The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Domino Effect - Alex Pandrea (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, RickVancouver wrote:
Hmm, I still prefer the original Beswtiched, done with 2 different bills instead. Besides, who would carry sugar packets around in their pocket? (other than a magician)

Beswitched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsjjsZ8eKzU

Who? Restaurants, coffee houses, you know, the kinds of places many magicians, and people in general, find themselves quite often.

This feels like it could be a fantastic, natural, casual, piece.

Last time I was in a restaurant, the sugar packets were kept in a container on the tables and not pulled from anyone's pockets. 'Beswitched' makes better sense, as it's logical to pull a couple bills from your pocket anywhere, anytime. You're limited on where you can perform this effect, PLUS it's unnatural, as you'll have to pull one of the sugar packets out of your pocket and not from the container off the table... No, WAIT... "Excuse me, could you please pass me 2 sugar packets in this hand, so as I can toss them over into this hand before we start."
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
No need for the audience to be aware that these came out of your pockets. You can either pre-load the little sugar packet container on the table and ask them to pass you the whole container and then remove the ones you need, or you can mime pulling them out of the container. It's something I've done countless times. Simple, easy.
Kevin Reylek
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I would agree with Mercury here. Although this is a trick of opportunity and you to need an off moment to ring in the gaff, the fact that it requires so little pocket space and is so visual makes me inclined to try and keep it around for when I have the opportunity. There are plenty of "organic" tricks that require so much pocket space or stuff that I could not imagine carrying them around on the off chance I might get to perform but this is one I will carry (at least for a while)
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
People over think this way too much. I know some are thinking it's an opportunistic effect but this could literally be done any place. Heck, if I got this effect I could even make it make sense in a night club that doesn't have sugar/sweet and low

If you need an easy justification, "Oh I had a few extra of these when I went to Starbucks, I'm more of a frappe guy, you like frappes? Here let me show you something great with these, I want you to think of one of these, I think you have more of a sweet tooth, you like candy bars more than little sugary kinds of candies, so the one you are thinking of is the sweet n' low? Yes? and that's the one I pulled out, but check this out, what would happen if I got it wrong...blablahblah....".

All I'm saying is stop thinking situation and just do it, if anything just think of these items as POST-SITUATIONAL, "I stopped at a Starbucks on the way here and got a few of these..."

If you wanted them to examine your packet, well a sweet shuttle pass to a non gimmick would do.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Mercury nailed it. This is no different than coin in sugar packet where you need to ring in the packet. Super easy.
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2014, RickVancouver wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, RickVancouver wrote:
Hmm, I still prefer the original Beswtiched, done with 2 different bills instead. Besides, who would carry sugar packets around in their pocket? (other than a magician)

Beswitched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsjjsZ8eKzU

Who? Restaurants, coffee houses, you know, the kinds of places many magicians, and people in general, find themselves quite often.

This feels like it could be a fantastic, natural, casual, piece.

Last time I was in a restaurant, the sugar packets were kept in a container on the tables and not pulled from anyone's pockets. 'Beswitched' makes better sense, as it's logical to pull a couple bills from your pocket anywhere, anytime. You're limited on where you can perform this effect, PLUS it's unnatural, as you'll have to pull one of the sugar packets out of your pocket and not from the container off the table... No, WAIT... "Excuse me, could you please pass me 2 sugar packets in this hand, so as I can toss them over into this hand before we start."

If you can't see a way to make it look seem the sugar packet is from 'wherever', then I'm not sure what to say to you.
As for your last line, well...sarcasm really isn't your strength, is it?
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Looks good to me. I see no problem bringing this into play, think I will pick this up.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Decided to hold off getting this until I read a couple of reviews from others.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
^ Yes, more reviews, please.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Dave and mark shortland from world magic shop just reviewed this....
Wizard Product Review 30th July 2014: http://youtu.be/wqz0WbfHnKI
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I know I posted before but... good trick. Not hard to do. You make up new gimmicks yourself, always a really nice feature. The packet that visually changes in your hand can be shown both sides but can not be handed out for examination so attention must be drawn to the packet that "changed" in the spectator hand.
I purchased this but have not yet watched the entire DVD but I don't think there are significant updates from the presentation on AM/PM which people say is still available.
Can't blame Alex for re-releasing as single trick DVD, that's buisness.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Just want to provide a corrected link to WPR, as the previous link had an episode that was one week off. Domino Effect is reviewed here and gets a great score from both of the reviewers - http://youtu.be/cntsTRlMJkc?list=UUp-UJCv7ACFtbpEEJx6E-Fw
Kevin Reylek
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Wondering, if any workers have incorporated this yet into their set. If so, have there been any issues anyone would care to share?
mpilkey
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of mpilkey
Mine will be in today and I look forward to adding this to my shows
SIRIously Mental available from me directly

Mike@chattanoogamagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Domino Effect - Alex Pandrea (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL