The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Train Tracking by Atlas Brookings (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2657 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2014, taotalo wrote:
Is there nowhere to get this? They're all gone?

Someone is selling their copy in the "Let's Make A Magic Deal" books forum.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=78
Sebastian Proude
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
6 Posts

Profile of Sebastian Proude
Lol. Well, I seemed to have missed this one (been on a performing break for the past few months). And the Prodigal and the Real Thing were both wonderfully well-written and insightful. So, I can imagine that this is a tome, indeed.
"Grunt, foam at the mouth, and otherwise get psychic"
-Annemann
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2657 Posts

I'm ready to be Train Tracked! Smile

I'm intrigued by this effect but know very little about it. Any of you who have purchased the book and want to demonstrate it, PM me so we can set up a Skype session or something. Thanks!
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
548 Posts

Profile of Alwow
With a couple of these up for sale currently (I can't afford one currently, but hopefully I might be able to soon) I'm curious if anyone can give more thoughts on this project. From what has been shared it sounds like it will require some effort by the performer and I assume the participants, which is fine. I'm more curious about honest reviews, the progress current owners have made, whether you're happy with your purchase and would you recommend it (especially since if I do make the plunge I'm likely to pay more than original price to get a copy)

Anyone's thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

AlWoW
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I love it. Yes, it takes work. If you don't put in the work, it will not be a great experience. If you do, laymen will believe you are a real mindreader. In other words, the effect is definitely correlated with the effort. Simple as that. That applies to any routine that we want to master. I am nowhere near as proficient as Atlas is and probably never will be, but I have made great progress. With that said, I have dedicated many, many hours of study to be able to do it successfully. If you don't have the time to do this, this may not be for you. I have had other mentalists ask me if I will Traintrack them on Skype, and I just don't feel right about it. I am only one of two people I think in the state of GA to know how to do it, and I will always be proud that I have the whole state to myself. I will never part with my book (well, if my kids were starving maybe). One thing I have learned about Atlas is that he is obsessed with quality. TT is a masterpiece.
RedDevil's 5th Book of Close-Up Mentalism is here...
Pre-Order "FAUXLOGICAL" at www.reddevilmentalism.com

F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
916 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
The effect is great, the non needed but defnitly usefull gimmick might be a bit annoying to cary for some and yet I don't really have a problem.
It might be a bit hard to memorize everything required for the effect at first but with some memory techniques most should do it.
The work during the performence isn't too hard, basically it's remembering stuff on your part and simple math on the specators part (note, don't perform on drunk people).

I didn't have that much time latly to commit to learning it to the point I'd be confortable performing but recently I don't have too much to do so will definitly be working on this.

All I all I'm glad I made the purchase Smile
Reader discretion is advised.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Still loving this and perform it often.

Just note, the math is the seven count. Imagine math with words. Not numbers. Numbers aren't used.

People are still absolutely blown away. It seems so real. It's so organic. I love when they actually SMELL the moment. Great stuff!
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Well, I've got a small announcement I wanted to make.

We aren't quite there yet, but we are close enough that I am confident that this will probably happen, so I thought I'd share the developments with the rest of you.

About a month ago, I sent out the following email to the original purchasers of the book. I am touched and gratified at their responses. We have some wonderful people in this field, and I'm just waiting on a handful to respond still, but thus far, there has been overwhelming support for the proposal and while I haven't had the time to thank each of you personally, I wanted to state here that all the credit belongs to each of you.

Here was the email:

I hope you are enjoying Train Tracking - and I had a question that I wanted to put to you.

You might know fellow performer and mentalist David Thiel. Recently, his daughter was tragically murdered by her spouse. The spouse is now in jail, and their five children left to deal with losing their father and mother in the same day.

Their children are now left alone.

What does this have to do with Train Tracking?

Well, Train Tracking is a limited edition book - with 200 copies being sold. However, I printed 250 copies as I wanted to make sure that if any copies were lost or damaged in the mail, that I could accommodate and replace those copies. I have had to do that a few times. In addition to that, I had a few extra copies to give to friends.

Of those 250 copies, I have just over 30 copies left.

Lots of people have approached me and asked if they could purchase the book. I've said no. My agreement was to sell 200 and no more.

30 copies just sitting in a box.

I've written this post asking whether it would be alright with you to send this box to David, and to let him sell the books and give the proceeds to his grandchildren.

I want to be clear - I am asking everyone, and if there is even a SINGLE no, I will not do it. And I respect your absolute right to say no, with absolutely no hard feelings.
I will also still screen every purchaser, only after they've been vetted would they be referred to David.

But I thought I'd ask anyway. It would mean roughly $8000 to these children, and I'd be happy to donate the books if it is acceptable to every one of you.

Please let me know.

In the meanwhile, if you'd like to donate personally, you can do so by clicking the link below.

http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fundra......d/173980

Best,

Atlas
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
548 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Thanks Gents for sharing your thoughts. I'm definitely not adverse to memory work as I'm currently still in the process of developing/enhancing my memory based on Harry Lorayne's work. I've also had to put in some memory work for one of Atlas's previous works. I honestly like the idea of studying and fine tuning myself like a machine as nothing worth while comes without the work required to earn or achieve it.

And Atlas... cheers to you for this gesture.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9774 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:

We aren't quite there yet, but we are close enough that I am confident that this will probably happen, so I thought I'd share the developments with the rest of you.

About a month ago, I sent out the following email to the original purchasers of the book. I am touched and gratified at their responses. We have some wonderful people in this field, and I'm just waiting on a handful to respond still, but thus far, there has been overwhelming support for the proposal and while I haven't had the time to thank each of you personally, I wanted to state here that all the credit belongs to each of you.

Here was the email:

I hope you are enjoying Train Tracking - and I had a question that I wanted to put to you.

You might know fellow performer and mentalist David Thiel. Recently, his daughter was tragically murdered by her spouse. The spouse is now in jail, and their five children left to deal with losing their father and mother in the same day.

Well, Train Tracking is a limited edition book - with 200 copies being sold. However, I printed 250 copies as I wanted to make sure that if any copies were lost or damaged in the mail, that I could accommodate and replace those copies. I have had to do that a few times. In addition to that, I had a few extra copies to give to friends.

Lots of people have approached me and asked if they could purchase the book. I've said no. My agreement was to sell 200 and no more.

I've written this post asking whether it would be alright with you to send this box to David, and to let him sell the books and give the proceeds to his grandchildren.

I want to be clear - I am asking everyone, and if there is even a SINGLE no, I will not do it. And I respect your absolute right to say no, with absolutely no hard feelings.
I will also still screen every purchaser, only after they've been vetted would they be referred to David.

But I thought I'd ask anyway. It would mean roughly $8000 to these children, and I'd be happy to donate the books if it is acceptable to every one of you.

Please let me know.

In the meanwhile, if you'd like to donate personally, you can do so by clicking the link below.

Best,

Atlas

Pretty classy Atlas, and a very nice gesture. I only hope your purchasers and followers will feel the same way. If ever there was a cause...
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Great idea, Atlas. And a wonderful gesture. I support this one hundred percent.
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Honestly this is what community is, genuily and truly amazed at not only the kindness of atlas but the willingness of all those who purchased TT to allow this book to be sold for such a good cause. My thoughts and prayers go out to David and his family. I just went to that link to try and donate but it told me the fundraiser was over? Cna someone give me a link or adress to which I can donate money?
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2657 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 3, 2014, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
I'm ready to be Train Tracked! Smile

I'm intrigued by this effect but know very little about it. Any of you who have purchased the book and want to demonstrate it, PM me so we can set up a Skype session or something. Thanks!

Anybody?
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1577 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:

Here was the email:

Please let me know.

Best,

Atlas

What a wonderful & kind gesture.
Bravo!
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
238 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
I was fortunate enough to get a copy of TT. All I will say is that it is as clean and powerful as described elsewhere. While I am far from being able to track as well as Atlas, I've already seen how well it plays for the uninformed and those familiar with traditional magic/mentalism techniques. Some of my favorite mentalism effects rely on traditional techniques (b****ts, etc.), but I love being able to blow people away at a moments notice. I really enjoy the concept of propless mentalism but don't think effects with a less than 100% success rate are always practical in every situation. However, with TT, in the worst case scenario people are left scratching their heads in amazement. Best case scenario, you leave them with an unforgettable life changing experience. In essence, you can't fail. Plus, the n**e******t gimmick is sick!
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
So, after a few months, what do you think of TT ? Do you perform it often ? How do the reactions look like ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It's a powerful technique. I use it often and it gets great reactions.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:

enough said
Dr. JK
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, South Carolina
912 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2015, brehaut wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:

enough said

I'm as big a fan of Bob's work as anyone (well, not true; there are some *real* fanboys on here), but please, exercise the right to think for yourself....

Thank you to Mr. Cassidy for answering the question.

I don't have TT, so I can't say what the reactions are like, but I'm intrigued with the question given all the people who have it seem to say, "It's brilliant, I need to put the work into getting ready to perform it." I'd love to hear more from those who heaped praise on the concept to see if it works as well for them in practice as Bob has indicated it has for him.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.psychiccpa.com
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2072 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Dr. JK,

I've performed TT many times and have always received great reactions. The concept works very well "in practice." In fact, you really can't appreciate just how excellent is the concept until you actually perform for someone and see it in action. As a number have mentioned, however, it does take a good deal of work to become proficient and comfortable using it, but the benefits are huge!

Regards, Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Train Tracking by Atlas Brookings (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL