The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Re: Exposure in Penny (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
First time I saw that.

Is it flaming to call someone an idiot? I suppose that it is.

Better to quote Einstein: The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Best,

Scott
'Curiouser and curiouser."
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thanks Mastermindreader... never seen that person but quite irritating.

My take is that some in the tech field seem to gravitate toawrds the concept of total "open source" extending to everything. What is good for the Goose...

I have had my own run-ins with this much higher profile and well known Café member some months ago and I pretty much gave up as there was NO possibility of changing his mind - and similar to your guy he seems to actually feed off of the disagreement:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=150

Maybe the best thing is just to ignore these clowns. They probably aren't performing tp make a living - but rather see our art(s) as just another thing to disect and disseminate like computer code.

I just saw P&T's act a few weeks ago for the first time (even though I have met T a few times before) and I liked most of it.

There really isn't much in the way of *real* exposure - most of it is pseudo and many routines end with the unexpected twist which makes you forget what the supposed exposure was in the first place.

I wasn't wild about their book t**t routine as to me it dragged on (and on) and was pretty weak from an entertainment standpoint. Overall the highlight were the 1st routine and last, with some beautiful moments in the middle (especiallt the famous rose routine). Anyway, overall P&T provide a nice evening of Libertarian tinged entertainment that exposes almost nothing imo.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

It puzzles me why trolls who openly support the exposure of secrets aren't permanently banned from the Café.

Guess how long this guy would last at my workshop.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I just checked and discovered this guy has well over the minimum posts required to access the secret sections of the forum.

He openly supports the public exposure of the secrets of magic.

What's wrong with this picture?
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I just checked and discovered this guy has well over the minimum posts required to access the secret sections of the forum.

He openly supports the public exposure of the secrets of magic.

What's wrong with this picture?

Crazy stuff. I said it before, if this site was subscription based, it might deter some of these cretins from joining with their twisted logic when it comes to revealing secrets.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I called him out as a troll in the thread on Right or Wrong and he's decided to argue that as well.

I'm done with him.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
**sigh**

I find exposure completely reprehensible. But I have to say that the YouTube link made me laugh out loud.

This guy isn't worth the time. I agree. Ignore him. Fires can't grow without fuel.

David.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I think it's disturbing, though, that people who openly advocate exposure are allowed to remain members here and are even able to access the hidden areas.

I certainly will think twice about posting anything of substance in the Banquet Room.
Trickstar
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
154 Posts

Profile of Trickstar
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I called him out as a troll in the thread on Right or Wrong and he's decided to argue that as well.

I'm done with him.

I get the feeling that what he is doing is part of some kind of assignment or class project on deductive logic or critical thinking and he will argue anything just for the sake of it.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Hard to believe such blatant trolling doesn't result in an immediate ban.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

That's what is puzzling me. Why should I remain a member of a forum that allows trolls who advocate exposure to have access to the hidden forums?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've created a post in "see the manager", asking this question...
I've asked to be banned
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Looks like the problem has been rectified.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah, job done...looks like route one is the best way forward - report the offender, and/or PM mr scribner...
I've asked to be banned
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I think it's a shame the Café doesn't reconsider its policy towards entry to the inner forums. The 50 posts thing worked at first when building up a membership but it would be much better now to switch to a system where someone has to have been a member of the Café for a set length of time and contributed a minimum number of posts in that time. I'd say 2 years and 100 posts would sort out those committed to the art from the passing fad brigade.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Don't discuss it here, post ideas and suggestions in the proper section��

the mods are too busy to read everything I reckon...

"i want to see the manager" section seems best...
I've asked to be banned
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Looks like the problem has been rectified.

Se la vie
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

La vie! (Okay, I said it.)
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I don't thing he was trolling. Is say he was a moron but that's way too disrespectful...

...to morons 👹
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Re: Exposure in Penny (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL