be great!!!

Thank you
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3824 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I would wait for the watch in the first place... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Updates:

I've added an option to put a Tweet button on your website. The default tweet auto changes with the card, i.e. if the card changes to the 4 of diamonds, the default Tweet when pressing the button will automatically change to "I've no idea how @magicmarc predicted that my card would be the four of diamonds!" or whatever you'd like it to say.

I'm still waiting for Apple to approve the latest version with CHaSeD support. The build was submitted over a week ago, though I assume Apple's review team are busy approving iOS 8 updates. I hope this will be out soon. I'm already working on 2.0.3 which will have another couple of small but helpful new features.

I've also added some optional code that locks the card to the user's device once set. This means if the spectator is on your site and the card changes to the four of diamonds, the card will always remain as the four of diamonds on that user's device in that browser.

I will likely support the Apple Watch when it comes out in 2015. This is dependent on WatchKit (and any potential Apple app guidelines) allowing me to build the app, and whether or not I'll actually buy one and therefore be able to develop for it.

MagicWebFX works perfectly under iOS 8 and has done since beta 1.

MagicWebFX also works fine on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus - these simply scale the app.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Marc has created a simply brilliant and very powerful app here. The support from Marc is in the same league as Craig at Promystic. First rate and attentive.

Got my pebble watch yesterday and it's very cool but still working on the nuances. Takes practice.

One hint for pebble watch users is to make sure the watch strap is tightly buckled to one's wrist. This seems to help alleviate occasional issues.

Highly highly highly recommended.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3824 Posts

Profile of JanForster
So I see, you succeeded Smile ... hope you got my mail, Brett. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magicwebfx with Pebble (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL