The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » A fun quick trick/idea.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
From my latest set of lecturenotes "The Experts at the Breakfast Table". There are a couple more posted on my channel and more to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdicrF8eU9Y
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1004 Posts

Profile of Ado
Isn't there a way to avoid the fall of the card? I guess you were aiming for the table, but if you can't make it more practical, it's a bit of a pain, especially as, for the spectator, you could have swapped the card as you picked it from the ground...

P!
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
Ado,

There is not a great way to stop it from falling. You are correct about aiming for the table and usually hit it:-) I normally stand really close to the table so when it misses it hits my body and falls to the table. A couple of times when it's hit the floor. I like the flying randomly between the cards and landing wherever as I believe it enhances the premise that the spectator just tossed it and it becomes visible as it flies between the cards. As is mentioned in the notes (with a couple of more ideas) we would hope someone can take the idea even further. It's great fun to perform,is a great visual in person and garners a really much stronger response than I thought it would. Thanks for asking. Cheers.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
You could stand behind a low 3-panel screen or a cut-away box. Would have to be more than a foot tall. Decorate it with pictures of doorways and portals to match the theme. It would act like a backstop for the tossed card. BW, good misdiraction going on there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » A fun quick trick/idea.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL