The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Lecture! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

revenantproductions
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of revenantproductions
Greetings Darklings,

If any of you are free on this Saturday August 9th, 2014, and find yourself in the Denver area. I will be presenting a lecture to a group of magicians on the presentation and performance of Paranormal Illusions.

The lecture is titled Grave Deceptions The Professional Presentation of Paranormal Illusions and doors open at 11am at Biaggis Italian Restaurant in the Centerra shopping complex in Loveland, CO.

The lecture will feature both a performance of selected effects and a lecture on methods of Bizarre Presentation. The lecture fee is only $10.00 at the door and Lecture notes will be available for purchase.

Hope to see you there.

Best,
A.S.
www.aidensinclair.net
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
I'm in St. George Utah. Any Chance of getting something like this in Las Vegas or SLC? I am right in the middle between them.

Pete
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Or any chance of doing this in Los Angeles?
revenantproductions
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

I would love to do all three if you have any contact info for some clubs or groups that would be willing to host Please PM me.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Aiden is a great guy and a great performer. I have seen him perform quite a few times and I am sure his lecture will be spectacular.
revenantproductions
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Thank you Vic, Hope to be out your way this fall.
paulnoff
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of paulnoff
Thanks a ton Aiden for making the trip to Loveland for the lecture. I have received several positive comments about your lecture. One of the more common comments was how different your lecture was from anything we have had in a while. One long time member said it was his favorite lecture we had ever hosted. Your lecture was SO much more than a "here is a trick and here is how you do it" lecture. It was more about the why and the how to present the show on a level that builds a emotional connection with your audience. Whether you are performing a seance show or thumb tips, you showed the importance of establishing that emotional connection. Your advice on spectator selection and spectator management will translate all the way from a working professional to the friends and family magician. The ethics portion will also translate from the spooky show down to the basic "pick a card" trick. I have not yet started reading the lecture notes but did get an email from a member of the club that said they were great. I have also been asked to schedule another lecture next year...so get to work.......Thanks again. You made a room full of new fans last saturday.
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

For those of us who were not able to attend, would it be possible to purchase a copy of the lecture notes? They could be scanned and saved as a PDF download, with payment thru PayPal. I am always on the look out for information to improve my Bizarre routines.

I do not mean to disrespect the effort of the Loveland CO. Club in my asking. Thank you for considering the idea.

Pete
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
revenantproductions
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

My thanks to all who made it out. It was a wonderful day and privilege to present this lecture.

For those unable to attend, the lecture notes are available as a PDF for $10.00 and can be purchased via PayPal. Anyone interested can acquire them with a PM here.

Best,
Aiden
Gaunt
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2014, revenantproductions wrote:
My thanks to all who made it out. It was a wonderful day and privilege to present this lecture.

For those unable to attend, the lecture notes are available as a PDF for $10.00 and can be purchased via PayPal. Anyone interested can acquire them with a PM here.

Best,
Aiden

Aiden, I am very interested in these notes and thanks for making available. I'll PM you now.
Gaunt
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Great lecture notes Aiden and I look forward to the publication of your book.
Gaunt
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Have to put some cash in the bank monday morning before I can order. Don't sell out of them yet.
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Lecture! (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL