The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Shootin' Finger? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Martin Reinertz
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Martin Reinertz
Hey,
at http://www.ahouseoffire.com you can buy something that's called "Shootin' Finger". It basically allows you to create a streak of fire from your hand - the distance is variable.

Does anybody have Shootin' Finger? Is it any good - or would you recommend something else?

--Martin
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22360 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Martin,

Haslett material is not very well made. It does not last. I did not see a "shottin Finger". I would suggest a different supplier.

There are good flash paper shooter on the market, but almost all us an element that burns out and must be replaced.

I would not use anything that could burn out in the middle of a performance. That is just me.

Bill
Martin Reinertz
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Really?

I don't know why, but somehow I thought his products were among the best on the market...
magicgetsgirls
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of magicgetsgirls
Bill,
Are you sure you've done your homework on this website? One of the things they stress on is that EVERY SINGLE one of their products is electronic, making the chance of something going wrong alot less likely as opposed to the use of a flint. Then again, I could be wrong, therefore I would like your response.
I was with you Martin, I thought hasslet had some good stuff!

-Peter
Someone who can use his hands is a laborer. Someone who can use his hands, and his mind is a craftsmen. Someone who can use his hands, his mind, and his heart is an artist.
Martin Reinertz
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Peter,
in addition to his products not using any elements that could wear out (i.e. flints) he gives a lifetime guarantee on everything you buy from his site. I don't know... of course, there might still be a catch somewhere, but so far I can't find one...

Best,
Martin

UPDATED Jan, 24 2004

I finally decided to buy the Shootin' Finger... received it today.

Looks pretty decent to me - no flint, just a glow-plug, works pretty well + you can attach it to a pull and show your hands empty afterwards.

The only thing that could definitely be better is the instruction manual... they might want to run a spell check on this - and some of the information is contradictory (e.g. on page one you are told to use a maximum of three flash pads per shooting, whereas on the second page, they're talking about a maximum of two pads). Considering that everything "pyro" is inherently dangerous, this really needs a lot of improvement...
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
111 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
I know this post is very old, but is it possible to use this in close-up settings? I know I know, close-up and fire etc, but is there a noise when the actual shooting takes place? A click or something? I want to use it in parlour settings. Is this possible (regarding noise)?

Aubrey de Wet
Martin Reinertz
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Quote:
is there a noise when the actual shooting takes place? A click or something?

No. Nothing.

Still, please DO NOT use it close-up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Shootin' Finger? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL