The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » T.O.S.T. by Sasha Crespi (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Yet another great review!

It can be found as a verified buyer on http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638#reviews

I have copied it here to make it easier Smile

Sasha has given us a solid routine using some old principles that he has reworked for the modern age. I enjoyed the S.A. principle as well as the D.A.D. principle. I'm sure with some thought you could produce some routines of your own with these principles. Well worth the money. Congratulations on your release Sasha! And thank you for contributing to the mentalism community!

You can purchase T.O.S.T. right here Smile http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
We have another verified 5 star review! You can read it here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638#reviews

I have copied it here once again to make it easier Smile

The title is "Pretty Good". 5 stars

"Haha just kidding this is amazing!
Personally I have been using it quite a lot and the reactions are simply incredible! It's a must have if you're a mentalist"

Thank you Sébastien, this is very much appreciated!

You can pick up T.O.S.T. here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Hello Everyone!

Sasha speaking, creator of T.O.S.T. Thank you for being one of the over 400 purchasers of T.O.S.T., the feedback I've received has been amazing and I thank you for that.

I'm very happy to announce that (soon) I will be releasing T.O.S.T. 2.0 .

I hate 2.0.'s as much as you do and made myself a promise to not call it that, but the routine has such an important phase change that I feel it deserved it.

This will be 100 % free for all previous T.O.S.T. owners, and will be a similar price to the original T.O.S.T. for everyone else. This is just my way to say thank you to you guys for being the early investors in T.O.S.T.

I'm convinced that the new routine change will be something you guys will love (I know my audiences love it) and will encourage a lot of you to actually use. It has an element of surprise, a callback and totally unexpected ending all in one. I genuinely feel this could be a major part of anyone's stage show and this new phase goes to prove that. So yes, get ready for new subtleties, new ideas and an additional killer phase that provides a show stopping changed to the original T.O.S.T.

It allows you to have a real punch at the end. No one will see it coming (especially not conjurors) and I can't wait to share it with you guys. There will also be a lot of new subtleties, new visual ideas and a killer convincer that I think you guys will love! I'm also considering including a quick trailer. I won't be demonstrating the routine and won't get into specifics of it, but if people would be interested in one, please let me know.

I can't wait to show you what the future is holding. Oh and yes, a DVD with a certain retailer is also in the works, but let me not tease you too much. Any of you who know me personally will know that I've been working on it for 6 years and I'm pleased to announce it will finally be available.

Except for that, I hope all of you are having fun performing and I wish you nothing but the best! Keep your eyes on your mailbox Smile
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
915 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Sounds great Sasha! Love the original!
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2015, Sashac wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Sasha speaking, creator of T.O.S.T. Thank you for being one of the over 400 purchasers of T.O.S.T., the feedback I've received has been amazing and I thank you for that.

I hate 2.0.'s as much as you do and made myself a promise to not call it that, but the routine has such an important phase change that I feel it deserved it.

This will be 100 % free for all previous T.O.S.T. owners, and will be a similar price to the original T.O.S.T. for everyone else. This is just my way to say thank you to you guys for being the early investors in T.O.S.T.

I'm convinced that the new routine change will be something you guys will love (I know my audiences love it) and will encourage a lot of you to actually use. It has an element of surprise, a callback and totally unexpected ending all in one. I genuinely feel this could be a major part of anyone's stage show and this new phase goes to prove that. So yes, get ready for new subtleties, new ideas and an additional killer phase that provides a show stopping changed to the original T.O.S.T.

It allows you to have a real punch at the end. No one will see it coming (especially not conjurors) and I can't wait to share it with you guys. There will also be a lot of new subtleties, new visual ideas and a killer convincer that I think you guys will love! I'm also considering including a quick trailer. I won't be demonstrating the routine and won't get into specifics of it, but if people would be interested in one, please let me know.

I can't wait to show you what the future is holding. Oh and yes, a DVD with a certain retailer is also in the works, but let me not tease you too much. Any of you who know me personally will know that I've been working on it for 6 years and I'm pleased to announce it will finally be available.

Except for that, I hope all of you are having fun performing and I wish you nothing but the best! Keep your eyes on your mailbox Smile

How will current owners get the update? Will it be posted to our Penguin accounts?
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2015, tmoca wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2015, Sashac wrote:
Hello Everyone!

How will current owners get the update? Will it be posted to our Penguin accounts?

Yes. I have also contacted all of the people that bought this from me initially. Once again, please keep in mind that it won't be a while until I decide to update it. Several ideas have been coming from myself, from friends and from previous purchasers of T.O.S.T. for the past few months so I want to test as many as I can and "filter" the gold Smile
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
742 Posts

Profile of Roki
This sounds interesting but I personally don't trust reviews on a sellers site. How come no one has reviewed it here on the Café? I don't mean " Its awesome " but give us an idea how it plays . There is so little actual information here that is not just promotion from the creator. Im not criticising him but would like something more objective as I am genuinely interested.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2015, Roki wrote:
This sounds interesting but I personally don't trust reviews on a sellers site. How come no one has reviewed it here on the Café? I don't mean " Its awesome " but give us an idea how it plays . There is so little actual information here that is not just promotion from the creator. Im not criticising him but would like something more objective as I am genuinely interested.

Hey Roki!

That is not a problem at all. If you go back to the second page, you can see a review from someone here on the Café. All the other reviews are either from the Penguin site or ones that were sent to me personally. There is also an unbiased review on James Conti's website; it can be found here: http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com/tost-by-sasha-crespi.html

I'm also offering a money back guarantee if you absolutely do not like it.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
For all of you wondering, here is what the T.O.S.T. 2.0. routine is. There will be a LOT more to the routine than just this, but this is the "basic" routine.

After the Performer has introduced him/herself, he/she asks several helpers if they would like to take place in a psychological experiment.

An envelope is handed out into the audience containing a prediction.

After borrowing a smartphone, the Performer opens the Music playlist, showing all the songs to be different. After the participants have confirmed this, they are asked to place the phone on shuffle and individually “run” through the songs until they have all chosen one song they are happy (or familiar) with. This is all done whilst the phone is on silent and the Performer is in the other room. Once they have done so, they are asked to remember the song and hide the phone. (To recap, each spectator is apparently thinking of a different song and the performer genuinely has no idea what song each spectator is thinking of).

The performer returns to the room and asks all of the helpers to stand up. He then names several songs (the same number as the people standing) and asks everyone to sit down if they have heard their song. They all do so but two. All of the other audience members are asked to go back to their seat.

The performer focuses on the two remaining spectators and tries to reveal what songs both of the remaining spectators are thinking of but seems to be unable to do so. Unable to “read” the person, the performer asks one of the two spectators to also go back to their seat.

The person left standing is then asked to start singing the song they are merely thinking of in their head and to stop whenever they want. Once they have done so, the performer is not only able to reveal (letter per letter) the word they have stopped at, but also exactly where!

As a kicker, the performer calls back the person that he was unable to "read" and asks them to name their song. The performer has a moment of clarity and reminds the audience of the prediction he handed out before any of this took place.

The spectator opens the prediction and it is revealed that the song the remaining spectator was merely thinking of is written upon it.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Just to clarify, T.O.S.T. 2.0 should be coming out in May.
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
742 Posts

Profile of Roki
Thanks for posting the routine.Sashac. Now we have a clue how it plays.
Does it require you to know how music playlists work on various phone ? I don't even know how mine works.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2015, Roki wrote:
Thanks for posting the routine.Sashac. Now we have a clue how it plays.
Does it require you to know how music playlists work on various phone ? I don't even know how mine works.

Hey Roki!

It doesn't. I teach you everything in detail and there is nothing complicated. If you can create a music playlist (putting songs in it as well obviously) and put it on shuffle, you'll be fine. For the impromptu method, it's even easier.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Well, today I found out I got into the University of The Creative Arts, which means you get a great deal!

T.O.S.T. for the next week ONLY is 7 $. That's almost half price and knowing that T.O.S.T. 2.0. will soon be coming out (and the price will go up), this is a bargain! This is THE ABSOLUTE lowest price this will ever be sold for!

Oh yes, T.O.S.T. 2.0. comes free for those that purchase T.O.S.T.

This is for the next week only! All I ask is that if you like it, please leave a review!

You can take advantage of this deal here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638

Thank you so much for all of you that have already purchased and performed T.O.S.T., It means the world!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Thank you to everyone that has already taken part in this deal! Just to confirm, the price is only 7 $ until Monday midnight PST (that's the time one of my other auditions ends) and I won't be running any more of these flash sales unless I get into other courses (I'm applying for 3 more in total) or am in a particularly great mood!

Just to clarify, T.O.S.T. 2.0. isn't out yet, it's still being developed/is being written. It will be out in a few months but I'd be happy to quickly run through some of the tips that will be present in the 2.0. version with the purchasers of T.O.S.T.

I think all of you will be very happy to see how much the routine has matured! It's been very much influenced by the work of Luke Jermay and the philosophy of Kennedy!

Thanks again and join the deal before it's too late!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Tongiht is the last night for you to take advantage of this deal!

Just this weekend, I approved of 3 more ideas to be in T.O.S.T. 2.0.

I'll be giving you so many different ways of performing the effect so that you can change the method to best fit the situation. It's going to be great!

Until then, good vibes!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I wasn't kidding, the price for T.O.S.T. has gone up!

It will reach it's full price of 20 $ when T.O.S.T. 2.0. is released. In the meantime, I might consider filming a quick effect of mine (completely unrelated to T.O.S.T. and including it as a bonus until T.O.S.T. 2.0. arrives.

Would there be any interest? It's a fun effect that fooled both Justin Miller and Eric Jones when I first created it.It's a fun Triumph routine with a twist. It's incredibly clean and even a beginner can do it. It has a really fooling moment in the middle/end and is super clean as you spread the cards in your hands throughout to show them mixed. (Warning: it requires a special deck which you all have).

It's just a fun little thing that I think you might enjoy. Any interest?
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I'm happy to report 3 things:

-The writing of T.O.S.T. 2.0 is going incredibly well and (if I may say so myself), the subtleties in it are incredible! This is SO much more than simply the T.O.S.T. effect, this is a lesson in the evolution of a piece. I think everyone who purchases this will absolutely adore it! I am nearing 30 pages and I am not even half way through! I genuinely believe this will provide great value to any serious student of the art. I will not be releasing any review copies but I will be offering complimentary copies of the pdf. to people of my choosing for quote purposes.

-T.O.S.T. 2.0. will be released sooner than I thought.

-T.O.S.T. 2.0. will be released as a limited edition physical book (only 25 copies available). All previous T.O.S.T. purchasers will receive the 2.0. as a digitally watermarked version, but that will be not be available after T.O.S.T. 2.0 is released.

The final price will be 25 $ and it will only be available through me directly.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
It's coming along really well! I'm including a bonus effect of mine which could be worth more than the price of the book (I know because someone is selling an incredibly similar thing for 50 $!).

I'm thinking 50 copies sold in total for 29.95 only through me. I'm still debating whether it should be hard backed or soft backed. Hard Backed would mean that the price would go up just a bit (35 $) and I would be taking pre-orders one week before it goes off to the printers just to pay for printing costs. There wouldn't be any delays as the book would be finished by then.

Thoughts?
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On May 10, 2015, Sashac wrote:
It's coming along really well! I'm including a bonus effect of mine which could be worth more than the price of the book (I know because someone is selling an incredibly similar thing for 50 $!).

I'm thinking 50 copies sold in total for 29.95 only through me. I'm still debating whether it should be hard backed or soft backed. Hard Backed would mean that the price would go up just a bit (35 $) and I would be taking pre-orders one week before it goes off to the printers just to pay for printing costs. There wouldn't be any delays as the book would be finished by then.

The Hard Backed would have the added bonus routine whereas the soft wouldn't'.

Thoughts?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3597 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
If it's in the 60 - 80 pages ball park I would keep it as a soft back. Good luck with the release.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » T.O.S.T. by Sasha Crespi (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL