The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A good, foolin'em experience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
So there I am, outside the classroom after an accounting quiz [college]. We had to leave the room after we took the quiz so no one would disturb the people not finished, but we were continuing class afterwards so had to stick around. I had a deck of cards on me (of course!) and started doing some Sybil cuts while idling.

Intrigued, my classmates & friends asked me to do a trick, so I did. The trick [whose name & author I know not, please lemme know if you do] has a card selected & signed, then put in the middle of the deck outjogged. They went crazy seeing the card at my lips, which called the attention of more classmates. And some were telling the others what happened, I was bombarded by requests to "do it again!"

How can you redo a trick that works completely on ignorance of the method?

Ignoring Magician Rule #2, I repeated the trick... kind of. When the time came to have the card pushed into the fan, some eyes were on my fan hand, some eyes were on my mouth, some eyes were on my deck hand. I did no secret moves. I had the fan replaced into the deck and nothing. All eyes jumped up to my lips expecting the card to be hanging there. Nothing. They said "It didn't happen!" So I said -- very nonchalantly, "Of course not, how could it? The card was in my pocket." And I pulled the card out of my pocket slowly. Everyone hit the ceiling! They kept saying how they were looking at my hands the whole time and never saw me put the card in my pocket... heh heh.

Just something I wanted to share,
--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think they call this bait and switch! LOL!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
Good job, man. I'm sitting here wondering how you could've gotten the card to either place . ..
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
One word... palm. Am I right? Am I right?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A good, foolin'em experience (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL