The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book about tricks with Post - It - Notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roc
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Roc
Heard about this book with tricks that you can do with Post-its. Sounds like it would be fun at the office. Does anyone know where I can get it?
Knox
View Profile
New user
Australia
6 Posts

Profile of Knox
I'm not too sure about the book, but one trick that I love to do and that gets wicked reactions is the torn and restored paper. I usually do it with cigarette paper, but I've done it successfully with a post-it-note before.
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
I've heard of that book. I think it was reviewed in the Linking Ring magazine. I seem to remember one of the tricks was unwrapping a post-it-note package and then visually making it seal back up. I was gonna get it cause it sounded pretty cool, but I couldn't find the ad after that.

Hey Rock-man, I've done the leg work for ya. I checked a 2003 copy of The Linking Ring and found it. The name of the book is Steve Shrott's Amazing Tricks with Self-Stick Notes. It's available from WWW.Browser'sDen.com. And hey, it's only 9.95, not bad. I'm gonna get a copy too. Enjoy!
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Hi,

I know there is also a good routine with POST-IT in the Complete Works of Derek Dingle (by Kaufman) and Mr Dingle used that routine in his trade shows for 3-M.

(sorry, I am not home right now, and I do not remember the exact name of the routine)

Hope this helps!

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
pxs
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of pxs
(sorry, I am not home right now, and I do not remember the exact name of the routine)

Hope this helps!

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada

[/quote]

That'll be "Post it!" on page 164 of the Complete Works

Also have a look at this thread for an effect with post its: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......2&22
SandyWeber
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of SandyWeber
There is a great torn and restored Pot-It on Volume 4 of the Richard Osterlind DVDs. He says it is based on a Harry Lorayne routine from, I believe, The Magic Book.

Sandy
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
John Bannon's "Oh Calcutta" relies heavily on the magical post-it note. I've done it a few times and it's a reall great routine.

Page 11 of "Impossibilia" by John Bannon
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
Quote:
On 2004-01-21 23:02, Boat wrote:
Hey Rock-man, I've done the leg work for ya. I checked a 2003 copy of The Linking Ring and found it. The name of the book is Steve Shrott's Amazing Tricks with Self-Stick Notes. It's available from WWW.Browser'sDen.com. And hey, it's only 9.95, not bad. I'm gonna get a copy too. Enjoy!

That's a difficult site to navigate and their search engine isn't much help.
The link to the book is:
http://www.browsersden.com/catstart_newitemsC.htm
Good luck.
DaveS
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
I knew I was right about this great book of Post-It-Note tricks. On-Line visions just gave it a nine out of ten. I am vindicated!
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Don't know about a book, however there have been a couple of effects using Post It Notes in MAGIC over the last year or two. I think there may have been two, but only one comes to mind. Post Bent by Allan Nu (spelling?), in the effect a spoon drawn on a post it note, bends and is then given to the spectator.
Neat effect.
Owen
Franmonet
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Franmonet
There is a E-book called post justify
it sells at Magic-notes here is the link
http://www.magic-notes.com/thenotes/detail.php?product_id=46
Heck is for people who don't believe in gosh
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2595 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
My ebook deals mainly with methods of using post it notes for mentalism, such as switches, peeks etc

However, there are a couple of effects per technique to get you thinking
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2595 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
NEW PRICING

Down from $30 to $25

Bev
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
247 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
Years ago, Kenny Woodward, Jr., had a torn and restored post it effect published in Rick Johnsson's column in the Linking Ring. If you have access to issues in the early 80's or the LR CD set, its worth learning...

~ Fredrick
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book about tricks with Post - It - Notes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL