The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Los angeles offers Sea-Change to Medical Cannabis (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-0706-......ory.html

This past weekend, Los Angeles offered up the first Farmer's Market in Medical Cannabis. Matching growers directly with users cuts out Middlemen, and eliminates perceived problems in areas where Dispensaries are not legally placed, allowed or wanted. Because direct access to growers eliminates the costs of rents, offices, security, employees, etc., those large costs are eliminated from the meds. An ounce of top shelf trim was as low as $25 per ounce, and top shelf true-shake was running $40 and lower. $5 grams of top shelf was very commonly used as samples for the buyers. Many times growers will have great stock, but not enough available to sell to the dispensaries. Now they can get this stuff to the buyers. Mendo growers often have the best that never leaves the mountains. Now it can.

The event was peaceful, with police moseying by smiling and waving...and cherry-picking the leavers who blew the traffic laws. Other than that, and a determination of a need to change the building's use-permit...all was smooth and peaceful. There were about 45 venders at this first event and the cheapest bargains went first...leaving the $40 ounces and the 'normal' $160 ounces for the last day.

This marks a sea change in both acceptance of the medical marijuana market, and the existance of the Middleman. Dispensaries as we know them are on the way out, this was too successful. The dispensaries will dry up and blow away within a few years. The event will be held either weekly, or, as I heard, more probably every two weeks. This idea will catch on quickly throughout the state as it was very successful. In many ways, as they say, 'So goes California, So Goes the Nation'.

We can extrapolate further and say that allowing growers to access users and vice versa will be a big boon in MMJ farmers and the nation's economy. I'd guess in 10 years, growing will be the way to help reestablish a middle class economy. Farmers get what, a couple buck a bushel for corn, and what? a couple thousand for a few pot plants. The costs will plummet.

I'd also guess that Medical Cannabis will be the new major inexpensive Medicare solution for many many complaints. A solution that won't make you suicidal as a side effect like, say so many of the new drugs OK'd by the Gov't.

Just a Heads-Up. Sanity threatens to reign in the Medical Cannabis field. Next Market; in a couple of weeks, bring your script, your ID and a bottle of water to drink.

Just thought you'd like to know the happy news. Please 'like' the post if you approve.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Why doesn't the Café offer a way to 'dislike' a post?
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
That's a good idea..and I wish Facebook had one too. I'm getting tired of those ads spamming my newsfeed.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2014, rockwall wrote:
Why doesn't the Café offer a way to 'dislike' a post?

Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Los angeles offers Sea-Change to Medical Cannabis (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL