The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite mentalist(s) (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Marmen
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Marmen
Sometimes a "favourite" doesn't necessarily mean the best. It just means "favourite". There may well be better mentalists than Kreskin and in fact I think there probably are. But I think he is probably my favourite of the ones that are around nowadays. But again, not because he is the best. In fact I and Paul Pacific have often speculated that if there were a competition at a mentalist's convention to see who was the best mentalist Kreskin would come in LAST! Especially if nobody had ever heard of him.

He has something though. Oh, and I may be wrong but I get a sense of a certain amount of "unscriptedness" from him. Just a hunch.
boboswitch
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of boboswitch
My favorite -- Atlas Brookings. I base this on his old works and not the latest one. Also, he is just unbelievably helpful. As the saying goes "they won't necessarily remember what you said, but they will remember how you made them feel." Atlas ticks BOTH boxes!
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
836 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Bob Cassidy and Luke Jermay.

Both have a timeless style. The way they walk the line suits my tastes perfectly. Both are deep lovers of mentalism, great thinkers, real-world workers. Nothing flashy... just solid, first-class, hard-hitting mentalism.
IbiMania
View Profile
Regular user
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
108 Posts

Profile of IbiMania
Dunninger, Banachek and Brown
Marmen
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Marmen
You know who is pretty good? Canadian mentalist Paul Pacific. He has charm and sex appeal when he works. Very charismatic performer. Alas just lately he has taken to performing in bare feet and jeans as a result of being advised by a rather silly local magician who don't understand show business. He doesn't seem to realise that this ruins his otherwise wonderful act. Hopefully this is a temporary aberration.

He is just as good a close up magician as he is a mentalist too. Of course that is because he has stolen all my tricks.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
842 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Well to be fair, I only perform barefoot at that one venue - a night club here in Toronto. They bill me as Paul Pacific the barefoot prophet.

Naturally during my normal shows at corporate events I am properly shod and suited up.

Thanks for the kind words though.
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
myrealsphinx
View Profile
New user
Brazil
79 Posts

Profile of myrealsphinx
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2014, PaulPacific wrote:
Well to be fair, I only perform barefoot at that one venue - a night club here in Toronto. They bill me as Paul Pacific the barefoot prophet.

Naturally during my normal shows at corporate events I am properly shod and suited up.

Thanks for the kind words though.

I was worried about not performing with Eletrical Touch!!!
AlienMind
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
131 Posts

Profile of AlienMind
Big names have been mentioned so far ... my favorites are Banachek, Bruce Bernstein, Joshua Quinn and Jack Kent Tillar.
GaMind
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
73 Posts

Profile of GaMind
One name that I don't think I've seen mentioned is Michael Weber. I've not seen him in a public performance, but I've seen him perform and lecture at MindVention and he was very good.
Alex R. Weinberg
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Alex R. Weinberg
I would have to pick 3 Bob Cassidy, Banachek, and Larry Becker
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2610 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2014, IAIN wrote:
...anyone with a personality and something interesting to say...

Perfect!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite mentalist(s) (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL