The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Carolina Close-up Convention 2014 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scottroms
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Scottroms
Carolina Close-up Convention 2014
(The East Coast Super Session)

I’m pleased to announce “Carolina Close-up Convention 2014”.

The convention has been in existence for the past 9 years (under a couple of different names) and has always been host to some great talent such as Fisher, Asher, Wagner, Gallo, Kosby, Skutt, England, Beam, DeCamps, Tyler Wilson, Geoff Williams, Nate Kranzo, Jon Armstrong, John Guastaferro, Garrett Thomas, Bill Abbott and many others.

All of the talent is ! We will continue having the special events that everyone has come to expect!

As always we are starting on Thursday Night (9:00 pm) with a special “Kick-Off” lecture!

Here are the details . . .

Date/Location

October 2nd – 4h 2014 - (The first event starts at 9:00 pm on Thursday.)
Note: the ad in the August Issue of Genii has the date off by a day due to my weak proof reading skills)

Charlotte University Holiday Inn
8520 University Exec Park Dr
Charlotte, NC 28262
704) 547-0999

Talent

I’m very excited about the line-up. I believe we have hit a great balance between established names and new “Up and Comers”. I hope you agree . . .
• Shawn Farquha
• Kostya Kimat
• Kainoa Harbottle
• Francis Menotti
• Vincent Hedan
• Kozmo
• Mark Zacharia

Special Events

Newcomer Lecture –After the success of Aaron DeLong’s debut, Rich Aviles excellent lecture , Eric Richardson awesome outing, Terry Hedges great lecture and Ryan Schlutz excellent lecture last year- we will continue with the concept again this year with another “mystery” lecturer.

Like the past years, the “Newcomer Lecture” will feature someone who is unknown to the masses but will be a familiar name to those “in the know”. The goal here is to give someone a chance to get some of the recognition they deserve as an innovator/creator of magic. The identity of the lecturer will remain a mystery up until the time they are introduced. This year’s newcomer will not disappoint!

Social Jam Hour – A few years ago I lectured at “The Second Deal” convention in Atlanta. One of the highlights was a session hosted by Paul Cummins that allowed everyone to share a move, trick or idea they had created or discovered with the group in a “formal” manner. With permission from Jason Alford we have taken the same concept and expanding it to encompass all of facets of close-up magic. It is always a great time!

Sleight Club Sponsored Pizza Party – Like every year – the Friday night session will be kicked off by a pizza party sponsored by “The Sleight Club”. Late Night session and mediocre pizza – what could be better!

The Show – A formal close-up show featuring some of the top close-up workers around. Staged like a real show. After attending - Eric Decamps said “All conventions should do their close-up show like that one”.

To see what Ray Kosby, Eric Jones and Aaron Delong have to say about the “The Sleight Club” take a look at the following post

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=31

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5225705

As you can see we have a great line-up and some cool events. I hope you will make it!

For more details and registration information please visit - Http://tricsconvention.com.

Scott Robinson
scottroms@hotmail.com
704 564-5524
http://robinsonmagic.com/
http://tricsconvention.com/
Mark Zacharia
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mark Zacharia
Thank you, Scott Robinson, for asking me to lecture and perform at the 2014 TRICS convention. It is an honor to have won "Beam's Baton" for Best Effect presented at the convention with my 5-Card Monte (ungaffed Wild Card effect). Further, after having purchased my notes for resale, H&R Magic Books has named my "Mark My Words/793.8/Markipedia" lecture note compilation among its "Top 10 books" of 2014. High praise, indeed.
Mark Zacharia
tommyellison
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of tommyellison
Any word on the 2015 convention?
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
It's happening. Www.tricsconvention.com

Great lineup so far.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Carolina Close-up Convention 2014 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL