The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ray Nagin gets 10 years (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Unfortunately Harry Anderson was right. I remember reading Harry closed a cool night club and magic shop in New Orleans because Nagin's administration was not doing much to rebuild after Katrina, or even deploying enough police to get the crime under control. And got re-elected. Well now Nagin will get to contemplate his corruption. Too bad Harry got scrod. Smile
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
I hadn't been following the news. Didn't realize he was in court.,,

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/former-new-......mobile=y
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Maybe he can keep Kwame Kilpatrick company.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Dintch'as all know that Katrina was B***'s fault and Nagin was struggling to keep the dragon from doing further damage to his city? If you believe those statements, I have several thousand Svengali decks for sale at cut rate prices. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
While he's not responsible for the hurricane, here's no question that B's response to Katrina did absolutely nothing to help the situation. ("Great job, Brownie!" said to his completely unqualified FEMA appointee.) Nor did Nagin's.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
After having five or six hurricanes down here in Florida the year before ... It's hard to be completely taken in by this .... I felt so sorry for Harry Anderson. I did several gig's at the House of Blues after the disaster and everyone down there was siding with Harry... I hate corruption!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I like to see those in high places getting prosecuted as it gives me some hope that justice is not just us.
I mean, corruption, it isn't so bad as them blatantly getting away with it.

Nicolas Sarkozy, until two years ago the president of France, now faces potential charges which relate to influence peddling, corrupting officials and benefiting from government secrets.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Imagine mandatory sentences of, say, twenty five years for any government official, or board member of a publicly traded company, found guilty of abusing their power or theft.
Not federal "country club" prison but state prison.

I know it's a pipe dream but still.....
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
While he's not responsible for the hurricane, here's no question that B's response to Katrina did absolutely nothing to help the situation. ("Great job, Brownie!" said to his completely unqualified FEMA appointee.) Nor did Nagin's.

Agreed, he responded a few days late, but at least he responded. That's more than we can say about the border situation. Nagin was a complete nincompoop and his going to jail speaks well to that.

Let's face it Bob, you don't like B as much as I don't like O. Maybe something can be learned by both of us by putting those two letters together. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Florida sent dozens if not hundreds of Air boats over to help evacuate the survivors .... The government prevented them from helping and sent them back. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Florida sent dozens if not hundreds of Air boats over to help evacuate the survivors .... The government prevented them from helping and sent them back. Smile

Was that part of the "Great job, Brownie!" that Bush was referring to?
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
509 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Film director Spike Lee produced the definitive documentary for HBO on Hurricane Katrina titled,” When The Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Parts.” This series is must viewing to understand Hurricane Katrina. You'll see film footage not shown on the American mainstream media.

When The levees broke part 1 (2006) New Orleans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjFCv6JvZnU

When The Levees Broke Part 2 (2006) New Orleans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59WXFka7eEU

Spike Lees When The Levees Broke A Requiem in Four Parts Parts III and IV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vuQKo_uuKE
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Even before this happened I was told the area was unsafe due to governmental corruption.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ray Nagin gets 10 years (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL