The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Suggestion for few days in London (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fagani
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
533 Posts

Profile of fagani
Hi All
I am going to spend few days in London from aug 8th
Any suggestion on shows there around?
Thanks in advance/Fabio
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
17910 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I can recommend the no11 bus, and to look up at the architecture...

the ten bells pub down in shoreditch, the ripper pub
zebranos on a Thursday in Soho, two friends perform magic in there in the evening
if you want to cool off, walkers of Whitehall is a lovely three floor pub with art deco styling
there's a gin palace further up too

take a walk along near the London eye and see the street performers

also download the transport for London app if you have a smart phone, handy to plan your routes

we don't tip in pubs by the way...sometimes there's a jar on the bar itself but its not standard..

plus check time out magazine/site for magic events, Madame jojos is a burlesque bar that has magic and mentalism too...
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2066 Posts

Profile of yachanin
If you are a Sherlock Holmes fan, you should stop by the Sherlock Holmes museum on Baker Street. It will seem like you were transported to Victorian England Smile

Regards, Steve
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
The Sherlock Holmes museum is a great experience, and and over by the London Eye there is a pub with a chair on which it is claimed Shakespeare used to sit. Another thing you should do is to buy a ticket that gives you unlimited travel on tube trains and buses, it will save you a fortune.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
fagani
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
533 Posts

Profile of fagani
Thank you Pals
It is not my first time in London and I know that street performers are a great experience ( and that the family ticket is really important for buses and metro)
I wonder if there are in august magic shows in theaters ( didn't find them in internet)

Thank you

Fabio
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi fagani

I would suggest a visit to The Magic Circle. They have a Summer at The Magic Circle show on August 10th 2014.

The evening performance is sold out but there is a 2.30 p.m.(UK Time)show which has seats available.

The event consists of:-

Join the stars of The Magic Circle for fun family entertainment! Mix and mingle with some of our great magicians, see our amazing Headquarters and have a look in our museum. You may even spot Sooty too! After that, it's into The Magic Circle Theatre for some great entertainment from some of our top members! A summer treat for the family, ideal for 7 and up!

Go to their web site: http://www.themagiccircle.co.uk/public-events for ticket details.

Hope that this helps

All the best

Michael
fagani
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
533 Posts

Profile of fagani
Thank you very very much Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Suggestion for few days in London (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL