The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bending a Table Leg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
Well, I generally like to find the table before hypnotizing the subjects. Smile
UJ
View Profile
New user
Finland
71 Posts

Profile of UJ
Secret manuscripts, huh?

Sounds like Derren DOES control us all, except for the few who take his advice or just know better, and pursue original effects and methods instead of trying to learn everything that Derren does. It's embarrassing how I've found myself so obsessed with new and hard to find material, when my bookshelves are full of gems that are just collecting dust...

UJ *slaps himself on the face*
Lee Davies
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
136 Posts

Profile of Lee Davies
Table leg bend? - easy - it's only misdirection and a simple switch! Mind you you need a very big coat to hide the fake table Smile
I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand...
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
It's not the leg that bends...
Smile
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1236 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Just to throw a spanner in the works... The DB table leg bend only works on a WOODEN (not stone) floor. Over to you guys...
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
Actually, I find in the "I control You"- manuscript the levitating dinner plate more interesting than the table leg bend. But you never hear anything about that.
Andrewdavidson12
View Profile
Loyal user
England
231 Posts

Profile of Andrewdavidson12
Sokarnl

Perhaps, as you have the booklet, you could let us all know exactly what effects are contained within it? Nothing on methodology of course, just the effects covered.

Andrew
Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
Yes,it was a hoax but still,rereading his posts in the EYE under verious names is quite funny.
In fact,at least one 'fake' post by him made me come up with a great, if i may say so,
phone effect.
I wish he would came up with more imaginery effects.

Yaniv Deautsch
Andrewdavidson12
View Profile
Loyal user
England
231 Posts

Ken

I happen to agree with you about "I control you all" being a hoax, and that's why I was curious to hear from someone who might know its contents.

I'm not sure though that it's a good idea to "out" people in the way you have in your post. I have no idea if you are correct about DB's identities, you may well be. If you are correct I would hope that your post will not stop Derren (or anyone else for that matter) from posting interesting and challenging posts without wishing to reveal their identity.

Derren used to post on the "EYE", a Yahoo Group, and I found his posts very interesting indeed and they made me think about my performance and challenged my way of thinking about our art. It was the posts and thoughts that were important and not the fact that the they were from the mind of DB.

Can I ask that we all think twice before "exposing" the people behind their IDs because I think it could lead to this forum becoming a less interesting place to be?

Thanks

Andrew
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
I have the same feeling about certains post, i thinks who wrote don't change the way i read..but , i know some will have not the same opinion...

If it's thru that some of the best mind are around ( and i know that for a fact )don't do things to lost this unique chance..because, it's a real chance...

humbly

Kuffs
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1737 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
"There is no leg"
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
I have developed a fool proof method for doing the bending table leg on any kind of a floor, surrounded, in full light. At least I think that I have. I can't actually check out my method until I gain possession of the necessary parts of Van Kempelen's chess playing automaton. If and when they appear on Ebay at a reasonable price, I shall be making history. Until then, I'm working on a hydraulic method for taking the bend out of a garden hose.

But seriously folks...

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Tomp
View Profile
New user
London
13 Posts

Profile of Tomp
Is Derren Brown a member of the Café???
Neal Roter
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Neal Roter
I can't believe that the Magic Café owners
let mr Brown post under a fake name here.
Saying what a great preformer he is and how great is products.
What a shame!!!
Andrewdavidson12
View Profile
Loyal user
England
231 Posts

This is quite precisely the kind of nonsense I hoped we might be able to avoid. If DB has been a member of the Magic Café under a different name I suspect that he will now no longer post - and that is a great loss to us all. That is the real shame and not the fact that he might, allegedly, post some slightly tongue in cheek comments about his work.

Please can we all just think a little more before we post?

A
PK
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of PK
I've actually seen the booklet...

It does exist - but is not what you think either.

Kevin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bending a Table Leg (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL