The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Dick Stoner Still Awesome (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2018 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4NhEatacxE Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuXaA9LOl7E Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pU9sbg_0s 60th anniversary.

Dick inspired me a lot growing up and always had great comedic presentation and proved that you do not need to do knuckle-busting sleight of hand all the time to be entertaining. I bought from his Funstore back in the 80's and 90's a lot and loved his style and corny jokes. I assume he is in his mid to late 80's but not sure exactly. He still gets huge laughs today and I still love seeing him perform. I thought his video catalog was the greatest thing ever back then when I was so used to just sketchy catalogs that did not tell you much, or show you much besides some line drawings. But today I love them still as well as they are a novelty item in this new age of digital media.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2732 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Thanks. I always enjoy watching him - he is still awesome!

Ron
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Dick was one of the magicians that entertained at the local fair a several years ago. I always looked forward to his shows and still have fond memories of him making the people laugh and be entertained by his great magic routines. These days, there aren't many magicians that have worked the fair, who can hold a crowd of people and entertain like he could. I wish they would have him back.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2018 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Yeah I love that he is still doing it. I loved his magic VHS tapes got right to the point with the demos without all the crap like these days.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
I was just at Dick's store in Fort Wayne and was lucky he was there. He said at 84 he only works half days but was at the store more because of Halloween. Nice guy!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6772 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I thoroughly enjoyed that! I've bought many things from the Fun Store! Smile

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Dick Stoner Still Awesome (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL