The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Passing of a great collector -- Francis Ng (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I got a message from Jeremy Tan a few hours ago that Francis Ng, who used to post here has passed away.

Francis was a major collector of cups and balls and a very generous contributor to the Cups and Balls Museum.

May he rest in peace.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
So sad to hear this. He was a great collector. Do you know cause, and his age?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5281 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Sad news indeed. Rest in Peace
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Mike McErlain
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto & Green Cove Springs, FL
130 Posts

Profile of Mike McErlain
Very sad news. I had sold a few sets of cups to him over the years.
His contribution to collecting was remarkable and he will be missed.
Rest in peace, Francis.
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1093 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
He was a very nice and generous man. Always welcomed anyone to his house to view his collection. I had the chance to meet up with him on several occasion and I learnt do much from him.

Despite his illness, he was always cheerful. May he rest in peace.
Bernard Sim
wandmgc8
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
140 Posts

Profile of wandmgc8
This is indeed sad news to hear. Francis was continually adding our wands and coin boxes to his collection. I remember he came along at such an opportune time with his first large order when we were struggling here, even more than we are now. A true gentleman, I will miss corresponding with him, and, considered him a good friend.

We were just recently putting together a few more wands of his choosing. In his last e-mail to me, he said that he had gone through a, "not so successful liver transplant", and was still trying to recover. I can only assume this may have been the cause of his passing. Our condolences to his family. Francis will be missed.

Michael
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1449 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
R.I.P. my friend.
"But there isn't a door"
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1119 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Francis was only 49 yrs old. He was a great guy. I wish his wife Pauline and his kids the best.
There is no actual obit here, but you can leave a message at:
http://www.facebook.com/francisngkl (you must have a FB account)

His passion for Cups, Chop Cup and Indian Cups was amazing. Expand the left menu of his category and you will find a vast assortment of photos that he labelled and categorized here:
http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/Franci......f%20Cups
I hope his PhotoBucket account is preserved for as very long time.
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Donnie: Thanks for the link. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11158 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Very sorry to hear this. Francis' collection went way beyond his remarkable cup collection. He owned several things that I made for him. Rest in peace, Francis.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
He was a very special gentleman.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Very sad. He was a passionate C&B collector and from the few exchanges I had with him an extremely nice man. What I found so remarkable about him was how very quickly he put together such a massive and impressive collection of cups.

I understand that Francis was an outstanding primary school proprietor/administrator in Singapore as well.

May he rest in peace.

Fortasse
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Very sorry to hear this. He was a generous supporter and collector of my monkey fists, as well. I wasn't aware he was ill. My condolences to his friends and family.
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
https://magicalaurieblog.wordpress.com/
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
I was very sad to hear of Francis's untimely passing. He was an avid collector, an enthusiast and a gentleman.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
angeloturn
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of angeloturn
I am deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Francis Ng.
My condolences to his family.
Angelo
Leave no wood unturned.....A
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I never met Francis, but I corresponded with him via email. He had a passion for the cups that was at least equal to mine. I knew he was ill, but we didn't discuss it. I'm going to write a special tribute page for him on the museum site.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

plungerman
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of plungerman
Very sad to hear the news. I believe some time ago he bought a rare set of mine and was a great gentleman about it.
He will certainly be missed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Passing of a great collector -- Francis Ng (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL