The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Teenager's Point of View Reviews (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2014, brad12d3 wrote:
I'll send you a copy of Intuition ACAAN when it's ready. I would love a good, honest, thought out review. Should be ready in a few weeks.


Looking forward to it Smile
James
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2014, ClungeMagnet wrote:
I'd recommend moving away from weebly and to use wordpress. But, I love your reviews. Keep rocking the honesty!


Glad you love the reviews. As for changing website designer, I will eventually get a professionally designed website but for now Weebly is working fine. I will take a look at Wordpress but I have reached a huge number of page views that I don't want to suddenly change URLs.
All the best,
James
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1375 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
You can redirect your website to another easily

Let me know if you need help
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Ceierry wrote:
You can redirect your website to another easily

Let me know if you need help


Will do Smile stay in touch
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
ClungeMagnet
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of ClungeMagnet
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, James Conti wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2014, ClungeMagnet wrote:
I'd recommend moving away from weebly and to use wordpress. But, I love your reviews. Keep rocking the honesty!


Glad you love the reviews. As for changing website designer, I will eventually get a professionally designed website but for now Weebly is working fine. I will take a look at Wordpress but I have reached a huge number of page views that I don't want to suddenly change URLs.
All the best,
James


You don't need to lose anything. You just redirect the pages to the new site using a thing called a 301 redirect. It is dead easy and I'd be more than happy to do it for you.
Weebly is not good for search engines, and, of course, you are reliant on them staying in business. If they close shop, you lose everything. Instantly.

A domain name is really cheap, hosting on something like bluehost or hostgator is really cheap. There are millions of free themes and plug ins for WP and thousands of forums where people will help you for free to do what you want.

I know you're just starting this, but, honestly, it will be better to build your house on rocks, as the wise man did!

I bet if you are getting good traffic you could contact a magic dealer and say you will run ads for him in exchange for him covering the $5 a month hosting. Anyone would be mad not to take you up on the deal!

If you need any help, feel free to send me a PM.

Anyway, keep on rocking, you write really well.

CM
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
More importantly, this thread itself only has a little over 1000 views. That doesn't exactly translate into "huge numbers" of hits.
ClungeMagnet
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of ClungeMagnet
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
More importantly, this thread itself only has a little over 1000 views. That doesn't exactly translate into "huge numbers" of hits.


Why the animosity Mr Roberts?

1000 views is pretty good if you ask me.

If you don't like the kid's reviews and think his project is a bad idea, keep your opinion to yourself. This place is about magicians helping other magicians, not pi**ing on a kid's hopes and dreams.

Shame on you, Sir.

But do post your own Google Stats to show us how many your (no doubt AMAZING) website gets!
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
One very interesting thing is to study the list of products that James is reviewing. It's easy, for me at least, to lose sight of how magic is viewed by different generations. They aren't mostly tricks that would appeal to me, so I'm all the more interested in a teenager's take on them. Keep it up.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, ClungeMagnet wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
More importantly, this thread itself only has a little over 1000 views. That doesn't exactly translate into "huge numbers" of hits.


Why the animosity Mr Roberts?

1000 views is pretty good if you ask me.

If you don't like the kid's reviews and think his project is a bad idea, keep your opinion to yourself. This place is about magicians helping other magicians, not pi**ing on a kid's hopes and dreams.

Shame on you, Sir.

But do post your own Google Stats to show us how many your (no doubt AMAZING) website gets!


Animosity?

Shame on me?

Hey screwball, where on earth did I say I "don't like the kid's reviews and think his project is a bad idea"? You pulled that right out of your a**. We're talking about the feasibility of transferring to a different web hosting service in order to help his site. My point is only that he doesn't have enough hits to warrant worrying about losing readership or potential ad revenue or whatever his concern might be. Even if all the people who viewed this thread were unique visitors (they're not) and even if they all visited his site daily (they haven't) that's still not enough to warrant not moving to something that might be better for him.

If you want my google stats, the last site I worked on gets over a million unique visitors every month and won Best In Class at the Interactive Media Awards.

"Magician's Helping Magicians" doesn't mean treating an intelligent teenager like he's a baby running a lemonade stand.

Go lecture someone else.
ClungeMagnet
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of ClungeMagnet
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
Hey screwball, where on earth did I say I "don't like the kid's reviews and think his project is a bad idea"?


Where did I say you did say that? Shall I draw a picture of a straw man for you?

You are saying 1000 views of a thread is bad and won't translate to traffic for his site. Which is nonsense.

Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
We're talking about the feasibility of transferring to a different web hosting service in order to help his site.


There is no feasibility discussion needed. It is easy. 301 redirects.

Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
My point is only that he doesn't have enough hits to warrant worrying about losing readership or potential ad revenue or whatever his concern might be.


My point is you have no idea how many "hits" (bless you for using that 1990 word) he gets. No one mentioned readership or ad revenue either. You pulled that out of your bottom.

Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
Even if all the people who viewed this thread were unique visitors (they're not) and even if they all visited his site daily (they haven't) that's still not enough to warrant not moving to something that might be better for him.


Even if three people visit his site, it is unarguably better to host it yourself rather than rely on free hosting. It is unarguably better to use WP than weebly. For the reasons I stated.

Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
If you want my google stats, the last site I worked on gets over a million unique visitors every month and won Best In Class at the Interactive Media Awards.


Really! Mine gets 10 million "hits" and won the "I know wordpress and hosting a site yourself is better than using weebly" and "Quashing obnoxious gits" awards from 2014.

Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
"Magician's Helping Magicians" doesn't mean treating an intelligent teenager like he's a baby running a lemonade stand.


No, it means explaining why using Weebly is bad and showing him alternatives and offering to help him move the site.

You just seem like someone peed on your cornflakes this morning.

Take a deep breath, go for a walk and try and be NICE to someone today. It will make you feel better about yourself.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, ClungeMagnet wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
Hey screwball, where on earth did I say I "don't like the kid's reviews and think his project is a bad idea"?


Where did I say you did say that? Shall I draw a picture of a straw man for you?

You are saying 1000 views of a thread is bad and won't translate to traffic for his site. Which is nonsense.



What do you mean "where did I say you did say that?" It was a direct quote from you. If directly quoting you is a straw man argument, you only have yourself to blame.

And I didn't "pull anything out of my bottom," I assumed when he said he didn't want to change web hosting he had a rationale, did you think he didn't? The ONE thing you chose not to address with him was his one concern, the "huge number" of page views he had generated. Not the huge number of "pages" (which is what a 301 redirect would address) but the huge number of "page views."

I never once said 1000 views was bad or wouldn't translate to traffic for his site. I didn't say a single negative thing about it. All I said was it wasn't big enough numbers to worry about at this point. You were the one who turned it into a negative statement. The only thing I've said anything negative to is you. Because you came here with your dumb "Shame on you" bullsh--.

I'm not sure why you're so intent on white-knighting a teenage boy. But please, don't let me get in the way of it.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Easy, Joe...

;-)
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, tomsk192 wrote:
Easy, Joe...

;-)


Oh, I'm barely trying. I'm still half asleep.

I just get punchy when Don Dasher is back on the Café.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Smile
ClungeMagnet
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of ClungeMagnet
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
What do you mean "where did I say you did say that?"


I meant, where did I say you said that. Sorry you are finding this so hard.

Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
It was a direct quote from you.


No it wasn't. I said, and I quote "If you don't like the kid's reviews and think his project is a bad idea, keep your opinion to yourself."

Do you see the difference? I didn't say you said that at all. There. Progress.

Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
If directly quoting you is a straw man argument, you only have yourself to blame.


You didn't directly quote me. Next time, use the QUOTE button and you won't get into such a pickle.

Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
And I didn't "pull anything out of my bottom,


You did, Sir. You said, and I quote

"My point is only that he doesn't have enough hits "

and you have no idea how many unique visitors (that's what we call it nowadays) he has.

And you don't. That is what you pulled out of your bottom.

Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
I assumed


That's you're problem right there.

Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
I never once said 1000 views was bad or wouldn't translate to traffic for his site.


You said, and once again, I quote:

"More importantly, this thread itself only has a little over 1000 views. That doesn't exactly translate into "huge numbers" of hits."

I think you're just trolling me now.

Could you stop derailing the kid's thread?

If you want to make stuff up and argue pointlessly, start a new thread called "I will make stuff up, misquote, lie about what I said and be a general wizard's sleeve for the sake of it". That way people interested in that could go there, rather than you cluttering up and spoiling this thread. Cheers.
ClungeMagnet
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of ClungeMagnet
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, tomsk192 wrote:
Easy, Joe...

;-)


Oh, I'm barely trying.


Evidently.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, ClungeMagnet wrote:


No it wasn't. I said, and I quote "If you don't like the kid's reviews and think his project is a bad idea, keep your opinion to yourself."


Yes, and I quoted the exact same thing. I put quotes around your exact words (that's called quoting directly). Are you saying you weren't insinuating that's what I said? It was just a complete non sequitur? Oh... okay. Sorry, this is getting too complicated.

And you might need to go back to your Internet for Dummies book. While, yes there's technically a difference between hits and "page views" (which is the term James used), they're used interchangeably amongst lay people. Now, the fact that YOU think page views is equivalent to "unique visitors" is straight-up adorable.

And to be clear, because you seem to struggle with English tenses. My point was just that 1000 views to this thread does not translate to a number of page views that should prevent one from switching hosting at this point in time. It may translate eventually to a very successful website and I hope for James' sake it does, but I think we both agree at this point he won't lose anything by changing.

Okay, I'll give you the last word so you can fumble your way through a point.

In the meantime, feel free to PM me or contact me at the site below for all your digital needs.

http://www.hugeinc.com/
ClungeMagnet
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of ClungeMagnet
I'm just going to stop feeding the troll and hopefully this thread can return back to its original purpose. It's pointless even trying to get anywhere when someone just continues making up things you didn't say and arguing against them.

OP, keep going, your site is great, and I love reading your reviews.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, ClungeMagnet wrote:
I'm just going to stop feeding the troll and hopefully this thread can return back to its original purpose. It's pointless even trying to get anywhere when someone just continues making up things you didn't say and arguing against them.

OP, keep going, your site is great, and I love reading your reviews.

I have reported your name. Bye bye muppet. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Hey guys,
Interesting debate. As I am in Australia, I didn't get a chance to chime in as all café stuff goes on at night here. Firstly glad you all like my site. I work very hard on it and it is great that people appreciate that.
1. In 3 weeks of the site being published I have hit 3.7K page views
Muphys have been advertising me on theier site as well.
2. As for site designer, I think this should be laid to rest. I am getting my personal website professionally done (definatly no Weebly) and might get the reviews done
Lets just lay this to rest and focus on the good stuff!!!!
James
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Teenager's Point of View Reviews (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL