The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Doll Research (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

revenantproductions
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of revenantproductions
Greetings All,

Once upon a time I heard story of a man in Europe who lost his beloved daughter. After her death he began to make porcelain dolls in her likeness and he produced many of them. These dolls were of rather simple design, but they became known by name.

Unfortunately I can not recall that name. If anyone knows what these small porcelain dolls were called, please drop me a line. I know there is quite a bit written about them, but without the name it is something of a brutal search on-line.

Best,
A.S.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Http://urbanlegendsonline.com/the-origins-of-raggedy-ann/
Close, and may be the origin of the story you heard.
revenantproductions
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of revenantproductions
Thanks Balaram.

I finally stumbled over what I was seeking. The doll I was trying to find is called a Frozen Charlotte.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Not a Doll story but I watched DEAD SILENCE for the first time last night,wow quite a scary,jumpy type of film with ventriloquist dummies,worth a watch,but boy I need to get a scary dolly,or make one up ,will have to go up to our spooky attic and see if my daughter has any up there when she was a little girl,many,many moons ago.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
I enjoyed Dead Silence too. Good premise, well executed.
Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
238 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
I loved Dead Silence. Was so bummed out that they didn't make a sequel.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1274 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Frozen Charlottes are the small dolls frozen in an upright position that "supposedly" got the name due to a young girl on a sleigh ride that froze to death along the way, you can still find some at antique or flea mrkts , or more to our usage you can find molds for them on ebay that could have a almost "magnetic appeal " put in them when you cast them Smile
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1274 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
What an absoluly amazing resource I never knew google did old newspapers. Thanks for the heads up
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
I have driven through the hearts of men
276 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
Not the same story, but in the right vein: http://weburbanist.com/2010/10/06/mexico......e-dolls/

Bruce
Download our Free Magic Inventory and Show Creation software - www.mailware.com/magic

Mentalist by day. Bizzarist by night.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
That google newspaper search finction is fantastic. Try typing in ghost or some other suitably spooky search term. So much grist for the mill..
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
889 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Bookmarked in the coveted 'tools' folder. Thanks for the share. I didn't know Google searched the newspaper morgue. You can pin things down to your region too! And there went my evening.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Doll Research (9 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL