The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Klamm Rings - Beware (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kennyka
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of kennyka
Just a quick rundown regarding the Klamm Rings and rights that are now supposedly owned by Stringfellow Consulting.

I contacted Klamm a few months back and got a reply from Bob's wife saying that all rights to Klamm were sold to Barron Stringfellow. She forwarded the email to him and I purchased rings, with a bag and a few extra rings. We spoke a few times and all was cordial, but I never got my rings after being charged months prior. I literally received a text from him asking if my package arrived, yet he never sent me anything. And, then dealt with unanswered cell calls, emails, etc.

Luckily, my credit card saved me and let me dispute the charge. Still no rings since early April, nor do I think I'll ever get them.

Buyers Beware and I felt this was worth letting everyone know.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Wow, thanks Kennyka. Good info
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
The behavior of certain dealers amazes me. There might be a delay in shipping a product, just keep me in the loop so I know what is happening. Also, please just return customers' emails. I'm glad you recovered your payment, and thank you for this "heads up".
kennyka
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of kennyka
I was very hopeful, and am unsure of what circumstances caused the behavior, though I have guesses. I just don't want anyone else to get burned. Honesty is simply what it is. I actually hope Bob or his wife don't find out, because I'm sure that's a disgrace to their name and that sucks, for lack of a better way to put it. Hate to share bad news at the same time.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Sadly Bob passed away July 10, 2014. Bob sold his business due to failing health. The news of his business (and good name) dying due to poor practices is also sad.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I was saddened to hear of Bob's passing. I lectured for the RING down in the Ozarks about in the mid 80s and spent a very pleasant afternoon with Bob.

Yes, Harry, Bob was an ethical dealer and manufacturer. It's a shame when those who are "successors", are hurting his good name.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
kennyka
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of kennyka
I too found out about Bob's passing in the latest Linking Ring magazine, and the name legacy also caused me some concern. But, I sincerely think that nothing will come of the Klamm line from it's current owner. My credit card company never got contacted back from Barron either, so I received full credit. Hopefully, the business sale helped the family. Berniece emailed me regarding the changeover, and I think it's best she doesn't know.

Wish I still had my old set of Klamm rings now!

RIP Mr. Robert Klamm.
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Have to pull out the old set and drink a toast!
kennyka
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of kennyka
To follow up here, 2 years have passed and still no Rings, no call, no email, no text...NOTHING! I always find and see the best in people, but I'll be honest and say it was a tough decision to bring up at all and even post. I have no regrets now at all because time has proven I made the right decision. If anyone knows any more background or info for Mr. Stringfellow, I would love to know. There may be a legitimate reason for what happened and may make all this make more sense. I hope that is the case.

As a side note, anyone interested in selling me a set of Klamm rings, just let me know with a PM.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Daytona Magic has a profile on this guy with pictures, this it the guy you were dealing with.

https://www.daytonamagic.com/barron-stringfellow.html

He says he has a business management business, but if this is how he manages his business, I would not have him as my consultant.

At the time Klamm went out of business himself, his website listed that he was out of most all Linking Rings including the most extra rings. He only had a few 12" size rings, and no 8" sets.

What websites this guy has, has been taken over by hackers, clicked on one links and it brought up a page in Chinese.

If your charge card got you money back, there is no reason to be waiting on any product, or did I misread you comments about help form the charge card company.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Klamm Rings - Beware (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL