The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The coin magic of Cultural Xchange 1 & 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I am posting this here in the coin section as well as the product reviews since my reviews are focused on the coin magic.

Cultural Xchange 1 & 2 are two DVD's of Apollo Robbins and Shoot Ogawa's quick visual magic. They were both released last year, I finally got around to writing up the reviews at http://www.coinvanish.com.

Enjoy.

Dan
Click to visit:
SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
Thanks Dan, I think its remarkable what you contribute to the community for no personal gain. Well done.

P.S. I was annoyed at the "Trinity" transitioning too Smile
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Thanks Dan.
The reviews were very helpful. I appreciate it.
Brian
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Wow Dan,
as I walked through the door tonight I was thinking, "I've read reviews of CX2, I wonder if someone could do a review of CX1 and compare the two, so I can decide which to buy" and there you go and do it.
Great stuff
Shanester
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Thanks very much!
DAK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of DAK
Thank you for your detailed reviews, I'm awaiting my CX1 + 2 at the moment so will start exercising my fingers!!!!!

Kindest Regards

Dominic
carpelo
View Profile
New user
Tarragona, Spain
57 Posts

Profile of carpelo
That was a great job!!

I was looking for something of that kind and you didi it Smile

I always look for what is new on coinvanish.com, one of my favourite webs on magic (i love coins!!!)

Thanks from Valencia (Spain),

Carlos Pérez
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Say you only had the money to buy one of them. For the coin magic, which would you get?

FC Smile
shahin
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of shahin
Dan, your reviews are really great! What about a review on the Fitch-Kohler Holdout? I heard one can do some great coinwork using the holdout.

Shahin
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
If I were a mentalist, I'd predict that you will never see a detailed review of the Fitch-Kohler holdout. From a general standpoint, it retrieves and delivers objects, which is what all holdouts do, but the F/K Holdout incorporates many SIGNIFICANT improvements that are mentioned on Bob Kohler's WEB site.

Besides the quality of materials as well as the quality of the effects described on the DVDs, the instruction is exhaustive, and that's EXTREMELY significant. Simply buying quality woodworking tools doesn't make someone a master carpenter.

Ask yourself this - - what magic could you perform if you had an invisible third hand?

Re. the Cultural X-Change videos, I was most impressed with Apollo Robbins' audience management techniques and his use of the Miller (also referred to as Fitch) Grip.

Regards, Larry D.
Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
Larry, isn't it actually the J.W. Wilson Grip?
Everything you do -- everything -- has your signature on it. Regardless of whether you intend it that way or not. And that's how people perceive you.-George Ledo
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Dan, my bad. I had holdouts on my mind so I accidentally typed Miller, as in Charlie. You're right, the move is the J.W. (Wilson) Grip. Thanks for the correction.

Larry D.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Shahin,

Bob sent me review copies of those videos.

I don't have the guts to ask him for a review copy of the holdout Smile

There are a bunch of threads in the Café where I talked about what I saw of the holdout back in 2002 LVMI, as well as some comments from current users of it.

Just do a search for "holdout" in the search screen, you will find them.

Also Bob has the Mike Close review of the holdout from MAGIC on his website. Just click the banner ad on the main page of the Café to go to it.
Click to visit:
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Mike Close's review and the Café threads that Dan Watkins mentions don't really provide any more specific info than what Kohler and Fitch provide on Kohler's WEB site. Those who know more aren't sharing.

Larry D.
Marc01
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Marc01
Dan
Thank you and congratulations for your review.
I just got the 2 DVD's and I agree with you on most points except one :
I think that No Steal Matrix is an exceptionnally clean matrix routine. I was fooled the first time , I saw it. There are no extra finger movments (in comparison Quick Matrix is much less clean)

Regards
marc
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Hey Marc,

I read Acer's review at MyLovelyAssistant.com and that routine fooled him too.

I did not like putting 3 out of 4 cards in a pile before showing all the coins are under it. I don't think it was a step backward in the matrix routine.

But we all have different opinions and preferences and stuff we like and don't like. If we were all the same, we would do the same stuff.
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The coin magic of Cultural Xchange 1 & 2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL