The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Testing a psi force: will you participate? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I am working on a psi force possibility and wanted to test it out. Would you please pm your answer (please don't post it as I don't want the answers to influence you). I will share the tally with all those who pm me. Please use your first thought and don't overthink it. Pretend that you were being asked on the spot and had to answer quickly. Otherwise, the psi force won't be a force.

First thought, okay?

"I find that each of us are defined by the movies we watch as children. I want you to think of any color: Red, Yellow, Green, Gold, or Purple and associate it with a classic childhood movie you remember fondly. For instance if you thought of purple, you might say Willy Wonka. Red, Yellow, Green, Gold, or Purple. What childhood movie are you thinking of?"

Obvious credit to Peter Turner for his "Wish you were here" routine.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
I wonder how many, like me, will not respond because they couldn't think of any particular childhood movie that was associated with their chosen colour.

It's unusual that I would associate any movie with a specific colour, let alone one from my childhood.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Tried it on my gf, she also chose peter pan
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Its never easy on the Café, is it?
I've asked to be banned
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
Both I and my wife could not think of any one movie. Both if us did think of something which I will PM you.
John
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:

Isn't anyone reading the instructions in the first post?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2014, ddyment wrote:
I wonder how many, like me, will not respond because they couldn't think of any particular childhood movie that was associated with their chosen colour.

It's unusual that I would associate any movie with a specific colour, let alone one from my childhood.

To me this was a given. There was only one movie that truly comes to mind.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:

Isn't anyone reading the instructions in the first post?

No actually. I did not. He sent me this earlier today and I tried it out then I came on here and saw he posted and then saw someone posted their answer so I posted mine.

Apologies to both RedDevil and apparently to Bob
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hi, all. No worries, Maddy and Mindpro...:o) I do this to my wife's instructions all the time!

I got several responses and some great ideas. I also learned that two of the colors were very problematic in the force. Considering the presentation was almost non-existent on the original post, I was really impressed with the result. The force came up 47% of the time with minimal set up, so I think that the presentation I have added will make it far more successful. I feel the experiment was overall a great success! I suspect this would be a lot more useful as a whole-audience effect than a one on one. To everyone who contributed or participated, I sent the routine I developed.

Thanks all!
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Bit late for me to post but can see what you were trying - a wizard of an idea!
There is no holy grail!
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Worked for me!
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2014, RedDevil wrote:
Hi, all. No worries, Maddy and Mindpro...:o) I do this to my wife's instructions all the time!

I got several responses and some great ideas. I also learned that two of the colors were very problematic in the force. Considering the presentation was almost non-existent on the original post, I was really impressed with the result. The force came up 47% of the time with minimal set up, so I think that the presentation I have added will make it far more successful. I feel the experiment was overall a great success! I suspect this would be a lot more useful as a whole-audience effect than a one on one. To everyone who contributed or participated, I sent the routine I developed.

Thanks all!

I am wondering about the demographics of a whole-audience presentation and I would imagine fhat the result may depend on age groups as to which "childhood movie" would be a favorite?

E
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
So I assume you are done with this? If not .. don't read below.....

I chose Red Dawn.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
Yes, logged on late in the evening on the 4th and responded before seeing that the survey had already been compiled. I'd still be interested in seeing the results.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Ha! I PM'd after I read the first post on thread !

I later had 'Beatles' , " Yellow Submarine " : Yellow Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I guess some of you here either had messed up childhoods or odd ideas of what would be considered a "classic childhood movie."lol
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
I guess some of you here either had messed up childhoods or odd ideas of what would be considered a "classic childhood movie."lol

Both ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
@ Mindpro, you would have really Flipped if you had seen my first response... Godzilla : Green

And, your PM box is full !
Could not send You, a PM !

~G
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2014, Godzilla wrote:
@ Mindpro, you would have really Flipped if you had seen my first response... Godzilla : Green

And, your PM box is full !
Could not send You, a PM !

~G

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Oh man, I laughed so hard at that one I choked on my Captain Crunch!
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
"Any color" stuck in my head because in reading, an author rarely controls the pace. I got black, Star Wars.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Testing a psi force: will you participate? (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL