The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bending a Table Leg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
I've read on another forum that Mr Brown booklet 'I Control you All' never existed.
Is it true?
Did any one here ever saw Mr Brown bending a table leg?

Yaniv Deautsch
blurr
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of blurr
Unfortunately, as far as I know, Darren Brown has never been seen on American TV or radio. Does anyone know if this will happen?

Blurr
"Someday men will look back and say I was the start of the 20th century."
---Jack the Ripper
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
On the Kevin James board, Craig Browning said that this manuscript is a hoax. Smile
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
The manuscript was not a hoax and a few years ago one went on e-bay for a high price.
Derren's team have been in negotiation with Fox TV about a U.S. special.

Paul.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Hi Paul,
Do you have one of those manuscripts?
Just curious,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Ahh... according to various sources DB kindof even admitted to the fact that the mspt was pure BS (including the Ebay auction in which David Blaine supposedly bought the rights, etc.) I've heard this from several individuals in the UK as well as the US...

Personally, if the text really exists I think DB needs to get it into wider circulation to prove otherwise... then again, I've told him that in public forums and even before the aforementioned rumor got out, clocked him on the fact that it all seemed a hoax from the get go.

If DB can do the table leg thing he needs to get hold of FOX TV and do an American Special or get the BBC to broadcast his show here in the states on a regular basis so we can see it done (without "Creative Editing" techniques such as certian American performers believe is justified...)

My position on this is strictly based on comments made to me form reliable (as in, they know Derren) sources (who will not be disclosed!)
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
BENDING A TABLE LEG:
BY E-Leoni.

The one leg is already bend.
The leg is circular in shape, so you can not tell that it is bent when the bend is facing you.
The leg rotates on the Y axis and there by exposing the bend.
The table tilts because of the circular slanted disk that is retrofitted on the top part of the leg, underneath the table and on top of the leg disk exist another circular slanted/disk wedge. When the motorized leg turns it also dips.

____
| /
|A/
|/
|
|B
|__

When (B) disk rotates it looks like this.

____
| /|
|A/ |
|/ B|
|---|

Causing the table to till while exposing the bent leg.

I'm selling an illusion next week.
How to bend the Eiffel Tower.
Only $650. Plans only.

E-Leoni.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4368 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On 2002-06-14 13:26, E-Leoni wrote:
I'm selling an illusion next week.
How to bend the Eiffel Tower.
Only $650. Plans only.

Child's play.

I'm currently auctioning a monograph on Ebay showing how one can transform the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa into the world's largest Telekinetic Timber.

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Andrewdavidson12
View Profile
Loyal user
England
231 Posts

Profile of Andrewdavidson12
Unfortunately for all of us the DB bending a table leg effect and the manuscript supposedly containing it are both hoaxes. The booklet was meant to be called "I control you all". The original reference to the booklet and the effect came from a message board some time ago. One can only assume that the original poster was a friend of DB keen to talk up his abilities...

Would be a delightful little thing though wouldn't it just?

Marvelous

A
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
re;
Would be a delightful little thing though wouldn't it just?

Not really, the average performer would promptly get a bill for a new table! lol.

I didn't hear Blaine had bought the rights, my memory recalls someone buying it, then putting it up for sale again within a few weeks,but it wasn't Blaine.

re;
Personally, if the text really exists I think DB needs to get it into wider circulation to prove otherwise...

Why? Maybe he decided he didn't want it widely circulating, like a couple of the items he removed from the hardcover edition of Pure Effect.

There are such things as limited editions you know Smile Not everyone is motivated by the mighty dollar.

From the comments I've seen here, maybe it was a hoax,because the more I think about it,by now there would probably have been a load of pirate copies flying around!

Paul(probably hoaxed)Hallas.Smile
Cornelius
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Cornelius
I hear that Mr. Brown is planning to take on America soon.

From,
Cornelius. Smile
A l a i n B e ll o n
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of A l a i n B e ll o n
I was under the impression that the manuscript was a hoax. If you track down the whole sequence of events on how the manuscript was mentioned, how it appeared at ebay with a minimum bid of several thousand dollars, the comments Derren made in the forum, what he asked people to do in order to get the manuscript (he asked them to write some poetry that he would judge), etc. you would really think of it as being hightly suspicious. Add the name of the manuscript "I control you all", along with Derren's personality and you really have a case without needing a confession.

But... nothing is certain Smile

Fortunately, Sam Haine (he is on this forum) can do the table leg bend for real. He may or may not tell you more details about it. But you can ask.

-Alain Bellon
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Smile Yep~! He certainly did control a lot of magicians for about six weeks... especially the whole writing essay thing...

Shortly after that the Telepathy Challenge deal went up on Ebay and sold for thousands... yet, you can pick up the exact system through Magus Magic for about $25.00... so much for an "exclusive" on a reasonable PR gag that worked 30 some odd years ago...

You're sending chills down my spine Alain, bringing up that bi-gone era of hustling we saw back then... Smile
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Greetings,

Yes, the table leg bend can be done. I created one method and another friend has been pursuing a separate and different method. These were based on Derren's excellent idea.

I performed this routine about half a dozen times. The last two times, it created such a stir that the management of the establishments freaked and demanded I restore the table to its original orthogonality. I had to return to the restaurant later that evening and "repair" the warped furniture. So, until I get a better method for straightening the leg, I have dropped it from my rep.

Sam Haine

p.s. Derren also claimed that he had a levitating plate effect in "I Control You All". Anyone up to the challenge?
Magical entertainment for charities www.sam-haine.com
Ray Haddad
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
151 Posts

Profile of Ray Haddad
Quote:
Child's play.

I'm currently auctioning a monograph on Ebay showing how one can transform the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa into the world's largest Telekinetic Timber.

Ouch! That would HAVE to hurt!

Best,
Ray
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
The irony is, DB planted a seed of thought into the resourceful and twisted minds of dangerous people like us... Smile

Even the above idea is workable if you control the audience pov.(table leg bend explanation)

Very interesting... I've heard theories but I've yet to see anyone pull it off. Maybe @ ICBM this fall?
mclare
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of mclare
Hi - I'm new here, but this thread caught my eye. I emailed DB a while ago about the booklet and he told me that it was not supposed to get out as it was a private, very limited edition and he owed it to those that bought it to keep the requests for copies down. And, most interestingly, that 'I might want to get the idea around that it never existed' to help achieve that aim.
I have no idea if I'm being duped or not. I can't see what he would get out of it.

Thanks,
Mark
saglaser
View Profile
Loyal user
Champaign, IL
248 Posts

Profile of saglaser
Well, he could be getting a giggle out of it if the rumors are true. Sometimes a laugh is worth more than extra cash Smile
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Keep in mind what I said previously and the title of the booklet... "I Control You All"... in setting the rumor into play DB is able to create a stir within the magic community and thus, we've given him the power to "control us all" via the praverbial carrot and string that leads us down a path of suspicion, cohesion, and creative debate.

As I said before, DB has brought about some great inspiration and may, if the booklet exists, end up loosing out on certain commercial advantages, not to mention costing his "friends" who supposedly have copies of the mythical tome, their exclusivity.

Sooner or later a "Real" method will be marketed that is as clean and practical as he claimed his routine was... whoever puts that info out first is going to make some serious cash.
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
How to bend a table leg.
Version #2.

I didn't want to share this, but I thought ,..What the heck. THats whys we're all here isn't it...to share. So with out further ado,..Here is my second method on how to bend a Coffe table leg, or a dinner table leg.
For some reason though this effect does not work on dinner tables.

Here it is.

This works best with one or two people, at the most.

1st.
hypnotize your subjects.
(Using your favorite method)

2nd.
Find a table.

3rd.
Ask them to look at one of the legs.

4th.
Beging by suggestion the bend in the table leg. (Act excited) "Look, look, look, its bending !

5th.
After they see it. Begin to suggest it straightening it out.

6th.
Take your well deserved bow,..Oh and remove them from the hypnotic state. (optional)

With these 6 simple steps you can make a reputation out of this simple effect. The word of mouth alone is all you need after this.

I'm a giver.

E-Leoni.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bending a Table Leg (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL