The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Poor USA. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The Steelers are the ones feeling the pain after their dismal 2013 season. AGAIN- who do you think would win if they played today?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5481 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Also, RNK, the Steelers' 2013 record of 8-8 in a subpar division pretty much proves the point regarding the current teams. Compare the Steelers's division to the teams in the NFL West.

Um. Yea. Hard to debate when one makes a statement like the one above. I don't think you truly understand Football and the NFL. But it sure is fun to see you try and compare a weak organization like the Seahawks to a superior one such as the Steelers. One that not only I know is superior but so does America. Just look and read ALL the polls and surveys. You will not see Seattle above the Steelers. Again, I do feel your pain though. I can tell you love your Hawks!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5481 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
The Steelers are the ones feeling the pain after their dismal 2013 season. AGAIN- who do you think would win if they played today?

This is a typical comeback when one knows the information that is being provided proves the point. The point that the Steelers overall are a far superior organization than the Seahawks. Because the NFL is the way it is in today's day and age- I am not going to GUESS who would win today. I will say you never know how good a team is going to be until approximately 6+ games into the season. Many examples proving my point- Cardinals starting off their season 4-0 only to finish 5-11!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Given that the Steelers pretty much stunk in their first 30 seasons, you might want to recheck your numbers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pit......_seasons

Compare to the first thirty years of the Seahawks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sea......_seasons

But I'd be happy to bet anything you'd like on which team will have a better 2014-2015 season.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow. When was the last time Pittsburg was competitive?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
Also, RNK, the Steelers' 2013 record of 8-8 in a subpar division pretty much proves the point regarding the current teams. Compare the Steelers's division to the teams in the NFL West.

Um. Yea. Hard to debate when one makes a statement like the one above. I don't think you truly understand Football and the NFL. But it sure is fun to see you try and compare a weak organization like the Seahawks to a superior one such as the Steelers. One that not only I know is superior but so does America. Just look and read ALL the polls and surveys. You will not see Seattle above the Steelers. Again, I do feel your pain though. I can tell you love your Hawks!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 17, 2014, RNK wrote:
Again, I do feel your pain though. I can tell you love your Hawks!

What pain? We are the Super Bowl champions and are likely to repeat. Pittsburgh isn't. I feel for you, though, you used to have a good team.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Having a dynasty in the current era is mote difficult in my opinion.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

True. There is a lot more parity these days.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1217 Posts

Profile of imgic
Everyone knows the Green Bay Packers are America's Team. The most pro football titles, one of the oldes franchises, and a contender for the past decade plus.

Additional, the fans wear foam cheeseheads!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

As to the national popularity of the Hawks- how about these results from the NATIONAL Kid's Choice Sports Award (Nickelodeon):

Best Newcomer- Russell Wilson
Best Breakout Athlete- Richard Sherman
Team with Best Fans- Seattle Seahawks
Best Sports Team of 2014- Seattle Hawks

Sounds like "America's Team" to me! Just ask any kid!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Taking this back to the world cup. Here is a webcomic in which each country is represented by a person shown wearing the flag of the country as an outfit (Similar to [link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1356878/?ref_=nv_sr_1 ]"Hetalia: Axis Powers"[/link] but without WWII as the background);

http://satwcomic.com/football-feelings

(I guess I don't know if you can link an address to words, but you should be able to click on the address.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5481 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2014, imgic wrote:
Everyone knows the Green Bay Packers are America's Team. The most pro football titles, one of the oldes franchises, and a contender for the past decade plus.

Additional, the fans wear foam cheeseheads!

Yes- Cowboys-Packers-Giants and Steelers ties for 3rd ranked in popularity in America. Contrary to Bob's blindness of this fact the Steelers are much more popular than the Seahawks who have horrible franchise statistics.

RNK
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

LOL!

You still haven't said how much you'll bet on which team has the better record this year. Living in the past if fine. But the CURRENT Super Bowl champions are the Seahawks. Sorry you are having trouble dealing with that.

You might want to check the Vegas odds on this years Super Bowl winner. Note the Seahawks odds and then note the Steelers. Try not to cry.
The bookmakers obviously don't give the Steelers much of a chance.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5481 Posts

Profile of RNK
A little more smack for you Bob. Looks like Steeler fans rank at the top as the most devoted fans in the NFL! Seattle- well- they were pretty low sorry to say. Have a look:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo......819.html

Maybe if you guys win, like, 5 more Superbowls your fans will jump on the bandwagon!

Seatlle- a long way to go to become America's team.......
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

The Kids' Choice Awards (which I linked to earlier) for best fans went to Seattle. And the kids are a lot more in tune to that sort of thing.

And Seattle's 12th Man is known nationally. Steelers' fans, not so much.

BTW, you never got back to me about how much you wanted to bet on which team (Seattle or Pittsburgh) would have a better record this year.

But keep living in the past. The future belongs to the Hawks.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Guys, it's a bunch of men knocking each other down over a ball.

It really doesn't matter this much.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Of course it doesn't. Talking smack is part of the fan experience! I'm sure RNK and I agree on this.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
LOL@ ranking fan support by counting Twitter followers.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Well of course the Steelers have more support among twits.Smile

And only one week to go when the Hawks once again face the Broncos in their first pre-season game.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Poor USA. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL