The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Kids react........... (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
So is every white resident in Hawaii. (To SOME)

But since you don't live there now, you're not currently haole.

No, I'm haole for life.

Some scars don't go away.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I'm saying that an instinct to dislike or fear the unfamiliar, or the "other," is natural. Hate focused on destroying the other is learned.

But, you're right, it doesn't really matter since we both agree that both must be targeted.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
Hate, it could be provoked. Arguing there is no difference is the cause of many of the homosexuals problems it seems to me. Most people couldn't care less if they are gay or not. It is the ridiculous argument, that they start, claiming there is no difference between two men and a man and women which causes some people to hate them. Especially when the argument is aimed a their children.
Also there are millions of victims of homosexual molestation out there who probably hate homosexuals and who could blame them.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

There are millions of victims of heterosexual molestation as well. But pedophilia is entirely different. Pedophiles aren't interested in adults of either sex- it is the children, not their sex, that they are fixated upon.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
There are millions of victims of heterosexual molestation as well.

Jeff already knows this, and it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 27, 2014, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

Of course Jeff knows this. But, then again, I was responding to tommy not Jeff, who stated there were "millions of victims of homosexual molestation" out there.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2014, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

Of course Jeff knows this. But, then again, I was responding to tommy not Jeff, who stated there were "millions of victims of homosexual molestation" out there.

My mistake: I meant tommy, not Jeff.

Nevertheless, that there are millions of victims of heterosexual molestation is still irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

As was tommy's post- I was merely responding to it. But I'll make sure to PM my next post to you before I post it so I can get a ruling on its relevance. Smile
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
There are multiple discussions at hand, IMO.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
As was tommy's post- I was merely responding to it. But I'll make sure to PM my next post to you before I post it so I can get a ruling on its relevance. Smile

If you can pursuade tommy to do the same, it would be a big help.

Thanks.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
There are multiple discussions at hand, IMO.

Don't complify the simplicated side.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2726 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I do agree that we tend to form groups. It's when we use these groups to villify (sp) and attack (sometimes physically) those people who are too far outside our group that I think is wrong.

That's hatred, that's wrong.

Quote:
tommy wrote:

Hate, it could be provoked. Arguing there is no difference is the cause of many of the homosexuals problems it seems to me. Most people couldn't care less if they are gay or not. It is the ridiculous argument, that they start, claiming there is no difference between two men and a man and women which causes some people to hate them. Especially when the argument is aimed a their children.
Also there are millions of victims of homosexual molestation out there who probably hate homosexuals and who could blame them.

Tommy, "homosexual" molesters aren't gay. They are repulsed by the concept of sex with men. They are child molesters and need to be put away for a long time. However, saying it's understandable that a man molested by such a molester should therefore hate gays would then imply that any women who was molested by a man as a chld (and there are more of them) should therefore hate men. I think you would protest that you should not be compared to a child molester, don't you?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
I do agree that we tend to form groups. It's when we use these groups to villify (sp) and attack (sometimes physically) those people who are too far outside our group that I think is wrong.

That was exactly my point. I appreciate that you could say it so much more concisely than I could.

The reason I wanted to make the distinction is that is is not "wrong", per se, to belong to the group who believes that homosexuality is a sin. But acting on that belief to hurt, discriminate against, or deny gay people their civil rights on the basis of that belief is wrong.

Being citizens of a pluralistic democracy is to belong to a group whose interests supercede my smaller group's beliefs.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

I agree completely with that, Jeff.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2726 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, acesover wrote:
Now if only these same people would recognize the 2nd amendment.

Yeah, "well-regulated militias" should be allowed to carry guns openly into restaurants.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Irfaan
View Profile
New user
South Africa
56 Posts

Profile of Irfaan
I didn't read all 8 pages, so I haven't picked a side yet on the debate on pg 2, nor do I know if there's another issue that requires a stance by this point...... - just wanted to say hi
I Believe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Kids react........... (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL