We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kidabra 2014 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
AaronSterling
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of AaronSterling
Anyone else going? Looks at least 95% that I'll be there in a couple weeks. I'm not much of a children's performer, but I tend to hit conventions together with a friend who does a lot of kids shows, so this seemed like a good event to check out.

I'd welcome any tips, advice, etc., from attendees of previous years.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Aaron even though you say you're not much of a kids performer, I'm SURE you will get something out of the convention. The atmosphere is so friendly, you will enjoy it. Hope to see you there.

Tommy
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
tom hughes
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of tom hughes
Sooo tempted to go... It's only an hour from my house and I've never been!
http://www.ashevillemagic.com
http://www.themagictomshow.com
magician/magic show in asheville w.n.c.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1424 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
ATM's are very hard to find there, so you might want to bring some cash.

It's also a dry town, meaning that getting a drink (other than perhaps a glass of wine) may be a bit difficult.

Gerry
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, Gerry Walkowski wrote:

Last year, we found a bank with an ATM just down the road. I don't remember if we had to go as far as the Walmart or not (which we went to on the trolley).

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1649 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, Gerry Walkowski wrote:

It's also a dry town, meaning that getting a drink (other than perhaps a glass of wine) may be a bit difficult.

Gerry

Actually, it is no longer a dry town. You can get any drink you wish for at Ruby Tuesdays, which is in walking distance. The headquarters hotel does not have a bar, which is a shame. This is one of the great advantages of KAX! There is even a free cocktail hour!!
Smile

JR
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1424 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Donald,

It's kind of strange that even their own convention center doesn't have an ATM machine, nor do the local hotels. Talk about living in the now. Smile

JR, if that's true, then Ruby Tuesdays must have changed things in the last few years.

Gerry
AaronSterling
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of AaronSterling
Thanks everyone for the posts so far. It's an interesting read! TommyJ, it seems from the way you phrased your post that you will be there too. If you are, I look forward to meeting you.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Will be there as well. I never miss it.

Best
Ken Scott
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
I will be there too, and if you can't find an Atm, hit Kens Scott up, between 5 and 8 Pm on the 14th Apparently, he's handing out 50's. I can't wait.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1813 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I'll be there!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I wish I could make it this year.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, Dynamike wrote:
I wish I could make it this year.

Mike, you gotta attend. Have you ever been?
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I'll be there - and yes it's a "wet" county as of last year.

Jim
magicalnick
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicalnick
This will be my first time. I hope to get to meet a lot of you that I have heard so much about and you hopefully get to know more about me as I am new here.

On a side note: Did anyone make time to do any side trips to Dollywood or local attractions? My wife and I are avid roller coaster fans (I have been on nearly 600 different ones around the world) and would be more then happy to visit dollywood and show them around if anyone is interested. I will be arriving sometime Monday and will be staying around the Saturday after Kidabra too. Let me know as it would be great to visit dollywood together and be "kids" for the day.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

No kidding, man. Out of those 600 coasters, what's the top 3 scariest ones you've ever been on?
Jeffini
View Profile
New user
Atlanta
52 Posts

Profile of Jeffini
I'm looking forward to the conference . . . Wet or dry. And the roller coasters sound fun too.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Sorry to derail this thread a bit, but my top coasters are: Steel - Millennium Force (Cedar Point) Wooden (The Comet) Six Flags Great Escape. Magic Nick, I am jealous. I have been on most in the North East, but I'm not in your league.

Wish I could make it to Kidabra this year, but bookings got in the way. I am setting time aside well in advance for next year.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Yea, Charlie, I look forward to the day, we are chillin' by the pool, hanging out between lectures. Hopefully, you make it next year.
magicalnick
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicalnick
I really enjoy El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure NJ, Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland and Griffon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg VA. I could name about 50 or so that are really good including Millennium force and the Comet that Charlie mentioned. Dollywood has a great wooden coaster too. As for scariest I rode one called Son Of Beast that didn't agree with my insides that well.. Needless to say they tore down the coaster after numerous injuries. My wife and I got married on a roller coaster at Knoebels Amusement Park. You may have heard of this park as they cater to numerous magicians with a different show every week. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you. My wife will be attending but not the convention. She is going to Dollywood for a few days without me! I am trying to get her to go to the evening gala but we shall see.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kidabra 2014 (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL