The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted Key modification (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

darylrogers
View Profile
Regular user
Wisconsin
127 Posts

Profile of darylrogers
Here is the Haunted Key I received, nice and new, from the manufacturer. It was so bright and shiny that seemed to be missing something.

I buried it in my backyard over the summer, and now it has some serious mojo. To me, it looks like it really could be haunted!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3800 Posts

Profile of The Curator
That was the thing to do.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2014, The Curator wrote:
That was the thing to do.

Yup!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
726 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Nice work - that key looks deadly good! I wouldn't use it near any open wounds ; )
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
Looks so much better now, was it a magic dealer that sold you the shiny one.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2014, george1953 wrote:
Looks so much better now, was it a magic dealer that sold you the shiny one.

That is the Fun Inc haunted key.
Antoine
View Profile
Regular user
Northern France
104 Posts

Profile of Antoine
Why do you buy a magic prop to customize it instead of buying an real antique key on a flee market or Ebay ?!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have old antique key's and some do work well,the magic prop one's I have ever brought have been like copper substance and will not rust and I had a treated one that just chipped off,nice one if you can get them to rust like that and are a nice key to perform with.
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
498 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
And the price for the ageing materials was right.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Ya dirt cheap...
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
I like the whole DIY aspect and think it sounds like a fun/easy project to get a key designed for this use to look the part you will play - So many of the keys at flea markets and e-bay are overpriced reproductions anyway - Also Peter is right, the price was right! My favorite is still the Carlyle key though - He is so very generous with his video/skype live training and the money goes to a true legend in the industry.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3800 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2014, Lo Pan wrote:
I like the whole DIY aspect and think it sounds like a fun/easy project to get a key designed for this use to look the part you will play - So many of the keys at flea markets and e-bay are overpriced reproductions anyway - Also Peter is right, the price was right! My favorite is still the Carlyle key though - He is so very generous with his video/skype live training and the money goes to a true legend in the industry.

10 cents on a Flea Market, took me less than 1 minute to find. Works perfectly... No need to age, except if you want a specific aging. But they were more or less 100 differents keys with different patinas. Mostly rusty.
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2014, The Curator wrote:

10 cents on a Flea Market, took me less than 1 minute to find. Works perfectly... No need to age, except if you want a specific aging. But they were more or less 100 differents keys with different patinas. Mostly rusty.

Hi Curator - That is a very nice looking key! - unfortunately the only antiques I can find at the outdoor markets in Hawaii are old souvenir t-shirts that never sold and some other odds and ends - We do have antique shops here but they are very expensive. I love to see all your amazing finds and envy your access to the antique markets in your area. I think the next time I travel to the mainland I will make it a point to look up a few.
theghostcompany
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
81 Posts

Profile of theghostcompany
Very nice aging - looks a lot like the Haunted Inns one I have.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
Haunted Inns is my favourite haunted key routine recommend it highly !
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2014, Antoine wrote:
Why do you buy a magic prop to customize it instead of buying an real antique key on a flee market or Ebay ?!

HauntedKeys from magic companies are typically balanced making the effect much easier to perform. Finding that perfect key at a flea market etc may take minutes or years depending on your luck. I definitely think a real antique key rules the roost but that's a pretty decent solution in the meantime. That fun inckey sells at my shop for $10.95 to 12.95 depending on if I want a drink with my ramen noodles or not. ...so its not a big investment andthat aging looks great!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3289 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I prefer to soak them in cadaver urine. Only takes a couple weeks.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2014, weepinwil wrote:
I prefer to soak them in cadaver urine. Only takes a couple weeks.

And it imparts a truly irresistible, one of a kind bouquet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted Key modification (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL