The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Robert the Doll / Key West (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
Went to Key West last week and bought a small size replica of Robert the Doll!!! I have been thinking about his rocking chair rocking when he likes my magic. I have the hook-up it just sometimes rocks when I don't want it to!

Click here to view attached image.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, Magic_son wrote:

I have the hook-up it just sometimes rocks when I don't want it to!

Maybe, Robert has been liking your magic more & more ! Smile

@Magic_son , is Robert someone we should know ?

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
I saw it on a televison show, and it inspired the Child play movies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCWeA6mv0XY

A link to a Utube video about Robert. I will not lie, I thought everyone here would know the story of Robert. Maybe I need to rethink the idea of the haunted doll, if you guys don't know robert, there is a chance many people won't.
A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
I know Robert and the Story behind him.
I am sure a lot of people in the US know him.
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

www.facebook.com/a.j.drake
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
It was new to me, thanks for the link.
Maybe I'm one of the few who did not know, too !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Pretty spooky and that was new to me also.
Thanks for sharing!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I've never heard of Robert either but thanks for posting. He does look charming I must say.
Twitter @darjames
Gaunt
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Hey Magic_son thanks for the post as I have always been quite intrigued by the story behind the creation and "life" of Robert and found it to be quite interesting as it relates to voodoo and black magic. I have never seen any of the art work of his previous artist owner, Robert Otto Eugene but I understand he was very successful in the Key West area.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I am familiar with the story of Robert the doll, pretty cool...alot of possibilities here. another famous story from Key West is Carl Von Casel, look it up, you will not believe what you are reading!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Robert the Doll / Key West (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL