The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The knights tour (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1244 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
BTW, the only reason I'm offering my version is because Senor Fabuloso asked.

Then I should share in the profits don't you think? Given my motivating question. lol Just kidding.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4821 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On May 25, 2018, Steven Keyl wrote:
Lew Brooks and I put out another take on the knights tour which had certain advantages over the traditional methods. Check out the video at penguin for more info. This may be off interest to some.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7167

This is a very nice solution, Steven. Well done. I don't see why it couldn't also be adapted to a larger platform with a projector as well with a little thought.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2529 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
It definitely could! Any venue large enough to project video from a still (or moving) camera would be a good candidate for it. All you would need is a deck of cards and a knight. Talk about packing small!

For me, the other advantage of this routine is working memory. To perform the traditional version, one must actively keep the moves in mind. Since I don't perform the Knight's Tour often, there is no way for me to justify the time and mental effort required to keep it performance-ready.

With this solution, if I don't perform it for a year or more, it's not a problem. It's always ready at a moment's notice.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The knights tour (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL