The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Who is John Murray? (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
comicjenius
View Profile
New user
Spartanburg, SC
32 Posts

Profile of comicjenius
Wonderful tribute, Rhett. John Murray was an exceptional performer, mentor, innovator and warm, wonderful person. Some of my happiest memories are the Saturdays I spent in Up The Stairs.I haven't read all of the posts yet, but John also had other tricks I'd like to see produced again; SpooKey, Hare In The Hat, Invisible Ghost, In-Between. Wasn't there a trick called "Evidence Of Misspent Youth", or was that a book? Anyway, I'll finish reading the thread now. Smile
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
170 Posts

Profile of DonB!
This may be a few years too late, but I have many copies of the book, Inside John Murray. I would let them go for three dollars a piece if you will cover the postage also.

Don
320- two seven nine - one one one eight
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
170 Posts

Profile of DonB!
I have sent out all copies of the John Murray book that I had. Thanks everyone.

Don
Don's Used Magic & Books
Eapperson
View Profile
New user
Greenville, SC
3 Posts

Profile of Eapperson
I grew up in John’s shop, and consider him a mentor. He was so generous with his time and teaching. I spent many Saturdays in The Up the Stars Magic Shop with John and Rhett both. I am very proud to call Rhett a close friend today. If you Candace find any of Johns works buy them. Another stong piece of magic I remember John performing was his version of the three shell game using mini brass bowls and a pea. Great magic.
Here is a picture of John taken in 1980 in his shop.
Edmund Apperson
The Southern Scoundrel
magical evidence of a misspent youth
www.thesouthernscoundrel.com
Eapperson
View Profile
New user
Greenville, SC
3 Posts

Profile of Eapperson
Trying to post the picture again.
Edmund Apperson
The Southern Scoundrel
magical evidence of a misspent youth
www.thesouthernscoundrel.com
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
Edmund had tried to post a photo of John Murray and had no luck.He has shared it with me and I will attempt to do it here. If you can't read the sign behind John it says "Once the Secret is Told, the Trick is Sold." John really meant that - he valued the secrets and kept the "work" close. He would not sell tricks to customers who he thought would not be up to doing the trick. Even so, he was always ready to help out the newcomers and veterans alike. John was a special magician. I am gratified that folks are still excited about learning from him - his tricks and books.

Click here to view attached image.
Joshua Wilde
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Joshua Wilde
I happened upon an old booklet called "Coffee Break Magic" by Johnnie Murray & Don Tanner. I'm assuming this is the same John Murray being remembered here. Just thought I'd mention it for those looking for Murray's material. As of this writing, it's still available from Magic, Inc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Who is John Murray? (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL