The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Strict abilities (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Hmmm. Finding your own persona, abilities and back story is what I've always advocated- along with maintaining the credibility of mentalism. I don't recall EVER writing that my way was the only way.

It's not.

I'm sorry, I just assumed that based on your posts trying to prove my "formula" is wrong/bad Smile

Okay I'm done for real this time!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Your formula is neither good nor bad. I just don't think it's thought out very well. As an entertainer you can do whatever you want. But if you're a mentalist you should at least give some serious thought to what many of us have spent decades learning.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3263 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Not sure about this one. Geller claimed multiple abilities and was believed by millions. He demonstrated remote viewing, telepathy, telekinesis and teleportation. He could bend metal, dowse for water and find oil. He could make a football move from the penalty spot in a Scotland v England match-damn him!!! He seemed to be claiming multiple abilities all related to an enhanced use of the brain, and he convinced a large part of the western world that he was the real deal.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
He also once said he was in contact with aliens from the planet Hoova, pretty much freeing him up to claim anything he felt like. Alternatively he frequently claimed that he didn't understand his abilities at all.

His was a purely psychic persona, which offers the broadest number of possible claims. (It is also one that is most likely to invite immediate skepticism and exposure, which also accounted for much of Geller's fame.)

The fact is, though, that he was primarily known for his metal bending.
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Uri Geller. Certainly new how to get ink and promote himself. Hard to knock success.

Personally, not my cup of tea.

Best wishes,

Scott
'Curiouser and curiouser."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Strict abilities (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL