The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Look by Limin (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2014, pegasus wrote:
But you can give away the signed card.

Both the card and eyes can be given to the audience as souvenirs.
That's what the add say's.
G.
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of G.
Hi guys,

Limin is my good friend, and I would like to chime in on this. It comes with 10 pairs of eyes and yes they are specially manufactured, but they are examinable and can be given away as souvenir.

Best Regards,
G
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2014, G. wrote:
Hi guys,

Limin is my good friend, and I would like to chime in on this. It comes with 10 pairs of eyes and yes they are specially manufactured, but they are examinable and can be given away as souvenir.

Best Regards,
G

So why is their chosen card being put back on the top THEN taken off and shown to them,as I said I would not give them away,no need to really the magic has been done ,they saw it,we are not all idiot's here,still as said very nice trick,all the best.
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Hondo
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2014, Fire Starter wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

Best Regards,
G

So why is their chosen card being put back on the top THEN taken off and shown to them,as I said I would not give them away,no need to really the magic has been done ,they saw it,we are not all idiot's here,still as said very nice trick,all the best.

They saw it but they didn't know they did.
If you can do real magic, why do you have people to pick a card and reveal it out?
Why not just read their mind to figure out what they thinking and say it out directly, and then make yourself disappeared with some beautiful smoke in front of their eyes and make a video phone call to them to show them that you are really far away from them?
We are playing magicians, not the god.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2014, Hondo wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

Best Regards,
G

If you can do real magic, why do you have people to pick a card and reveal it out?
Why not just read their mind to figure out what they thinking and say it out directly, and then make yourself disappeared with some beautiful smoke in front of their eyes and make a video phone call to them to show them that you are really far away from them?

LOL ,you got me all wrong ,i wish not to give any thing away ,but that move with the card FIRST in conjunction with the eye's card,tell's me I do not have to give the eye's card out,is that ok with you oh mighty one?,no one is trying tyo play god here and as stated a good visual trick,no need for your sarcasm .
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Hondo
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

Best Regards,
G

LOL ,you got me all wrong ,i wish not to give any thing away ,but that move with the card FIRST in conjunction with the eye's card,tell's me I do not have to give the eye's card out,is that ok with you oh mighty one?,no one is trying tyo play god here and as stated a good visual trick,no need for your sarcasm .

Of course you can keep the eyes for your next performance. Smile
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

Best Regards,
G

Of course you can keep the eyes for your next performance. Smile

I am proberly thinking to much as a Magician ,lol,peace and love,all the best.
G.
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of G.
Of course you will need a good excuse or motivation to place the card back onto the deck. There are some strategies we can use. The easiest one is to use your right hand to point or gesture towards the card with the eyes on the table, comment on the fact that the eyes moved. In order to gesture, you place the card back on the deck for the moment being. Another way is that, you can take a card from the discard pile to wave over the eyes again, to show that the eyes don't move, and in doing so you place the card on the deck to set your right hand free.

Hope this helps,
G.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
Of course you will need a good excuse or motivation to place the card back onto the deck. There are some strategies we can use. The easiest one is to use your right hand to point or gesture towards the card with the eyes on the table, comment on the fact that the eyes moved. In order to gesture, you place the card back on the deck for the moment being. Another way is that, you can take a card from the discard pile to wave over the eyes again, to show that the eyes don't move, and in doing so you place the card on the deck to set your right hand free.

Hope this helps,
G.

The move look's good to me in the vidio ,no worries,it is a cool trick,all the best.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Obvious how this works to magicians with a little bit of experience.

However, I would say that it's a really commercial piece of magic as animation gets great reactions from a lay audience.

Also it's easy to do & resets instantly. I would allready have the card made up & drawn out to save time.

Will get this & use it at my residencies. Great idea with the bussiness card.

Mike Donoghue
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
These eye's can be put into a more sinister image of a picture or painting if you have the imagination it could work on a litle spooky theme,just an idea.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
I think the 2 big issues as Jeff Stone has pointed out in his review

You only get 10 cards in pack , so one is used for practice so 9 to give away

Refills are not available even on his own website

Last of all on the card is printed Look By Limin so if you did give it away a quick google and this post will be top of search

If you are giving something away why would you want the name of the trick written on the giveaway !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Look by Limin (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL