The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » DaOrtiz difference? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Hello,

is there a difference between Daortiz' "my personal stack" and his newer "C-10"??

Best regards,

Zedd
emptyroom
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
75 Posts

Profile of emptyroom
Yes, a huge difference. I don't own C10, but I'm familiar with the workings from watching performances. It's a great principle and I'm sure I would learn a lot from DaOrtiz' work. C10 is not a stack. Some preparation but little to no memory work.
- Andrew
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Ok - thank you! I'll get it ASAP Smile))

Best regards,

Zedd
mathmagic
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mathmagic
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, emptyroom wrote:
Yes, a huge difference. I don't own C10, but I'm familiar with the workings from watching performances. It's a great principle and I'm sure I would learn a lot from DaOrtiz' work. C10 is not a stack. Some preparation but little to no memory work.

Said everything Smile
"My personal stack" is an entire mem deck, like Aronson and Mnemonica.
C10, is some ideas in an instant 'mem deck'. One example of this principle, is spectartor shuffles the deck, than the magician memorize de deck, spectator name a number, magician can say what card is in the position Smile
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2014, Zedd wrote:
is there a difference between Daortiz' "my personal stack" and his newer "C-10"??

I apparently live a very sheltered life. (grin) And, since I have never heard of either of these, Zedd's question got me curious. Where can I find info (books and/or videos) on each and what each tries to accomplish?

Thanks for any info in these regards.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
My Personal Stack:

http://www.lybrary.com/my-personal-stack-p-181958.html

C10 is a video in spanish...

http://www.grupokaps.com/kapsstore/producto.php?id=85

...but I believe it's also explained in Dani's 2014 Penguin lecture:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4292
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Yes it's explained in the lecture! BTW both his lectures are absolutely great!!!!

Best rergards, Zedd
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Tim Cavendish wrote:
My Personal Stack:

http://www.lybrary.com/my-personal-stack-p-181958.html

http://www.grupokaps.com/kapsstore/producto.php?id=85

Hi, Tim (and Zedd too).

Thanks for all that info. It is very much appreciated. BTW, is the 2014 Penguin lecture you are referring to Dani's 1st Penguin lecture or his more recent 2nd Penguin lecture?

Best,

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Dani has done 2 lectures for Penguin:

Lecture 1: 27 January 2013 -- http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3177
Lecture 2: 29 June 2014 -- http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4292

I agree with Zedd -- both lectures are stupendous. His thinking is door-opening.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks for the info, Tim.

RATS! I just recently completed buying five videos from /Penguin using Penguin's "Five for $99.00" special. Dani 2 was one of six videos on my list, and, flipping a coin, I ended up choosing the other five videos. I guess it's back to the drawing boards and going back to Penguin to buy Dani's Lecture 2.

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Also worth watching out for:

About once a month Penguin puts Dani's Utopia set in the Cool Box as a great deal: $150, but you get $100 store credit. So you have to spend $150 up front, but you effectively get Utopia for $50.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Tim Cavendish wrote:

Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, Tim Cavendish wrote:
Also worth watching out for:

About once a month Penguin puts Dani's Utopia set in the Cool Box as a great deal: $150, but you get $100 store credit. So you have to spend $150 up front, but you effectively get Utopia for $50.

Hi, Tim.

Do you know if C10 is explained by Dani anywhere on the Utopia set?

Thanks for any info in this regard.

Eschew obfuscation.
Alexxander
View Profile
Elite user
Frankfurt, Germany
408 Posts

Profile of Alexxander
No, it is not explained on the Utopia set.
But there is a new DVD with Dani in the making. :>
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
523 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, Turk wrote:

RATS! I just recently completed buying five videos from /Penguin using Penguin's "Five for $99.00" special. Dani 2 was one of six videos on my list, and, flipping a coin, I ended up choosing the other five videos. I guess it's back to the drawing boards and going back to Penguin to buy Dani's Lecture 2.

Mike

So...what videos did you end up getting?

(I haven't gotten around to watching his second lecture yet, but yeah, the first was excellent. I love his thinking on magic)
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2014, Robert P. wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, Turk wrote:

Mike

So...what videos did you end up getting?

(I haven't gotten around to watching his second lecture yet, but yeah, the first was excellent. I love his thinking on magic)

Hi, Robert.

To answer your question, from Penguin Magic on their last "5 for $99.00" Special, I ended up purchasing the following five magic LIVE lectures:

Axel Hecklau
Murray Sawchuck
Howard Hamburg
Lennart Green
Ricard Osterlind 2

Yeh. I know. A somewhat eclectic "all over the map" selection. (grin)

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
523 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
I've just started the Axel Hecklau one but have seen Lennart Green's and both of Richard Osterlind's. Fantastic lectures, you'll be very happy with your choices.

The 5 for $99 is such a great deal. That is how I started...then there were three lectures in a month that I was interested in so I started a subscription for one month. Never ended up unsubscribing because the quality of material has been so solid. The problem is now trying to find the time to watch them all.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2014, Robert P. wrote:
I've just started the Axel Hecklau one but have seen Lennart Green's and both of Richard Osterlind's. Fantastic lectures, you'll be very happy with your choices.

The 5 for $99 is such a great deal. That is how I started...then there were three lectures in a month that I was interested in so I started a subscription for one month. Never ended up unsubscribing because the quality of material has been so solid. The problem is now trying to find the time to watch them all.

The only problem that I have with the monthly $49.95 special is that, frequently, I only interested in one or two of the four magicians being offered in that current "monthly" time period. The other two magicians are either magic lightweights or perform in a style or perform a type of magic that I am not interested in watching or learning. I've asked Penguin about letting buyers selectively purchase four of the past magic lectures that such buyers might be particularly interested in...but that would result in a number of magicians never making it past the first round (i.e., around the date of that magician's lecture)...and Penguin Magic is not interested in providing such a more desired and informed choice. So, I just pass and wait for an opportunity where Penguin might make a better offer with more choice.

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » DaOrtiz difference? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL