The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Kids Deck: Playing Cards For Kids & Magicians (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Profile of Justin Impossible
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2014, 0pus wrote:
What do the backs look like?

Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com
www.facebook.com/magicianjustinimpossible

A pretty assistant is the most effective form of misdirection.
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Couple quick updates on the backs. The red deck as you see in the picture above will indeed be red. The blue back is actually changing to a different color and the blue back we will unveil next Friday. I hope you are as excited as I am. We showed this deck to kids today and they could not stop going through the pack looking at all the cards. Chat later friends!
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

wwhokie1
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Looks nice, except the backs have a top and bottom, a card can be upside down. That limits it a bit, but otherwise a nice looking deck.
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, wwhokie1 wrote:
Looks nice, except the backs have a top and bottom, a card can be upside down. That limits it a bit, but otherwise a nice looking deck.

Hi wwhokie1, thanks for the comment and I thank you for taking the time and letting me know your thoughts on the back. Yes it is a one way back and I did that intentionally. Remember, this is a deck for kids as well as kids becoming magicians. One of the decks that is widely used by magicians is a Stripper Deck. I wanted a deck of cards that kids could use as a Stripper Deck, without the Stripper portion. And I teach this in the DVD that is also part of the Kickstarter package. You can show the cards to a layman, have them select out a card, and then put it back the same way you would a stripper deck. 98% of people will never realize what is happening. And other than die hard card fanatics, having cards this way really doesn't matter. These cards look like they were made by kids and that's what I was going for. Thanks again for checking it out and any questions are welcome Smile
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Only 5 days till the launch of the Kids Deck! For those that have been asking, here is the red and blue back Smile

Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

wwhokie1
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Thanks for the comments about the one way backs. I can see your reasoning, and I don't find the backs objectionable. I do use a few select card tricks with kids depending on the age, some would work with this deck a couple would not. I will say that for a one way back it seems very subtle. In fact I had to look twice to make sure it was one way. I do like the look of the cards, and may even find myself joining in; I particularly like the ABC deck. I always loved Richard Pinner's "Kids Kards" routine (mentioned above), and wished a complete deck of those cards would be produced - but that never happened. What I would really like is some blank face and the ABC with blank backs.
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 11, 2014, wwhokie1 wrote:
Thanks for the comments about the one way backs. I can see your reasoning, and I don't find the backs objectionable. I do use a few select card tricks with kids depending on the age, some would work with this deck a couple would not. I will say that for a one way back it seems very subtle. In fact I had to look twice to make sure it was one way. I do like the look of the cards, and may even find myself joining in; I particularly like the ABC deck. I always loved Richard Pinner's "Kids Kards" routine (mentioned above), and wished a complete deck of those cards would be produced - but that never happened. What I would really like is some blank face and the ABC with blank backs.

No problem my friend. I will keep that in my about the ABC deck. I will see what I can do Smile
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I almost presume that you'll be offering a few gag cards like "NO" and 3 1/2 clubs......also double-backers and double-facers, etc. All the standard stuff. And forcing decks, definitely. I think you should print a lot of extra "Y"s, so you can make up plenty of "Y" forcing decks (who hasn't longed for one of those?)
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Is a number deck possible? I like the alphabet deck. I don't like the complete words of the cards in the drawings. because I am not english. so other languages can't read it. but I like what you do, great job.
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 12, 2014, Potty the Pirate wrote:
I almost presume that you'll be offering a few gag cards like "NO" and 3 1/2 clubs......also double-backers and double-facers, etc. All the standard stuff. And forcing decks, definitely. I think you should print a lot of extra "Y"s, so you can make up plenty of "Y" forcing decks (who hasn't longed for one of those?)

The red and blue decks will have red/blue double backed card. That is the only gaffed card in that deck. In the ABC123 deck there will be a double backer and a blank face card for you to write whatever you want. I always recommend you purchase 2 ABC123 decks so you have a full deck of alphabet cards and a full deck of number cards.
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 12, 2014, ROBERT BLAKE wrote:
Is a number deck possible? I like the alphabet deck. I don't like the complete words of the cards in the drawings. because I am not english. so other languages can't read it. but I like what you do, great job.

What do you mean is a number deck possible? Totally understand about not being english but you will be able to tell what the cards are Smile
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

2 days till the launch of the Kids Deck! We have some sweet funding tiers and stretch goals for you!

Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

The Blue Kids Deck tuck box!

Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Kardify.com conducted an interview with me about the Kids Deck today so I thought I would share. You can read that here: http://www.kardify.com/2014/08/kickstart......tin.html
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

The Kids Deck is now live on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/394......for-kids
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Here is the fun kids T-Shirt for all those budding magicians out there. Will make awesome stocking stuffers!

Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Why don't you simply take advance orders from wholesalers which will save on all the kickstarter hassle?

Besides selling to magicians and collectors this is an obvious product for gift and toy stores.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
960 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Agree, sooner combine it with other items from My normal magic shop.
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 16, 2014, Quentin wrote:
Why don't you simply take advance orders from wholesalers which will save on all the kickstarter hassle?

Besides selling to magicians and collectors this is an obvious product for gift and toy stores.

We already spoke with Murphy's Magic and they will be doing an order once produced. Magic shops don't usually put down on pre-orders and pay you ahead of time. That would be nice though Smile
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I think they're great cards, and I wish you every success with them. If the day comes when they're £2 a pack, and you also offer forcing decks, and blank-faced decks, I'll jump right in and buy at least 20 decks.

Right now, the cost is simply too high for me to consider, and I really would require forcing decks.

I don't get the way you're selling them. I use only red-backed cards, so blue-backed cards are of absolutely no use to me. I'd order 20 x regular red-back decks, probably 4 forcing decks (nice if you gave the option to choose the card), and 4 blank decks.

Every magician is gonna have his own requirements, but the options given don't suit me.

I think you have to decide if this is a deck for magicians, or for children to actually play with.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Kids Deck: Playing Cards For Kids & Magicians (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL