The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Who's been a volunteer for Copperfield (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
After being chosen for the illusion "13" I have had several magicians ask what the experience was like.

Was just curious who else has graced the stage with DC and if they had any stories.

Another friend was chosen for the car appearance in the same night.

Scott
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Not DC..but kind of close. I was selected once to put Teller in his straitjacket. Total coincidence the way it worked out.
quack
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
I was selected to be an observer (not actually in the illusion, but on stage) with DC. It was fun. The stage hand asked on my way up if I was "a member of the media or a magician", I said I was a magician and he said to another stage hand "honest face". The second stage hand took me to a stool on stage and sat me down. I watched the illusion from that position and didn't see anything "fishy". They gave me an autograph from DC and I went back to my seat. It was a great night that I will never forget.

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
Patrick T.
View Profile
New user
Esslingen / Germany
39 Posts

Profile of Patrick T.
Hi!
I was selected to go on stage in DC show. I had to write the two numbers on his arm for the Portal Illusion. It was great! After the show I was introduced to Chris Kenner and then went backstage to see DC again. Smile
DouglasB
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of DouglasB
I have been one for DC. Here in Pittsburgh PA. Sorry forgot the name of the illusion. But he takes 20 25 people, makes them disappear and reappear in the back of the venue. Got to meet him afterwards and shake his hand in an off stage waiting room. Got the autographed photo after the "don't tell anyone" speach. While I was breathless, David looked tired. This is something I will never forget
Smile
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Hi Douglas it was actually 13 people hence the name "13". I saw the show before the one he collapsed in the same theatre that he collapsed in. Needless to say he looked drained that night as well.

Even in that state he put on a heck of a show.

Scott
Josh Isenhardt
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Josh Isenhardt
I have been lucky enough to be part of thirteen two years in a row! It was unbelievable. The first year my wife bought us tickets for my birthday and we obviously sat together. The balls went out and just as the music stopped, I saw a ball directly over my head. I threw a few 'bows and ended up with it. The crazy part is at that same moment a ball came bouncing down our isle and who should end up with it . . . my wife! We both went up and were a part of the illusion. The next year I just so happened to catch a ball again! How crazy is that. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget. I have had a life long admiration for DC's showmanship and getting on stage with him was like a dream come true. . . twice! And yes, he looked exhausted when I met him both times.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
So I assume when all of you were asked the media/magician question (which is standard operating procedure for that effect) you lied? Correct?
paulnathan
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
21 Posts

Profile of paulnathan
I did a card trick as a volunteer in David's show in Vegas a couple of years ago. No one asked me anything. My date went on stage for 13 and sat outside the illusion. She loved it. She didn't mention anyone asking her any questions (and she would have).

P
Love thy neighbor.

Oops. Sorry. That should have been...
Make love to thy neighbor.
http://www.badmagician.com
http://www.firemagic.com
http://www.devilinthedeck.com
http://www.ihatechildren.com
http://www.darkkabaret.com
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
Not with DC, but was Amazing Jonathans stooge for 45 minutes !! Smile
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Borack you lucky man!
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Not with DC, but I was the fellow Harry Blackstone, Jr. did the shirt pull with one night.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
MagicMax7
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
33 Posts

Profile of MagicMax7
I've actually been chosen twice to participate and vanish in DC's "13" illusion.

The first time was alone and the second time my date and I both caught the balls and got to sit in the front row middle seats on the platform. He asked us our names and handed us the flashlights. Let me tell you, being on stage with DC on the Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas stage was a pretty exciting experience. Also, feeling like I was part of the show was awesome.

Neither time was I asked if I was a magician or a member of the audience.

The true brilliance in that illusion is what he tells the people who have disappeared. The psycology behind it is a work of art. Those who have experienced it know what I'm talking about.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Yeah the speech after the illusion is great.

Scott
prof_dumbledor7
View Profile
New user
Nevada
9 Posts

Profile of prof_dumbledor7
I too was able to go onstage during the 13 Illusion. Just being there on stage for me was enough. And yes, the speech was very funny as well. Smile
roymagic
View Profile
New user
Belgium
3 Posts

Profile of roymagic
Well,

My spouse and I, we have been selected by DC to participate with him on stage for the "13 illusion" several times.

It was marvellous to see DC directly in work on a big stage and see 8.000,00 or more people in the arena.

When he threw the large beach ball, a stage hand put 2 balls in our hands and told us you go to the stage. We didn't participate in the disappearance, we were both on the side of the illusion, but, if we didn't see, we listened to the noise behind. As I am magician, it was not difficult to understand how DC did this illusion.

After the show, David asked me "It was a good experience for you?"

I understand that if I want to be a very good magician, and work in big scale illusions, I must put all chances in my side, and see a great master of illusion, a great genius in magic. The show was a really good experience that I will never forget.

I hope all magicians have the chance that I had with David. Believe me, it is really a very good and grand experience.
Magically Yours
Roy S
Jeff007
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jeff007
My wife has been pulled up 3 times: the Moon Interative effect a while back, and also for the Moon Rise (re-do of Cardiographic) and just a month or so ago for the Scorpion effect.

I was part of the Cups, ball, and mice effect as part of the Tornado of Fire special (this effect aired to countries other than the U.S. however), and can also be seen as a small shadow working a spotlight during the goldfish effect in all version of the special. If you're wondering, check out the shadow exactly beneath the glass when David turns it upside down to show "low tide". That tiny shadow is me near the rafters of the building. I tell you, friends of mine were calling me up saying that they recognized me. Alright, so maybe not. ROFL! I guess it was a bit too far away. Smile
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
My mom was involved with a close up trick he was doing, where a piece of coal writes out "your favorite place" on a 3x5 card. She kind of screwed up the trick for him, because when he asked if "we've ever met before" she said yes, just before the show... ha... poor guy... and yes, he was exhausted there too.
Craig Crossman
View Profile
Special user
Palm Beach, Florida
523 Posts

Profile of Craig Crossman
My girlfriend was called up on stage and wrote the initials on his arm. I know DC from the 70's when I met him at the Magic Castle a few times (one of the perks being a regular member of the MC, I guess!). His performance in West Palm Beach, FL was wonderful. I was the one who got a little silver ball as it rolled down the aisle and hit my foot! When DC saw it was me holding the ball, he motioned to my girlfriend and said "give it to her." lol

After the show, we both got to meet him backstage. She went in first and got the "If you were to see anything, would you tell anyone" speech. She said she would not, and she didn't see anything anyway. Both of us were completely entertained.

The appearing car blew me away. That and when he is teleported to the beach from the crane that suspends him and the "guest" over the audience. Also the part where he appears and vanishes on the sandy beach. You can only go up, down, left, right so how the heck does he do those?! If anyone knows how he does either of these effects, (not the video part on the island. That's easy to figure out) PM me please.

The show is great and certainly something I'll remember for a very long time. It was wonderful. It dispels any doubts you may have about camera tricks being used on these particular effects when you see it done on one of his TV specials.

If you have the chance to go and see him, do so!
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
He will be in my end of the world tomorrow and I don't have tickets Smile . I am Performing tomorrow for school and can't bail to see him. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Who's been a volunteer for Copperfield (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL