We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Art Vanderlay excerpt (60 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Guys. This is embarrassing.

Embarrassing for those trying to argue that it is real. Embarrassing for those that believe it. But, perhaps most embarrassing of all for those who think they can pull the wool over their colleagues eyes.
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
I agree. It was almost painful to watch. I think videos like this hurt more then they do any good for a creator such as Art.
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
I think some people need to book an elemental manipulation weekend and see for themselves just how real this is Smile

Loving the controversy though!

Kind regards
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2155 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the performance.

And I have thoroughly enjoyed the books and ebooks I have by Art. In fact I performed an effect from one of them today - a lovely imaginary trip described in Planes Mistaken for Stars.

And I think what the debate on this thread shows is what a brilliant and creative chap Art is.

He knows how to perform, how to intrigue and entertain. And we should be thankful for the gems he has shared with the community and I also respect and understand that he wants to keep some of his creations to himself.

He is a name to watch.
Matt Chalk
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
166 Posts

Profile of Matt Chalk
Over the past couple of months and weeks I've got to know Art fairly well, and we have talked to length about various concepts and ideas in mentalism (both mine and his).

Although I have never spoken to him in person (we seem to be playing Skype tag with one another) I can say with fair conviction that what you saw in the FCM Q&A was legitimate.

I am an FCM admin and Ben would have had no idea of the questions beforehand or what Art was going to perform. For him to fake something like this would be nearly impossible.

Art is a wonderful bloke and has helped me with many aspects of my performance and my creation, and I highly doubt that he would make an effort to fake something as incredible and as beautiful as the performance.
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
So it's witchcraft then? Burn him!!!

Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Well I do weigh the same as a duck Smile

Kind regards
Art
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Is this performers fooling other performers to create legends?
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Not at all, this is something I perform on the last day of my Elemental Manipulation weekends. It's not my fault that others are unable to fathom how I accomplish it.

I performed this for Ben as part of the Q&A for The Hold Out. I was told it was meant to be a private video however the 8 min clip posted above has now been posted everywhere due to people freaking out over it. I only performed it for Ben because I believed it was a private video for members only and wanted something suitable to demonstrate the power of elemental manipulation and to show what is possible.

If anyone wants to believe it has to be set up and Ben was in on it then by all means, but remember that at one point we all must have thought that reading minds, predicting the future, revealing PIN codes, and bending metal objects was impossible.

I have been studying and performing Elemental Manipulation for many years now, it is something very unique and the effects created are nothing short of miracles. I will be making a DVD demonstrating and teaching some of these effects later on in the year hopefully as I would like to see more people doing this unique branch of magic.

People who know me know that I will go to ridiculous lengths to make any effect possible. The clip above is just one of the huge feats I perform using a very closely kept secret of mine.

If anyone would like to learn more about this kind of work there are a scattering of books on the subject and I also hold Elemental Manipulation training sessions where I teach you pretty much everything I know on the subject. In fact I am doing one in August at Ilkley Moor.

As I have mentioned before, if you doubt me, sign up for one of my Elemental Manipulation weekends, there you will see so much more than Cloud Sculpting!

Remember that NOTHING is impossible! If you start thinking like that then a whole new world will open up to you!

Kind regards
Art
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2014, Art Vanderlay wrote:
Not at all, this is something I perform on the last day of my Elemental Manipulation weekends. It's not my fault that others are unable to fathom how I accomplish it.

I performed this for Ben as part of the Q&A for The Hold Out. I was told it was meant to be a private video however the 8 min clip posted above has now been posted everywhere due to people freaking out over it. I only performed it for Ben because I believed it was a private video for members only and wanted something suitable to demonstrate the power of elemental manipulation and to show what is possible.

If anyone wants to believe it has to be set up and Ben was in on it then by all means, but remember that at one point we all must have thought that reading minds, predicting the future, revealing PIN codes, and bending metal objects was impossible.

I have been studying and performing Elemental Manipulation for many years now, it is something very unique and the effects created are nothing short of miracles. I will be making a DVD demonstrating and teaching some of these effects later on in the year hopefully as I would like to see more people doing this unique branch of magic.

People who know me know that I will go to ridiculous lengths to make any effect possible. The clip above is just one of the huge feats I perform using a very closely kept secret of mine.

If anyone would like to learn more about this kind of work there are a scattering of books on the subject and I also hold Elemental Manipulation training sessions where I teach you pretty much everything I know on the subject. In fact I am doing one in August at Ilkley Moor.

As I have mentioned before, if you doubt me, sign up for one of my Elemental Manipulation weekends, there you will see so much more than Cloud Sculpting!

Remember that NOTHING is impossible! If you start thinking like that then a whole new world will open up to you!

Kind regards
Art

After the Q&A for The Hold Output, they decided to put this video out on youtube without your permision? That is actually quite serious violations. You should take actions.

You said you will not give any hints on how this was done, and you will take this effect to the grave. But now you are saying you are working on a DVD on the subject. You are also having an seminar were you will teach everything you know about Elemental Manipulation, and the participants will teach much more then Cloud Sculpting. I hope you don`t mean "take it to the grave" literally...

Quote:
On Jul 6, 2014, Amirá wrote:
I don't get why some guys are thinking about stooges. If you look carefully the video, you can see the clouds that Ben was watching

Best

I don`t understand what you mean Amira? That you see some clouds on the sky, and that proves that this is real, or that you also see the actual name in the clouds? I just see some white sky, when he wawes the camera. If you also somehow see the name, that means the hole area should be able to see it too, and then Art would be a real wizard.
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
They asked if they could post an 8 min clip on the FCM page which I accepted as that is also a private group, the fact that it has gone viral so to speak is not what I intended but at the same time I am not too bothered about it. The main chunk of the Q&A regarding the methods I taught and the rules of performing Elemental Manipulation are still kept private on the original video and that's what is important.

The DVD will not include the Cloud Sculpting and neither does the Elemental Manipulation Training Sessions either - The DVD will cover about 6 - 8 different effects and the Sessions teach "pretty much everything" I know on the subject, I have to hold back a few nuggets of gold! haha.

I have 3 effects that I will never explain and will take to my grave, this is just one of them.

(To answer your question to Pablo, everyone living near Ben would have seen the name in the clouds that day too)

Kind regards
Art
Ben_cardall
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Ben_cardall
Guys I think pits time I weighed in here. Art and I spoke before hand but it was about my ne e-pipe I bought and what flavors I should buy. The interview goes on as normal and I figured I could catch the ****** out. If he anticipated this by whatever means then kudos or if its something he can set up or whatever I don't care. All I know is I experienced a moment and the first one I have experienced for many years, where something wasn't just a puzzle that I could work out. I thought of a name that I did not tell him about, and then I saw that name in the clouds!! I don't care who or how or why, all I know is it was amazing!!!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18030 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Good luck to Art I say...i hope he uses it to book well paying shows!
NEW - ECCE LOQUOR - how to read anything
http://www.lulu.com/shop/iain-dunford/ecce-loquor/paperback/product-24204371.html

BIG SALE ON...no code needed...
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2980 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I really don't understand why people think this is a put up job. The chaps reaction seems pretty realistic to me. The piece feels like the sort of thing Berglas would have pulled off in his prime. Art is clearly prepared to go the extra mile to provide true astonishment. Not sure if the clouds element pulls us away from mentalism into the magic field, though.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1023 Posts

Profile of kannon
While the stooge element I won't comment on, I see a feasible, "low-cost" (in comparison to hiring a plane) on days with very speific weather conditions and a 3 person crew method for this. Would be too much work for me and a significant degree of background work for the situation. Judging by PMFS Art would probably go that extra extra mile.

Either way I was very engaged by this video.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Art Vanderlay wrote:
Haha thanks for getting peoples hopes up Pablo but this I will be taking to my grave Smile

Kind regards
Art

Where sir will you be buried?
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2014, Art Vanderlay wrote:

(To answer your question to Pablo, everyone living near Ben would have seen the name in the clouds that day too)

Kind regards
Art

I don`t even want to start on that one.

The strange thing is that you can show almost anything here at penny, and many will belive it, support it, and some try to make money on it. It should be the exact opposite. I see all people here at penny as fellow colleagues, and deliberately try to fool a colleague for selling stuff, in this case Elemental Manipulation, on a false premise comes under the expression "how low can you go", in my eyes.

Well, I rest my case. Must use my energi on something else Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1342 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2014, voh002 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2014, Art Vanderlay wrote:

Kind regards
Art

I don`t even want to start on that one.

The strange thing is that you can show almost anything here at penny, and many will belive it, support it, and some try to make money on it. It should be the exact opposite. I see all people here at penny as fellow colleagues, and deliberately try to fool a colleague for selling stuff, in this case Elemental Manipulation, on a false premise comes under the expression "how low can you go", in my eyes.

Well, I rest my case. Must use my energi on something else Smile

"How low can you go" indeed.

If the claimed effect were real then the creator could and should demonstrate it for those who have credibility here on the Café.

Think about it, guys. Any two blokes with web cams and Skype can do exactly what's shown on the video, which isn't much. Even the acting is bad.

To make a tall claim then shy away from proving it is...a cop out.

I've never heard of Art before this thread, but have made a mental note never to purchase anything from him.

Some people seem to think any form of attention is good for business, even if it's controversial. That may be true in some cases. But it stops being true if people think you are trying to pull the wool over their eyes and as a result no longer trust you.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18030 Posts

Profile of IAIN
He's not selling it...
NEW - ECCE LOQUOR - how to read anything
http://www.lulu.com/shop/iain-dunford/ecce-loquor/paperback/product-24204371.html

BIG SALE ON...no code needed...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Art Vanderlay excerpt (60 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL