The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Poor USA. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea who knows you are right.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:

I think God punishes anyone for anything. .

...There ya go.

At least you stopped using spellchecker for wit. Now you had to resort to outright fabrication.

No fabrication at all, You asked to quote you , that is a direct quote and it it does at the very least, hint that you think god punishes.

Fabrication is not the word you were looking for perhaps? But we have peviously shown your lack of willingness to pick up a dictionary, so I'll let it go this once.

Nah, I'm with Danny on this one. You took a PIECE of a sentence and presented it as if it were the entire thought.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Hey, at least we only got beat by 1 by Germany!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1217 Posts

Profile of imgic
Read an article that Brazil's embarrassing defeat to Germany May cause the Brazil president to lose this fall's election.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

...There ya go.

At least you stopped using spellchecker for wit. Now you had to resort to outright fabrication.

No fabrication at all, You asked to quote you , that is a direct quote and it it does at the very least, hint that you think god punishes.

Fabrication is not the word you were looking for perhaps? But we have peviously shown your lack of willingness to pick up a dictionary, so I'll let it go this once.

Nah, I'm with Danny on this one. You took a PIECE of a sentence and presented it as if it were the entire thought.

I didn't know we were voting. Hey danny don't stop walking too quick Ed's nose might end up buried in your keister.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Oh I'm sorry, am I only allowed to agree with "acceptable" posters?
Ain't life unkind?"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
I thought the USA played magnificently. The USA is a big country and so I think they will find some top players in the future, if it becomes popular over there, which ought to on that performance.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
USA has been getting progressively stronger over the past 10-15 years. They are now a high-level team and, IMO, are not far behind the half-dozen-or-so elite nations.

Have any Europeans or South Americans on the board watched the MLS? It's clearly not a top league, but is the quality getting close to the 2nd or 3rd leagues in the heartland?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

...There ya go.

I didn't know we were voting. Hey danny don't stop walking too quick Ed's nose might end up buried in your keister.

You should go back to using spellchecker for wit. It seems at least closer to funny.

Keep going though it is bound to get funny eventually.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

You should go back to using spellchecker for wit. It seems at least closer to funny.

Keep going though it is bound to get funny eventually.

Oh, I see, you are under the mistaken impression that I post for your entertainment while all this time I have only been concerned with my own. You should really try to look inside yourself and summon the will power to be more empathetic to those around you.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I agree with both Tommy and Magnus! I think we did very well and in time we're going to win that thing. (Now, will that drive Ann Coulter crazy or, once we're winners at it, will she suddenly jump on the bandwagon?)
Ain't life unkind?"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Probably neither.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Do you mean drive her "more crazy"?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Everything Coulter does is designed to promote Coulter and keep her in the spotlight. I seriously doubt that she really cares about the soccer issue one way or the other. So I agree with Lobo, as far as her real beliefs go. But, publicly, I'm sure she'd react in a calculated xenophobic way to maintain her appeal with her followers.

She and Rush would make a perfect couple.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Everything Coulter does is designed to promote Coulter and keep her in the spotlight. I seriously doubt that she really cares about the soccer issue one way or the other. So I agree with Lobo, as far as her real beliefs go. But, publicly, I'm sure she'd react in a calculated xenophobic way to maintain her appeal with her followers.

She and Rush would make a perfect couple.

The funny thing about Coulter is that she is so transparent, and yet still gets the protests and subsequent media attention. It's remarkable, really.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Her reaction would be, "We even beat the rest of the world at their own stupid game that we don't care about."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

You're probably right. It would be that or something close to it. In any event it would be some combination of chauvinism and xenophobia.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
You're probably right. It would be that or something close to it. In any event it would be some combination of chauvinism and xenophobia.

Xenophauvinism?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Now if we could just mix "jingoism" into that...

How about Xenojingophauvinism?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Now if we could just mix "jingoism" into that...

How about Xenojingophauvinism?

Do dah, do dah!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Poor USA. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL