The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Kids react........... (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
......to gay marriage.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TJxnYgP6D8

I stumbled across this and it really gave me hope that one day it will be ok.

Of particular interest was the negative reaction(s) of the kid at 4:02. He didn't know why he was against it. It's sad how we love our children yet we fill their minds with our prejudices. Instead of teaching openmindedness, we fill them with our hate at a time when their minds are helpless and they look to us as almost "gods". Then they have the audacity to say that when they're grown they can decide for themselves.

To me it's a belief that children are property. It's a form of mental abuse, but they say "it's my child" so it's my "right" to teach them what I want.

I know that this type of thread can devolve rapidly, so if you care to comment I'd appreciate it if you'd leave your flamethrower at home.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Image
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4791 Posts

Profile of landmark
I'm not a big fan of Professional Children™, but that said, I've certainly witnessed a change in the attitudes of my students over the last 25 years. This conversation would not have happened even twenty years ago in the public schools in which I taught. So once in awhile, I guess, things change for the better.

And I wonder how many of the kids in the video are gay?
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Thank you for posting this NYCTwister. I had a chance to meet lots of families that encouraged their children to be open minded by bringing them to Gay Pride held in my city this past Saturday.

I manned a booth for the day at Pride in my city on behalf of my School District who were corporate sponsors. It was an amazing day in which our booth was visited by numerous politicians, parents and children. It was heartening too that our particular group who manned this booth consisted of 9 guys and myself and only one member of our group was gay. I believe this also shows the changing attitude in our society and that there are strong and supportive allies that fight for the rights of others. I spoke previously of my School District supportive attitude towards LGBTQ students and staff and of my work on a committee that changed the school district policy to have a strongly worded stand alone policy in place so that all students/staff were strongly protected.

The vid warmed my heart as it shows times are a changing and I loved the majority of the kids reactions.

There was an interesting vid I watched last year in which a minister read in favor of a city ordinance of LGBTQ rights and the reasons why. It first appears as if he in not in favor but is actually reading something from the 1950's on segregation which he equates to being the same as gay rights to make his point. It's worth watching.
http://www.advocate.com/politics/religio......ch-twist
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, Chrystal wrote:
Thank you for posting this NYCTwister. I had a chance to meet lots of families that encouraged their children to be open minded by bringing them to Gay Pride held in my city this past Saturday.


Thank you for bringing that video to my attention Chrystal. It really shows that all hatred and intolerance are just different branches of the same tree.
Perhaps the next few generations will succeed in pulling the ***ed tree out by it's roots.

I had occasion to pass by the Rainbow Parade in NYC recently a few hours before it was to start. I was amazed at how many heterosexual parents brough their kids out to watch. So many in fact that I was tempted to break out my balloons and busk.
I didn't though. For some reason the thought of capitalizing on the event made me feel kind of dirty.

Lately when I think about all the congenital stupidity we've have to deal with my mantra is....

Just a few more generations. Just a few more and we'll be free of it.

Peace
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Now if only these same people would recognize the 2nd amendment.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4791 Posts

Profile of landmark
I know, it's just awful the way five-year-olds refuse to bear arms!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It's pretty sad how some parents plant the seeds of intolerance and hate in the minds of their children. But, hopefully, we are watching the death throes of bigotry
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, landmark wrote:
I know, it's just awful the way five-year-olds refuse to bear arms!


But they know so much about gay marriage and relationships. Smile Yea we should have more 5 year olds making important decisions. Smile

By the way I was referring to those who produced the vid, not the kids in it on the 2nd amendment comment.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, landmark wrote:
I know, it's just awful the way five-year-olds refuse to bear arms!


But they know so much about gay marriage and relationships. Yea we should have more 5 year olds making important decisions.

By the way I was referring to those who produced the vid, not the kids in it on the 2nd amendment comment.


Aren't there other threads you could attempt to hijack aces? It really gets tiring.

As far as five year olds making important decisions that might not be such a bad idea.
Wars? Pollution? Legally denying rights to certain groups? On and on and on.

"Yeah" Adults do a much better job Smile
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
I don't see how I am hijacking the thread. Just commenting on it that I do not believe that 5 an 6 year olds know that much about life yet. You may feel differently. That is your right. But I also have the right to comment on what I think about it. All is good. Not discussing the meat of the topic but rather those whose opinion you feel is so insightful. I don't see it that way. In fact just about everyone see it differently. How do I know this? Look at the voting age. It surely is not 5 or 6. Smile Just saying. The world just does not see that 5 or 6 year olds should have that much to say about how things are run. In fact I am sure most got their opinion from someone else and are not really discussing what they can reason for themselves as they are to young to reason that deep on such a topic.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, acesover wrote:
Not discussing the meat of the topic


No, of course you're not. All you seem to do is find any excuse to bring up the second amendment.
The school shooting thread is still open. Why don't you go shoot your gun over there.

That's all I'll ever have to say to you. As tiring as it is to listen to trolls, it's even more more exhausting to feed them. Smile

MKay? Buh bye.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
Take no notice of acesover, he still believes Necrophilia is extremely unsanitary.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Hmmm, makes you wonder. How would kids react ...... to Necrophiliacs? Hopefully with love and understanding.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, acesover wrote:
Not discussing the meat of the topic


No, of course you're not. All you seem to do is find any excuse to bring up the second amendment.
The school shooting thread is still open. Why don't you go shoot your gun over there.

That's all I'll ever have to say to you. As tiring as it is to listen to trolls, it's even more more exhausting to feed them. Smile

MKay? Buh bye.


Sorry to ruffle your feathers. (revised) Or do you really believe that 5 and 6 years olds are smart enough and have enough knowledge to make a logical decision on said topic? Now maybe if they were asked if they like a certain Barbie doll or action figure I would put some merit in their answer. But this...I don't think so.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, acesover wrote:
Not discussing the meat of the topic


No, of course you're not. All you seem to do is find any excuse to bring up the second amendment.
The school shooting thread is still open. Why don't you go shoot your gun over there.

That's all I'll ever have to say to you. As tiring as it is to listen to trolls, it's even more more exhausting to feed them. Smile

MKay? Buh bye.



Where were you in the Running of the Bulls thread?!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2715 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, acesover wrote:
I don't see how I am hijacking the thread. Just commenting on it that I do not believe that 5 an 6 year olds know that much about life yet. You may feel differently. That is your right. But I also have the right to comment on what I think about it. All is good. Not discussing the meat of the topic but rather those whose opinion you feel is so insightful. I don't see it that way. In fact just about everyone see it differently. How do I know this? Look at the voting age. It surely is not 5 or 6. Smile Just saying. The world just does not see that 5 or 6 year olds should have that much to say about how things are run. In fact I am sure most got their opinion from someone else and are not really discussing what they can reason for themselves as they are to young to reason that deep on such a topic.



Exactly, what does a little kid really know about taking one in the Netherlands really know what it's about? They don't. But nice try though. What you call intolerance is what we call sin. It never has nor will ever be natural, and please don't bring up the frail argument about animals lol. I personally think that it's disgusting and perverted to think being gay is ok. But hey, what does the Bible know anyways....

And if the supporters of gay marriage want to use video as proof that at this age they can show such great wisdom and insight, we can pull a TON of videos asking kids about other subjects and hear their hilarious but honest answers. But y'all don't really want us to do that because it'll put this thread into a real perspective, that it's just hogwash propaganda once again.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Since being born gay is perfectly natural and occurs in all species, your argument is specious.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2715 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Not the human race. Try again
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Lunatic, once again you've proved you chose an appropriate name for your avatar. Isn't it a sin to hate and why should you care who someone loves?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Kids react........... (17 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL