The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A little help, please! (On the border) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2014, Salguod Nairb wrote:
So your saying... It's not unusual?

And it happens everyday?

I don't mind the ocassional Star Trek parody but that........that was just wrong.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2014, MobilityBundle wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2014, balducci wrote:
Seriously? You had time to hang out at The Cantina and Mercury Lounge and NEVER even dipped a toe in the ocean? Where were your priorities? How about that Rudin, though, eh?

You spake the magic word! Maybe you can identify (commiserate? sympathise?) with my mathematical obsession. In fact, one book or another of the Rudin trilogy accompanied me a lot of the time I spent at either the Cantina or Mercury. I used to LOVE studying at Mercury.

I believe I only ever studied from his Principles of Mathematical Analysis text.

A photo for you:

Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
Ha! Awesome! Doesn't look like it changed in the last 15 years. Warms my heart. Smile

As for Rudin, he wrote three popular books: Principles of Mathematical Analysis, Real and Complex Analysis, and Functional Analysis. The first two are often referred to as "blue Rudin" and "green Rudin." For some reason, nobody ever refers to the functional analysis book!

Thanks for the picture. It sure takes me back...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16042 Posts

Profile of tommy
Global Warming is behind it. If the USA met its obligations and gave the Mexicans $100 Billion a year, to fight the effects climate change, then this sort of thing would not be on the increase.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Finally, some sane border enforcement:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017......how.html

:)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Good for Canada!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A little help, please! (On the border) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL