The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » T.O.S.T. by Sasha Crespi (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Hey Guys!

Sasha here! I'd love to talk to you about my first independent release, T.O.S.T.!

Imagine combining a book test and a tossed out deck, but with objects that you already have on you and that seem 100 % organic.
Imagine also performing this with borrowed objects from your spectator with no prior setup and no stooging.

There is a factor in this routine that makes it a lot more fun but also a lot more logical.

I have constructed a routine which not only makes sense, but also builds.

Never need to take the objects back
Can be borrowed
Impromptu or improvised
It makes sense to pass from one phase to the next
Several versions taught

Additionally, I include my D.A.D. principle. It allows you to ask someone to think of a song, book, movie,... And ask them to think of ANY LINE in that song, movie, poem, ... You instantly reveal the line with NO FISHING. They can confirm you are accurate.

I am NOT saying there is anything wrong with Mr. Hoy's effect. At all. for me, this is a completely different routine. I teach improvised and impromptu methods. 1 person or more (I do it for more). I will be honest, you could easily use this for stage but I find it to be a lot more appropriate to do this in a relaxed situation.

Once again, no stooging, borrowed objects or even no objects for the D.A.D. principle!

Let me explain what I have to offer. I've been vague with the description not because I want to scam you, but it's because one of the things I am offering is the objects/phases. For me, it's the strongest impromptu effect I perform, when I truly have nothing on me but what almost all human beings have.

You are also getting a cool principle you can apply to a book test or just an impromptu effect to make it seem a lot more impossible. You are getting many ideas on how to interchange the objects you are revealing.

I'm sorry you are buying something without knowing much about it, a refund is the best I can do if you truly hate it, but I don't think you will. I am here to share something I love with you. I truly believe you will use it often.

It's only 10 dollars and you'll get a lot. The pdf. should be ready this week for sure, I hope by tomorrow night.

I don't have a video and don't plan on releasing one, maybe for those who own it. This is not one of those things were it's not doable (everyone says that), it's not too good to be true, I'm offering a new presentation on the TOD with more organic objects and an awesome 2nd phase and several variations.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Read about this earlier on Sasha's personal Facebook page and I'm excited by it. It sounds fantastic.

I may have to purchase this one
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Read about this earlier on Sasha's personal Facebook page and I'm excited by it. It sounds fantastic.

I may have to purchase this one

Thanks Maddy! I promise you won't be disappointed!

I want to emphasise though: I'm not offering anything revolutionary, I don't want to have a HUG scandal. It's a very strong and very to the point routine which makes sense and is great in impromptu situations.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Sasha told me a basic description of the effect and it sounds really great. I, for one, look forward to this being finished and released. I'm sure I'll grab a copy.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4150 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Sounds interesting ,for sure.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
The pdf. should hopefully be ready by Wednesday. I want this to be as complete (and simple to follow) as possible. I'm excited to share this with you guys.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Keep us informed please !
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
bahamagician
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of bahamagician
This sounds very interesting. I've done a lot of work with the tossed out deck and still do variations of it both on stage and close up. I've even released one of my handlings to the community. Would be very interested to see where you take the routine. All the best with it Smile
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Thanks for the interest guys!

Here are a few points: There are NO cards in this routine. No cards in sight (that was one of the things I wanted to eliminate).

I am creating some videos for some of the explanations, it can sometimes be hard to explain things in ebook format, so I'm getting that done. The pdf. is around 35 % ready, will try to continue tonight.
There will be impromptu and improvised methods, but there is a one time setup and the effect can be performed any time any where (pretty much), so I think that's the method you'll use, but I will try to include some variations. I need to get permission from someone for one of the impromptu methods.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Ok, I've been making some progress! 70 % of the way through. Should be ready at the end of the week, but I am not promising anything. (if it isn't, it's because I want it to be the best it can be).

It has now become apparent that this routine is not for the beginner mentalist, you must definitely have some experience in the field. It's not hard per se, but you definitely want to have already played with similar things. Technically, the routine is self working.
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Sashac wrote:
Ok, I've been making some progress! 70 % of the way through. Should be ready at the end of the week, but I am not promising anything. (if it isn't, it's because I want it to be the best it can be).

It has now become apparent that this routine is not for the beginner mentalist, you must definitely have some experience in the field. It's not hard per se, but you definitely want to have already played with similar things. Technically, the routine is self working.

Looking forward to it Smile
James
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Toss out deck with a book ? That seem to be an interesting idea . Forking out 10 bucks will not be difficult . Hope to see it on shelve soon . Smile
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
Toss out deck with a book ? That seem to be an interesting idea . Forking out 10 bucks will not be difficult . Hope to see it on shelve soon . Smile

Hey Magician560!

Thanks! Unfortunately, this does not use a book! It only uses items you are probably using right now, this allows you to do a book test in an extremely logical way with no physical words. It's a "thought of" book test.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, Sashac wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, Magician560 wrote:

Hey Magician560!

Thanks! Unfortunately, this does not use a book! It only uses items you are probably using right now, this allows you to do a book test in an extremely logical way with no physical words. It's a "thought of" book test.

Really ? That seems even better Smile .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Not to worry, I've been getting some progress done and I shall soon be taking pre-orders. I might include something free for all pre-orders. Unfortunately, the price of the pdf. will be going up to 12 $, but I will make sure to include as much content as possible and possible a little something extra, we shall see Smile
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
I heard about this project on Team-up, and I'm curious to see who you pick to do graphics and investing.

For those of you interested in participating you can apply here:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/team-up/on/t-o-s-t/
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2014, Acar wrote:
I heard about this project on Team-up, and I'm curious to see who you pick to do graphics and investing.

For those of you interested in participating you can apply here:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/team-up/on/t-o-s-t/

Thanks Acar!

Yeah I have been messaging some of the people who applied and am seeing what would work best.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Hey Guys!

Just to let you know that the pdf. is in it's final stages and it should hoepfully be ready soon! Pre-Orders start Friday! (You'll get something good if you Pre-Order Smile )
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
This will be ready to Pre-Order tonight! Whoever does so will get a free effect from my Book "A Doorway To My Mind" when it comes out. Get excited guys!
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3053 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Why has the price gone up?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » T.O.S.T. by Sasha Crespi (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL