The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hook Coins. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I'd love to get to Copenhagen again. Last time I was there to visit family (my mother was born there, name of Justesen) but she LOST all address books, names, etc.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-08-11 13:38, Pete Biro wrote:
I'd love to get to Copenhagen again. Last time I was there to visit family (my mother was born there, name of Justesen) but she LOST all address books, names, etc.
As mentioned, whenever you pass through, simply in advance send off an email to me, to get my phoneno. and adress..you're welcome anytime! Smile, best of course in summertime, when one also can enjoy outside/garden joys.. Smile apart from all the magic..
BTW, I checked now..your handling IS in Tarbell Vol.7 !
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Aaron Moring
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
165 Posts

Profile of Aaron Moring
I was browsing old Genii's the other day and found where a Magic Castle member put plans to make hook coins. It is from the late 80's ('88, I want to say). It is simple as this: Get as small a metal file as you can find (I got mine at Home Depot for $3.50), file a 45 degree angle into an edge. Use wire snips to cut a straigh pin or safety pin. Keep it into place with super glue, JB Weld, or solder. If anyone is interested, post or PM and I can look up the specific reference.
I sat down while I was watching TV the other day and made up 3 quarters, 3 keys, and a multiple coin gimmick (something I saw in Bobo's, "Short Changed," is it?). Total cost: $6, with coins.

Aaron
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
David Neighbors has quite a bit of work with a hook coins. More specifically, he has printed work utilizing a combination of a hook coin and two or three coins in a fan. Some extremely deceptive effects can be accomplished with such a gaff.

http://www.stumagic.com/Coinjure/Catalog.html

Check out Dave Neighbors Stands Up lecture notes and read his Three coins Thru The Pocket Routine.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
A while ago David Roth suggested using hooked coins in the Ramsay Cylinder trick.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hook Coins. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL