The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Kids react........... (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2715 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Chrystal, your nitpic on my name is an old one but frail, please think of something original next time. It's not a sin to hate sin. And you can love anyone in the world that you want, but not in a way that is sexual. 2 different things. You may love your dad, but you don't want to have sex with him. At least I hope not, but you may surprise me.

I'll be back in a little while, time to go eat some Indian food.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
That escalated quickly.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I will say, in defense of Lunatik, that Indian food is REALLY good.

Fun thread while it lasted.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
This post was interesting and worth discussing. I hope it doesn't get removed because of the last comment. No worries as I'm still smiling!

Now back to the video - it did occur to me that these children would not have been able to be allowed to be filmed without their parents consent so that in itself shows tolerance and the parents to be open minded.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, lunatik wrote:
Not the human race. Try again


Why should I bother? you obviously reject scientific fact in favor of ancient fables and mores.

Sad to see homophobia raise its ugly head again here at NVMS.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2715 Posts

Profile of lunatik
What about religionophobia? it's rampant as well!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2715 Posts

Profile of lunatik
To repeat....

And if the supporters of gay marriage want to use that video as proof that at this age they can show such great wisdom and insight, we can pull a TON of videos asking kids about other subjects and hear their hilarious but honest answers. But y'all don't really want us to do that because it'll put this thread into a real perspective, that it's just hogwash propaganda once again.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, lunatik wrote:
Not the human race.


What's your basis for this belief?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2715 Posts

Profile of lunatik
That there's never been proof of a gay gene. If there is such a thing, then one should be able to test their kid to see they're gay or not. Or maybe test their parents to see if a gay gene is present which may increase the risk of having a gay child? Could this open the door to more abortions or people giving up their child for adoption? Are there any proven medical tests available for parents to find out if a gay gene is present?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The so-called "gay gene" is beside the point. Note that there is no "athlete" gene or "musician" gene, either, although no one doubts that genetics play a part in those who excel in these areas. It is a combination of genetic and environmental in utero factors that naturally produce gay individuals.

But I didn't expect your answer to have any scientific basis. But here's the scientific consensus in case you are actually interested:

Quote:
Along with bisexuality and heterosexuality, homosexuality is one of the three main categories of sexual orientation within the heterosexual–homosexual continuum.[1] There is no consensus among scientists about why a person develops a particular sexual orientation;[1] however, biologically-based theories for the cause of sexual orientation are favored by experts,[3] which point to genetic factors, the early uterine environment, or both in combination.[4] There is no substantive evidence which suggests parenting or early childhood experiences play a role when it comes to sexual orientation;[4] when it comes to same-sex sexual behavior, shared or familial environment plays no role for men and minor role for women.[5] While some hold the view that homosexual activity is unnatural,[6][7] research has shown that homosexuality is an example of a normal and natural variation in human sexuality and is not in and of itself a source of negative psychological effects.[1][8] Most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.[1] There is insufficient evidence to support the use of psychological interventions to change sexual orientation.[9]


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Chrystal -

I assume you're laughing at the post previous to mine?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, lunatik wrote:
That there's never been proof of a gay gene. If there is such a thing, then one should be able to test their kid to see they're gay or not. Or maybe test their parents to see if a gay gene is present which may increase the risk of having a gay child? Could this open the door to more abortions or people giving up their child for adoption? Are there any proven medical tests available for parents to find out if a gay gene is present?


There's no proof of a "straight gene," either.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
This is why the post is so damaging and potentially dangerous. Sensing that the consideration of full personhood might sway the gay marriage debate toward legalization, he suggests we should deliberately move away from speaking of gay and lesbian people as multi-dimensional human beings and instead reduce them to sex acts in order to make others more repulsed by them. It is an unabashed attempt to single out, stigmatize, and ostracize an entire group of people, which is the exact opposite of what the gospel calls us to do.

The post is not mine but was copied/pasted from a Christian Magazine, the Gospel Coalition , to responses concerning homophobia.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2715 Posts

Profile of lunatik
You missed the point. I stated that there basically there is no gay gene and the medical community cannot provide any irrefutable evidence supporting it. No one can be tested for it. As for the environment, do you mean industrial, rural or? Are you saying if you're surrounded by gays or their propaganda and you happen to be a little deviant that you may become gay? Spell out what you mean exactly please
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2715 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, lunatik wrote:
That there's never been proof of a gay gene. If there is such a thing, then one should be able to test their kid to see they're gay or not. Or maybe test their parents to see if a gay gene is present which may increase the risk of having a gay child? Could this open the door to more abortions or people giving up their child for adoption? Are there any proven medical tests available for parents to find out if a gay gene is present?


There's no proof of a "straight gene," either.


BINGO!!! Hence there is no medical proof for people being born gay. It's strictly their environment and are they deviant in their sexual behaviors.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Apologies for the laughing icon, as I wasn't responding to anything said here as I had the window open on another post and mistakenly hit the reply which I realized was open to this thread.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
No- you missed mine completely. There is no specific gay gene. There are MANY genetic factors. Environmental refers, as I clearly stated, to in utero factors. The research, which I quoted, shows that the environmental factors you speak of have NO bearing on whether a person is homosexual.

If you'd at least read what I posted, you would have had the answers to your questions.

What you are spouting is pure nonsense.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, lunatik wrote:
That there's never been proof of a gay gene. If there is such a thing, then one should be able to test their kid to see they're gay or not. Or maybe test their parents to see if a gay gene is present which may increase the risk of having a gay child? Could this open the door to more abortions or people giving up their child for adoption? Are there any proven medical tests available for parents to find out if a gay gene is present?


There's no proof of a "straight gene," either.


BINGO!!! Hence there is no medical proof for people being born gay. It's strictly their environment and are they deviant in their sexual behaviors.


You really have trouble dealing with fact based arguments.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2715 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Truth with morals is never nonsense but only in the eyes of the lost.
At any rate, there is no scientific proof and never will be.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Kids react........... (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL