The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » What Supernatural films or any film fill you with emotion? (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
The Loverly Bones.
The Sixth Sense.
AI (si fi).

These films have had me in tears of saddness and still do when I watch them especialy AI and I do get very emotional with love story films if ther is a happy ending I cry with joy,yes I am a real cry baby and proud to be in touch with my emotion's.I write this thread because of something I have just read on L/G thread about bringing out peoples emotion's in certain mentalism routines,do they cry when they see your show ,should they?, reference (Counterpoint - Aaron Alexander and Jerome Finley).
Anyway not to detract,what is your list of films or even what type bring out your tears of happiness or saddness?.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Anything where the protagonist succeeds in spite of extreme hardship. Also tales of self sacrifice for the greater good. Not any supernatural films that I can think of. Usually dramas to it for me.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
872 Posts

Profile of Marqus
E.T.
Rocky
What Dreams May Come
Big Fish
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5209 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm a big crybaby, so my list would be too long.

One film I can watch again and again though, is Field of Dreams...Americana, baseball, family, time travel, playing catch with your ghost dad...what's not to love? Has me draining my peepers every time.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
850 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Could be a loooong list,....but for all time I have to include just about ANY Ingmar Bergman film,....and especially relevant to all in this brethran, "The Magician". I actually have a VHS of the latter from decades ago and I am just now realizing how long it has been since I have watched it and that I should seek to have it transferred to a dvd for posterity asap!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
388 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Monsters Inc.
The last 5 minutes just push all the right buttons! Smile
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
850 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2014, DocBenWiz wrote:
Could be a loooong list,....but for all time I have to include just about ANY Ingmar Bergman film,....and especially relevant to all in this brethran, "The Magician". I actually have a VHS of the latter from decades ago and I am just now realizing how long it has been since I have watched it and that I should seek to have it transferred to a dvd for posterity asap!

I just found and ordered "The Magician" by Ingmar Bergman, dvd, on Amazon...great flic for any bizarrits or magicians!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2014, morgaine_le_fey wrote:
Monsters Inc.

As do most Pixar. Toy Story 3 milked a lot of tears. More recently I was surprised how much I enjoyed Wreck-It-Ralph, wasn't expecting much from it.

The history boys always gets me at the end and I have a soft spot for meet Joe Black.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Just thought of another one Speilbergs BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED,me and the Mrs were in flood's of tears when the boxer fixed the baby one,lol.Keep them coming folk's, and it is nice if this thread can jolt us to rewatch some of our favorite films,all the best.
Shane
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5209 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2014, morgaine_le_fey wrote:
Monsters Inc.

True.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Not Supernatural, but a film that really tugged at my emotions is 'Uncommon Valor'.(1983)
War/Rescue flick !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Local Hero...makes me crazy homesick.

Here is the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4WQZbGMrl4

Here is the entire film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh0ja-BTpbk

Yes it is supernatural...it has a real Mermaid...and Peter Capaldi the new Doctor Who.

"Keep watching the sky, MacIntyre."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Non-fiction (sort of): 'The Right Stuff'

Fiction: 'The Sandlot'; runner up 'Castaway' (the death of Wilson)

Science Fiction: 'Contact'

Supernatural: 'The Exorcist' (for fear); 'Ghost' (for tear-jerking)
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Seance on a Wet Afternoon...
[/quote]

Much later became an Opera that illusioneer and I actually attended.
It was creepy.
Daisydog
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
I love the old Hopkins film- Magic. I've watched it about 5 times. It gives me the creeps, in a good way...
innermind
View Profile
Regular user
suburban Detroit
154 Posts

Profile of innermind
Not supernatural, but a few films which stir my emotions and make me teary eyed at the endings are:

Rudy
Shane
Dances With Wolves
A Perfect World

A film so creepy that it kept me from sleeping:

Paranormal Activity

David
"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else." -Will Rogers
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2655 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2014, Eddie Garland wrote:
Local Hero...makes me crazy homesick.

...Yes it is supernatural...it has a real Mermaid...and Peter Capaldi the new Doctor Who.

And a great soundtrack by Mark Knopfler. Smile

My choice: "Jacob's Ladder"
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5209 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
"Jacob's Ladder" is a standout without a doubt Mind Guerrilla. Quite emotional and visually arresting, and the ending is killer.

Looking back on it now, I remember how cutting-edge and disturbing the effects were at the time. They were all done in camera...no CG. The director, Adrian Lyne, was inspired by painter Francis Bacon and it shows. The imagery is off-putting and disturbing. Since then, most if not all of the trickery has been copied by dozens of films to the point that the techniques are now sadly, cliche.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I completely forgot about "Jacob's Ladder"! Excellent film!

Another: "Angel Heart"
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Frequency.
Second-chance themes get to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » What Supernatural films or any film fill you with emotion? (20 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL