The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Rogue on AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
He got through the audition but I didn't see him perform in the second round. Does anyone know what happened?

Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Nobody knows?

He's not on NBC's list of 47 finalists so, one way or the other, he's no longer in the competition. Did he drop out or was he eliminated?

Smoothini is still in, although they did not show him perform in the second round either.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1270 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Met smoothini in a magic shop in vegas. he still wasn't sure what he was going to do for the second round. he was tickled that several magishes were angry because he did a salt vanish to make the audition. great lesson in that.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2014, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Nobody knows?

He's not on NBC's list of 47 finalists so, one way or the other, he's no longer in the competition. Did he drop out or was he eliminated?

Smoothini is still in, although they did not show him perform in the second round either.

Smoothini got passed straight through.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3403 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Why have you posted a video of a magician performing on an amateur talent show in the mentalism forum?
IbiMania
View Profile
Regular user
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
108 Posts

Profile of IbiMania
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Why have you posted a video of a magician performing on an amateur talent show in the mentalism forum?

Because he wants us to find out where he is with out psychic abilities, I guess. Smile
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Did I get it right what all this incredible tension was about?
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 27, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:

Of course, mentalists aren't magicians Smile So I must have my reasons.

Roulette routines are certainly not foreign to mentalists, as anyone who watched NBC's PHENOMENON will attest. Smile The effect here is a creation of mentalist Francesco Tesei and has been performed by the likes of magici...er...mentalists Marc Spelmann and Keith Barry. The premise of this particular presentation is intuition. Rightly or wrongly I classify this as a mentalism effect. Apparently, others do not agree. C'est la vie.
Steve Haffner
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
108 Posts

Profile of Steve Haffner
I know several mentalists and magicians who perform this. It's all in the presentation.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3403 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Every time some fame hungry wannabe tries to shoehorn a "mentalism" routine into a 90 second slot on an amateur TV talent show, a little bit of the art dies.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Every time some fame hungry wannabe tries to shoehorn a "mentalism" routine into a 90 second slot on an amateur TV talent show, a little bit of the art dies.

Well said.
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Quote:

I like that "shoehorn a "mentalism" routine"
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Quote:

And... an equal and opposite amount is born. It's up to you to find it.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Actually, it's neither fair nor accurate to call AGT an "amateur talent show," since a LOT of the contestants, and usually at least half of the finalists, are full time professionals who are using the show just to boost their visibility. In fact, some full time pros like Terry Fator have managed to parlay victories on AGT into lengthy and lucrative Las Vegas and television contracts.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Quote:

Exactly! Fame? Bah. No one here has any use for that, right? Smile

But, seriously, I thought Eric Dittelman acquitted himself quite well when he competed. And then there's this guy, who finished up doing to Simon Cowell what thousands of others have only dreamed of. Smile

Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
422 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
True indeed Bob
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore
International Artists Consultant Uri Geller's Phenomenon TV Series;
PEA Bob Haines Memorial Award;
Dunninger Show Recreation;
Author of Dunninger Knows and Dunninger's Brain Busters

JosephAtmore.com
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
First time I've seen that clip, wouldn't we all like to do that to Simon Cowell, great stuff Colin.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3403 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Quote:

Exactly! Fame? Bah. No one here has any use for that, right? Smile]

I don't consider the desire to be famous to be admirable in the slightest. On the contrary, I think it is the curse of our age.

Mentalism should not be crammed into a 90 second slot in between dancing dogs and amateur singers. I cannot believe anyone who truly loves the art form for itself, rather than for what it can gain them, could believe otherwise.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1548 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
What's wrong with being interested in what you gain from something? "What's in it for me" is a valid question.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
I agree. The mentalism act should be crammed between the ventriloquist and the plate spinner.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Rogue on AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (25 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL