The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Poor USA. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Shy
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Shy
I congratulate USA, belgium (spelling ?) is pretty good team this year.

Btw, Germany vs France will be a really good one, looks like France is coming pretty strong, and Germany...well, we all know Germany !

Im going Germany this year, but I would not be surprised if france beats germany.

Colombia vs Brazil will be pretty exiting, I really want to see what Colombia is able to do !.

Im going for Colombia in this specific match.

Anyway, every match is going to be good.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
The Worlde Cup lacks credibility without Mexico present.
It's akin to The NFL Playoffs without the beloved
Dallas Cowboys, 'America's Team'.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1217 Posts

Profile of imgic
What of you call a group of 60 millionaires watching the superbowl on TV?

The Dallas Cowboys.

Back to OP: exciting stuff...and will now be cheering Germany!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Yes. Immigrants have brought us a lot of good things.


Plus, they brought us soccer, too!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Good one, Lobo.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2014, Devious wrote:
The Worlde Cup lacks credibility without Mexico present.
It's akin to The NFL Playoffs without the beloved
Dallas Cowboys, 'America's Team'.


Only Texans think the Cowboys are "America's Team." (Unless they're Houston fans.)

The new America's team plays in Seattle!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
The Sudanese refugees in our neighborhood play soccer in the street quite often. They're really good at it. Now I want to watch Shaolin Soccer...
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Leave it to an idiot. Nice Hugh.

I think the rise in popularity is in direct proportion to immigration. Cool.

Soccer functions much the same way basketball does. No need for tons of equipment. Just a field and 20 or so or less friends and one ball between you. Soccer is a direct outcropping of poor countries needing sports outlets. Same with basketball. This is why it is worldwide popular. Where as baseball is Americas passtime, and I love it, soccer it can be argued is the worlds passtime.



Why could it not be god's punishment? Are only Pat Robertson and you allowed to make this designation?

Immigration from the poor countries that soccer is played in like-- England, Germany , France, The Netherlands, etc…

Oh, and it's "pastime" not "passtime". You actually had to override the spell check to submit that.
I'm not sure where I heard it before but…
"Leave it to an idiot, Nice Danny"
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
No disrespect to Tim Howard, who played one of the best games ever played by a keeper in a world cup, but the Belgian finishing was poor.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1217 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2014, critter wrote:
Now I want to watch Shaolin Soccer...


Great Movie!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Leave it to an idiot. Nice Hugh.

I think the rise in popularity is in direct proportion to immigration. Cool.

Soccer functions much the same way basketball does. No need for tons of equipment. Just a field and 20 or so or less friends and one ball between you. Soccer is a direct outcropping of poor countries needing sports outlets. Same with basketball. This is why it is worldwide popular. Where as baseball is Americas passtime, and I love it, soccer it can be argued is the worlds passtime.



Why could it not be god's punishment? Are only Pat Robertson and you allowed to make this designation?

Immigration from the poor countries that soccer is played in like-- England, Germany , France, The Netherlands, etc…

Oh, and it's "pastime" not "passtime". You actually had to override the spell check to submit that.
I'm not sure where I heard it before but…
"Leave it to an idiot, Nice Danny"


Really? Spelling? Seriously? Passes for wit in your part of the world huh? Clever I must say.

And thank you for proving my point. When ANYONE says it is God punishing someone in some way they are an idiot. Admittedly in your example a bit more because he is serious.

Now while you're at it show m a single post I have ever made that indicates or even hints that I think God punishes anyone for anything. Take a break from being the spelling monitor and pretending that makes you clever in some way and show me where I even implied it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

I think God punishes anyone for anything. .


...There ya go.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
LOL!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

I think God punishes anyone for anything. .


...There ya go.


At least you stopped using spellchecker for wit. Now you had to resort to outright fabrication.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

I think God punishes anyone for anything. .


...There ya go.


At least you stopped using spellchecker for wit. Now you had to resort to outright fabrication.


'Cmon Danny, that was funny!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Not really.

As far as our standing in the World Cup. I'm impressed that we got in, and I'm impressed that we lasted as long as we did. "Poor USA" would be if we were kicked out in the first round of games.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea I didn't think so either.

I just meant they list a game they easily could have won. They didn't blow it. It just went the other way. Not a comment on them at all. Quite the contrary.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

I think God punishes anyone for anything. .


...There ya go.


At least you stopped using spellchecker for wit. Now you had to resort to outright fabrication.


No fabrication at all, You asked to quote you , that is a direct quote and it it does at the very least, hint that you think god punishes.

Fabrication is not the word you were looking for perhaps? But we have peviously shown your lack of willingness to pick up a dictionary, so I'll let it go this once.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It shows no such thing. It shows your willingness to misquote and misrepresent. Nothing more.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
...so I'll let it go this once.


Watch out, Danny!

If he ever decides not to let it go, then scary things might happen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Poor USA. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL