The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Review Request: Nail Writer Anthology by Thomas Baxter (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
emptysafe
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of emptysafe
How is this book? What's the best effect there or your favorite?
I've seen its vote(http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=316524&forum=15), but feel like the number of voters is quite small.
If you don't want to miss out what's happening on cafe & magic videos...check this:
http://magicdigest.herokuapp.com/
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
It's wonderful. Lots of reviews are around here in the past too. You'll love it.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
I would like to echo VIEW's sentiments. It is a wonderful book, with some very interesting information on the 'history of' .... as well as some superb routines provided by some of mentalisms greatest thinkers. Highly recommended.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Buy it before you can't.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
I have not been able to open this PDF for years. I forgot my password.

Thomas, Thomas, Thomas

Will he appear?
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Tom, sadly, seems to have vanished. Hasn't answered an email in maybe 18 months.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18200 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think maybe I need to re-read it, I remember being a little underwhelmed by it...*ducks*
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2014, IAIN wrote:
I think maybe I need to re-read it, I remember being a little underwhelmed by it...*ducks*

I'm in agreement here. In fact I have to be honest and say I haven't really dug into it. I paged through it but wasn't compelled to set aside time to dig deeper, not just yet anyway.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Thanks to the help of a couple kind souls, I can now read my ebook.

Much appreciated!

Sean
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Perhaps I'm biased to be fair. I love his academic writing style.
rickreation
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of rickreation
It's just WONDERFUL! Can't recommend highly enough. The information on making your own is worth the price of admission.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3319 Posts

Profile of Looch
IMO its the only book you will need on the subject.
Marmen
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Marmen
I think Thomas Baxter, the author has moved from one end of Canada to another. Or so I hear anyway. He is out West somewhere by all accounts. Probably British Columbia. I also get a feeling, although I may well be wrong, that he is fed up dealing with magicians for the moment and I can well understand why.

As for the book I do own it. I consider it worthwhile. My favourite part of the book is all the historical information compiled by Tom Ransom.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
The Café wasn't really worthy of Tom, and it isn't worthy of lots of names who have chosen to stick around. When you've performed as long as he has, I imagine you'll want to spend time pursuing other interests. Glad he gave us the NW Anthology, the OP Project, and Any Card Thought Of.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
He also gave us RPS Entity which is what inspired "all the recent work" on Rock Paper Scissors.

Tony
Richtofen
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Richtofen
My best effect is one using a NW
rockmartian
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of rockmartian
I highly recommend this book. I personally love knowing the history of things we as performers take for granted. This book really goes places most compilation books wouldn't go. You really don't need any other writings outside of this in my opinion. In my opinion every mentalist should have this book.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
I'm new to NW (not the mechanics but implementing it into my act). Please can you advise where I can purchase this?
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1261 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Cheers Tim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Review Request: Nail Writer Anthology by Thomas Baxter (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL